3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: BEAR QUEST II Spring BEAR HUNT 2 Openings  (Read 40426 times)

Offline bbassi

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: BEAR QUEST II Spring BEAR HUNT 2 Openings
« Reply #760 on: June 30, 2008, 09:40:00 AM »
so Loyde shot marvin finally huh? I figured he probably would. Good Job bud!
Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscripti catapultas habebunt.

Offline Grant Young

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #761 on: June 30, 2008, 09:41:00 AM »
Great Photos, Bowdaddy. I never saw you with a camera, you sneaky devil.                  GY

Offline d. ward

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #762 on: June 30, 2008, 09:44:00 AM »
Thats true,I like the real photo's and no possing.....Big Steve and his Pittsley finishing up after a long night....Great video work Steve.........bowdoc

Offline d. ward

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #763 on: June 30, 2008, 09:51:00 AM »
and a big hooooraaaaa....for my boy JC...he was busten his hump this year to make things happen and he was right on...when he said hard work will pay off.......bowdoc

Offline d. ward

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #764 on: June 30, 2008, 09:58:00 AM »
bowdaddy and his prize....bowdoc

Offline d. ward

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #765 on: June 30, 2008, 10:02:00 AM »
sad day packing......bowdoc

Offline d. ward

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #766 on: June 30, 2008, 10:03:00 AM »
busten out..............bowdoc

Offline PV

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #767 on: June 30, 2008, 12:06:00 PM »
A sad day indeed.........

Offline Kingwouldbe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #768 on: June 30, 2008, 12:52:00 PM »
This sounds like a great Tradgang bow hunt, thanks to all of you for taking us with you.

A tip of the camo hat to y'all.

Offline meathead

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #769 on: June 30, 2008, 07:06:00 PM »
I go fishing for a couple days and jay already went and killed his bear.  I'll tell you guys Jay was as excited as can be after his run-in with the big boy.  It is fun to be around someone after those kind of close encounters.  I hope we can do it again next year.

Offline PV

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #770 on: June 30, 2008, 09:31:00 PM »
Circumstances and a great and very understanding wife has allowed me to hunt a lot more than I should the last dozen years or so. I find myself a bit jaded at times without the enthusiasm and anticipation for the upcoming hunt I used to experience when my hunting time was limited.
That all changed when Jay arrived at my house on the day before the hunt. His enthusiasm and excitement were infectious and I felt the old anticipation of the hunt coming back.
We shot our bows, ate and stayed up later than a good host should have allowed a tired traveler too.
Friday we packed up, picked up Steve at the bus terminal and met up with Doc, Whip and JC at Doc’s place. The brotherhood of traditional archers continues to amaze me. People from different backgrounds and locations bond as quickly as superglue.
 Doc’s basement is a bowyers dream. He has more bows of all different types than anyplace I have seen.I could have spent the entire week there, and not seen them all. We flung a few arrows and our gracious hosts Doc and Molly treated us to a fine meal.  After a nap we were on the road to meet the rest of the crew in Vermont.
The rest of the journey up to camp has been well written by JC and others so I’ll fast forward to the drawing of stands for the first night. Although I do have to add that Bowdoc would take another chapter to describe.
I drew the Roller Coaster stand. A first year bait that had a big bear on it. I believe there was a sow taken off the bait in week one and a larger bear seen.
The tracks at the bait were large and for two of the three days I sat that stand, the barrel was torn out of the crib and rolled down the hill.
No sightings the first two nights prompted me to move the stand to another tree. Early on the third night, I briefly saw a very nervous or agitated bear come and check the tree that the stand had been in. I could hear sticks breaking and had nervous small game at the bait for the rest of the evening, but the bear never showed. I was back in the stand at daylight on the following day. The barrel once again torn from the crib and down the hill. I sat for three hours, no bear.  
There was another drawing of stands that had opened up that afternoon. I drew the Bird stand where Jay had taken his first bear, and had other lifelong memories created the previous evening..........

Offline JC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #771 on: June 30, 2008, 09:45:00 PM »
Yeeeaaaaahhhhh, c'mon! It's fillin out right nice now boys....
"Being there was good enough..." Charlie Lamb reflecting on a hunt
TGMM Brotherhood of the Bow

Offline beachbowhunter

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #772 on: June 30, 2008, 10:10:00 PM »
:clapper:    :pray:    :biglaugh:
Ishi was a Californian                   :cool:

Offline tippit

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #773 on: June 30, 2008, 10:17:00 PM »
Paul, I don't think any of my bows match the beauty of the three you make and brought to bear camp   :notworthy:  Doc
TGMM Family of the Bow
VP of Consumption MK,LLC

Offline SKYLER W

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #774 on: June 30, 2008, 10:37:00 PM »
Do you guy's have any idea how bad this makes all of us want to Bear Hunting with you all next year????....Skyler
TGMM Family of the Bow

Speak softly and carry a Big Stick; You will go far.

Offline Whip

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #775 on: June 30, 2008, 10:45:00 PM »
Yeah Slyler, I think I do.  I vividly remember reading of the exploits of the 1st Bear Quest crew last year and thinking to myself "I'd really like to do that!".  This year I became a part of it.  Next year you can too!  :thumbsup:
PBS Regular Member
WTA Life Member
In the end, it is not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. Abraham Lincoln.

Offline BlkDog

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #776 on: July 01, 2008, 12:05:00 AM »
Keep those stories coming.  51 more weeks and we can all meet up at the Denny's in Vermont again!

Sweet pics Bowdoc!  I might have to grab a few of those.  Keep those photos coming!

Offline d. ward

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #777 on: July 01, 2008, 05:31:00 AM »
Thats what I'am talken about....I believe we are all brothers and sisters from different mothers.....the bound of stick and string makes this what it should be.....I hope we all can enjoy these hunts for many years to come...Thanks guy's that was the best hunt ever for me........bowdoc

Offline tippit

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #778 on: July 01, 2008, 06:16:00 AM »
I certainly found a commom bond with Eric and his Bear Killing Red selfbow  :thumbsup:  Thanks again for the pleasure of being able to use this bow...Doc

TGMM Family of the Bow
VP of Consumption MK,LLC

Offline tippit

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #779 on: July 01, 2008, 06:21:00 AM »
You won't find many better than these two fine Southern Gentlemen...Kip & JC taking a break on the veranda!  Doc

TGMM Family of the Bow
VP of Consumption MK,LLC

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©