3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: So greatful for the Support Guys....  (Read 3103 times)

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
So greatful for the Support Guys....
« on: June 23, 2019, 11:26:18 AM »
1st I would like to thank everyone who called, emailed, and posted here at the loss of my father....I read every post.

Also, I would like to apologize for getting broadside, out of line, and short with people here in the last few months. Yes I know, I broke my own rules and I'm very sorry for that I'm sorry.

Although the last 10 years have been really tough with my dad fighting Alzheimer's, the last 3 months have been excruciating knowing I was fixing to lose him. I really wasn't in the right frame of mind to be posting here... I should have just taken a break.  So if I offended anyone here please forgive me.

We buried my father yesterday.  I spoke at his funeral, giving highlights of our life together from my 1st memory of him to the last moments he was here with us. As we hunted, fished and we're in business together for 35 years,  I just had to share some of my experiences and life lessons from my father....

My father was a huge fan of Tradgang.  When we started having to get Sponsors to help carry the site, Dad said, 'Where is Woolshire"?  He wanted not only for our company to be a Sponsor, but he wanted a banner as well.  He wanted our business to help keep Tradgang going till we built up enough Sponsors to keep it supported.  He believed in hunting and fishing for the youth to keep them on the right path.  He sure supported me growing up that's for sure.  He accompanied me a couple of times on the Solana hunts years back, until he just wasn't able to make trips like that.  He really enjoyed meeting other Tradgangers on those hunts.  Over the years after his last trip, he would remind me that we needed to go back over and over....and I just simply agreed.  That's all I could do.  But I kept him fed venison, wild hog, and trout in that nursing home.  That was always a really special dinner for us both.

I titled the tribute to my father "Reflections of a Hero".... Because he surely was mine.

Thanks again everyone.....I need to go check on my Mom this morning.....  :campfire:
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Offline hitman

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: So greatful for the Support Guys....
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2019, 12:06:44 PM »
I sure know what it is like to have a father as a heroe. Mine was that to me in the same ways. Sorry about your loss.
Black Widow PSAX RH 58" 47#@28
Samick Sage 62" 40#@28"
PSA Kingfisher RH 45#@28
Treadway longbow RH 60" 46#at 28"
W.Va. Bowhunters Association life member
Pope and Young associate member
Mississippi Traditional Bowhunters life member

GCook

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2019, 12:58:07 PM »
That is a very tough thing to deal with for both the individual and their loved ones.  I know we all have to go meet The Lord at some point but some roads, like Alzheimer's, are very rough to travel.   May Yahweh bless you and your family with comfort and healing.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Online Roy from Pa

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2019, 01:00:25 PM »
Very nice, Terry.

I understand how hard it is losing Dad.

I went through it also.

Offline kevsuperg

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2019, 01:16:06 PM »
Keep on keeping on Terry.  It's all good on our end.  Take some time away if you need.
 Let your mom know you love her and support her. All y'all will be ok.   

USAF Medic 1982-1992
Life member BHA.
RMEF, PBS, Compton, idaho trad bow hunters

Offline Fattony77

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2019, 01:17:58 PM »
Terry, I'm so sorry for your loss. I'll be praying for God to ease your pain/grief. Alzheimer's is especially cruel to the family, as it feels like losing your loved one over a long period of time and then again when their body fails. My dad dealt with it with my grandpa, and I'm having to begin dealing with my mother having bouts with dementia/confusion. I know the challenges that it is presenting me, I'm sure that you've had to endure even worse.

I respect you for honoring your father/mentor/hero in the best ways that you can, and I thank you for sharing your heartfelt experiences with us. Though I am still a stranger to you right now, I am here for you, if you ever need someone to talk to. Hopefully we can fix the "stranger" part next February, when we go huntin' together.

Online goobersan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2019, 03:45:54 PM »
 :campfire:

Online varmint101

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2019, 04:12:30 PM »
God bless you guys! Sure knew something was wrong. Sorry for your loss, T. Sounded like a great man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bless The Lord, O My Soul!

Member:
Indiana Bowhunter Association
Compton Traditional Bowhunters
Professional Bowhunters Society

Online Bowguy67

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2019, 05:19:36 PM »
Good memories brother. Look at the thread you started. You appreciate what you’re given. He raised you right. I’m sure he was a real good man.
God bless you both and keep your head up. I’m sure he’d want that
62” Robertson Primal Overdrive 57lbs
62” Robertson Primal Overdrive 52lbs
62” Robertson Primal Overdrive 53lbs
62” Robertson Fatal Styx 47lbs
64” Toelke Whip 52lbs
58” Black Widow PSA 64lbs
62” Black Widow PSA 54lbs
60” Bighorn Grand Slam 60lbs
60” Bear Kodiak Hunter 50lbs painted black. My uncles bow. He may be gone but his spirit isn’t. Bow will hunt again
52” Bear Kodiak Magnum 50lbs

Offline Ghostman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2019, 05:53:53 PM »
I too lost my father to Alzheimer's. It's a terrible disease. Keep his memory alive, It will help through the difficult times.  :campfire:

Offline Mike Orton

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2019, 07:37:02 PM »
Alzheimer's is a cruel disease.  Been there, done that.  The disease is so taxing upon the caregiver that they often do not survive the patient.  More research needs to be done on this disease, which knows no discrimination of whom it effects.  Miserable for those friends and family left behind.

In the end game, all we can hope for is to pass with grace in the loving arms of family and friends.  Sounds like your Dad had a good passing.  Sound advice is to now ease up on yourself, breathe and focus upon the living your life as your Dad taught you to do.

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline John Krause

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2019, 07:57:11 PM »
God bless your Dad, you and your whole family ...
When a man shoots with a bow it is own vigor of body that drives the arrow,  his own mind controls the missile's flight......His trained muscles and toughened thews have done the work

Offline Friend

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2019, 08:53:55 PM »
We may always wonder why prolonged suffering envelopes our loved ones.

Have been experiencing such with my father the past three years.

May your father's love and memories be passed down.
>>----> Friend <----<<

My Lands… Are Where My Dead Lie Buried.......Crazy Horse

Offline sticksnstones

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2019, 09:20:39 PM »
Thanks for being open with what has been going on Terry. After your other post I thought back to our conversation and how you needed to move our podcast recording time to take him dinner and visit, and how important those things are in the grand scheme of things. My heart goes out to you and your whole family in your time of mourning, but I do hope there is a silver lining in the end of his suffering. I'm glad you were able to speak at his funeral, I lost my mother a few months ago and that same opportunity was powerful for me.
Thom

Offline joe vt

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2019, 05:36:55 AM »
Those were some nice words spoken Terry. I am very sorry for your loss.

A loved father that you admire and look up to is priceless.
~ joe vt  >>>~~~~~~~~>

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Jon Stewart

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2019, 07:45:39 AM »
Terry, as you know there is nothing anyone can say to relieve your pain. The pain is real and is going to be there as time heals you. I lost my bride of 47 years 3 months ago today.  I teared up when I read your post and am crying hard now.  I pray everyday for healing and will ad you and your family to that prayer.

Offline rastaman

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2019, 10:10:52 AM »
And I know your Dad was just as proud of you Terry, as you were of him.  Time is the only thing that will dull the pain you feel now.  Prayers continue for you and your family.

>>------->
TGMM Family of the Bow

:archer:                                               

Randy Keene
"Life is precious and so are you."  Marley Keene

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2019, 01:50:22 PM »
 :pray: :pray:
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Offline Jerry Russell

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2019, 03:05:29 PM »
So very sorry to hear this news.  Prayers for your family. 

Offline BrushWolf

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2019, 07:42:51 PM »
My condolences for your family.
Kids who hunt, trap, & fish don't mug little old ladies.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©