3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Jumping Jack Trailers  (Read 2656 times)

Offline Kevin Hansen

• Trad Bowhunter
Jumping Jack Trailers
« on: June 25, 2019, 11:28:48 PM »
Purchased an enclosed cargo trailer a couple years ago to use as a hunting camper, and am still not sure I made the best choice. At the end it was between the cargo trailer and a Jumping Jack trailer. I know there is an older thread or two on this topic. I've searched, but can't find them, so I'm starting a new one. Any of you on this forum own/owned a Jumping Jack, and if so, what are your thoughts on them?
Part of what kept me from buying one before is I couldn't find anyone who owned one within driving distance of me. It would be great to find one in SD, eastern ND, or western MN to look at firsthand.
Thanks.

Offline Biathlonman

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Jumping Jack Trailers
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2019, 07:32:50 PM »
I don’t own one, but camped next to a guy who had one at Tradfest here in Kentucky.  I really liked the look of it and the guy seemed real happy with it.  I really liked what I saw, but they do seem pretty speedy for what they are.

Offline Kevin Hansen

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2019, 10:34:53 PM »
Thanks. Appreciate the observation. Anyone else?

Offline bruce

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2019, 12:02:01 AM »
Look up roadkill on here. He has one.

Offline old_goat2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2019, 07:20:02 AM »
I have one, unless you're going to haul 4x4s I think there's better options, they are pretty heavy! I have had one for about eleven years now, I'd practically give it to you if you want to come to Denver, I didn't buy the cover to go over it and ended up with some rot around the very bottom of the door, we still used it, just at the bottom of the door and we put a throw over it. Haven't opened it in a few years now, got into backpack hunting. There beds are comfortable and I really prefer how Spartan it is compared to all the other campers out there, I don't want to deal with toilets etc in a camper. I'll pm u my phone number if you want to talk, easier to do that than try and type it all.
David
David Achatz
CPO USN Ret.
Various bows, but if you see me shooting, it's probably a Toelke in my hand!

Offline Kevin Hansen

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2019, 08:39:00 AM »
Appreciate the reference, Bruce.
David, PM sent.

Online Tim Finley

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2019, 12:33:06 PM »
I made an enclosed trailer into a hunting camper it works ok . I was looking for a Scamper to use as small camper to drag into the Badlands and other areas. With the enclosed trailer I can also haul my 4 wheeler and I have a fold down bunk it was comfortable and warm but not roomy enough .

Offline Bow Bender

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2019, 07:27:01 PM »
Where I hunt, fish, and camp I prefer hard sided sleeping and cooking quarters. We never know what will be prowling around and the more protection the better.
If I'd known that I would live this long I'd have taken better care of myself.

Offline Kevin Hansen

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2019, 08:45:07 PM »
I made an enclosed trailer into a hunting camper it works ok . I was looking for a Scamper to use as small camper to drag into the Badlands and other areas. With the enclosed trailer I can also haul my 4 wheeler and I have a fold down bunk it was comfortable and warm but not roomy enough .
My current set up sounds similar to yours Tim. Installed some eTrack to facilitate a double bed once the atv is backed out. It’s a good set up but the trailer’s size kills gas mileage and makes me think twice before entering some areas. Thanks for sharing.

Offline Kevin Hansen

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2019, 08:46:55 PM »
Where I hunt, fish, and camp I prefer hard sided sleeping and cooking quarters. We never know what will be prowling around and the more protection the better.
I hear you on this Bow Bender. It is one of the factors I’ve considered. Thanks.

Offline Roadkill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2019, 12:39:07 AM »
They have a unique place. I have had mine for many years and love it for some applications.  It is comfortable and spacious for two,  and has withstood winds and heavy wet snow when other tents collapsed.  It looks like a springbar.  I toted a Polaris ranger on it and on paved roads it worked-that got top[ heavy on ranch roads in the mountains.  I took thos rubber squares they use in work shops to insulate the floor further, and a buddy heater or even lighting a Coleman lantern for a bit warmed it up.  I never cook in canvas so all our cooking is done outside under an easy up. Do I like and use it ?  Yes for specific purposes nearer hard stand roads.  It trails nicely and you hardly know its back there
Cast a long shadow-you may provide shade to someone who needs it.  Semper Fi

Offline Kevin Hansen

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2019, 07:54:27 AM »
Thanks for chiming in Road Kill. Other than being top heavy with an atv  are there other reasons you prefer to limit its use to being close to hard top? Thanks.

Offline Roadkill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2019, 09:38:31 AM »
It is only top heavy with a Ranger on it, with just coolers and bikes etc, it is fine.  As we use it for hunting, i have never used the cushions in the sofa mode, we just mainly slep ion it and get out of the wind.  It sets up so very quickly if you do not put a lot of stuff on top, too.  Put some moving blankets between you and the canvas at night-rolling against the side without them is darn cold
Sometimes we use a Srpringbar tent=same rules no cooking or eating in canvas and the Jack takes less time to pop up
Cast a long shadow-you may provide shade to someone who needs it.  Semper Fi

Offline Kevin Hansen

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2019, 10:57:40 AM »
It is only top heavy with a Ranger on it, with just coolers and bikes etc, it is fine.  As we use it for hunting, i have never used the cushions in the sofa mode, we just mainly slep ion it and get out of the wind.  It sets up so very quickly if you do not put a lot of stuff on top, too.  Put some moving blankets between you and the canvas at night-rolling against the side without them is darn cold
Sometimes we use a Srpringbar tent=same rules no cooking or eating in canvas and the Jack takes less time to pop up
Thanks for expanding on your experiences with the JJ. That’s the kind of info I’m looking for.

Offline Porkchop1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2019, 12:54:28 PM »
Thanks for the post.  My wife and I are looking for trailers and I like this option.  Like someone else mentioned I don't want to mess with toilets and if it's there the wife and kids will use.  I really like how utilitarian the Jumping Jack is and since I don't have atv's how easy it is to tow.  I hate the idea of having a sail behind the car. Easter WA is pretty winding most times.  Thanks again.
Porkchop

Offline Kevin Hansen

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2019, 06:34:38 PM »
Thanks for the post.  My wife and I are looking for trailers and I like this option.  Like someone else mentioned I don't want to mess with toilets and if it's there the wife and kids will use.  I really like how utilitarian the Jumping Jack is and since I don't have atv's how easy it is to tow.  I hate the idea of having a sail behind the car. Easter WA is pretty winding most times.  Thanks again.
Keep me posted with anything new you learn and if you make the purchase a picture or two would be nice.

Offline rnrs

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2019, 09:30:46 PM »
I have had a small Jumping Jack since they started making them as I lived in SLC and knew the guys. It has been wonderful with no problems. I like the fact you can put your camping gear on top or an ATV. The new ones are not much different from mine but they now have lots of accessory items. rick

Offline Kevin Hansen

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2019, 09:51:03 PM »
I have had a small Jumping Jack since they started making them as I lived in SLC and knew the guys. It has been wonderful with no problems. I like the fact you can put your camping gear on top or an ATV. The new ones are not much different from mine but they now have lots of accessory items. rick
Good info Rick. Thanks for sharing.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©