3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: arrow question??  (Read 814 times)

Offline RedTx

• Trad Bowhunter
arrow question??
« on: February 12, 2007, 11:22:00 AM »
Guys Im new to the board and new to trad shooting.  I used to shoot a compound instictively probally 10 years back.  I said if I ever got back into archery I would go trad.  Anyways Im going trad and am shooting a pearson bph-52 45@28.  My draw length is 29, and im shooting some 31" legacy's with 125 grain heads.  They seem to be shooting all over the place and I dont have a cluew what to do. Im also wanting to get some GT carbon arrows and was wondering what yall's take of spine, tip weight, whatever I need to make them shoot straight.

On a side note if any of you guys are from the North Texas area and feel like helping a new guy out I sure would appreciate it!

Anyways I have no idea what im doing but it feels pretty good to let some arrows fly again

Offline aromakr

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: arrow question??
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2007, 11:30:00 AM »
RedTx:
There's really not enough information to tell what is wrong! Need to know exactly what the arrows are doing and what size Legacy's you are using.
Bob
Man must "believe" in something!  I "believe" I will go hunting-----

Offline RedTx

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2007, 11:58:00 AM »
sorry about that they are 2117 cut at 31.  I have 125 grain field tips in them.  They seem to kick to the left when coming out, but sometimes they fly eactly right???  I get them in the target in all kinds of diffrent directions tail high, tail low, tail left, tail right.  I have know idea how to correct any of this. I havent done a paper test, because i dont know how to adujust anything???  Yeah im sure I sound stupid, but the truth is I just dont know.

Offline RedTx

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2007, 08:16:00 PM »
anybody?????????????

Online The Whittler

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2007, 08:49:00 PM »
If you can get your hands on a couple 1816, 1916, and 2016 cut between 29" to 30". I think one of these will do you fine.

You might find a longe bow will be more forgiveing. The short ones are fun but since you are starting out the longer ones will help you. Good luck and remember to always enjoy and have fun. Alan

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©