3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Spine Question  (Read 623 times)

Offline SteveC

• Trad Bowhunter
Spine Question
« on: October 11, 2019, 01:23:31 PM »
Do broadheads stiffen or weaken overall arrow spine when compared to equal weight field tips?
(Because of broadhead geometry, ...longer, wider, etc)

Bisch

Re: Spine Question
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2019, 01:47:32 PM »
I don’t know the answer to your question, but I have never been able to tell any difference once I put broadheads on an arrow I tuned with field points.

My gut tells me the extra length (most broadheads are a little longer than field points) would make the arrow act just a tad weaker, but I have no scientific or other proof of that.

Bisch

Online McDave

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Spine Question
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2019, 03:00:08 PM »
My gut tells me the extra length (most broadheads are a little longer than field points) would make the arrow act just a tad weaker, but I have no scientific or other proof of that.

Bisch

I agree. Certainly the reverse is noticeably true. Recently I decided I needed 200 grains up front for the arrow to tune. Since I normally shoot a 150 grain broad head, I put a 50 grain weight behind the insert, and that combination shot noticeably stiffer than a 200 grain field point.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Technology....the knack of arranging the world so that we don't have to experience it.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©