3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: For those who have metal ILF risers  (Read 2760 times)

Offline JCS

• Trad Bowhunter
For those who have metal ILF risers
« on: October 23, 2019, 09:56:57 AM »
I'm looking to purchase an ILF rig in the near future and wanted to get some opinions from some of you who have metal ilf risers.  I've been shooting a 50lb 62" Samick Sage recurve for the past 5 years and want to upgrade.

I know there is a large price gap, but what are your favorite metal risers? ILF recurve limbs?

Offline maxpetros

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: For those who have metal ILF risers
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2019, 10:27:41 AM »
My favorite ILF risers in order-
-Morrison 13" phoenix/VPA Vapor (same riser)
- 17" Tribe halo
-17" titan II
- 21" black bear warf
-19" satori
- 15" DAS dx5

As for limbs, I've tried a decent spread and keep coming back to the wood glass tradtech black max. Great shooting limbs, very smooth, pretty quick, quiet and priced very well.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Offline YoungMarine

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2019, 10:50:00 AM »
There are a lot of good ILF risers out there as mentioned above. You don't have to spend a ton on the high end models to have a great riser and you're not limited to just metal. The fun thing about ILF is the many options you have as far as bow setup and tuning. I've had 17" and 21" DAS risers, 19" Hoyt Satori, and currently shoot 21" Black Bear warfs (converted compound riser to ILF can be picked up for $30-$75) and 21" White Feather Lark (very nice wood ILF riser for ~$180 new shipped from the UK).

As far as limbs go I've had/have DAS carbon-foam, Hoyt Traditional wood-glass, Tradtech Carbon-Wood, Zipper Z4 carbon super recurve. The Tradtech seem like the best bang for your buck from the few I've tried. You can pick up lightly used limbs for really good prices as well. Just be aware that limb rating will change based on riser length the limbs are rated on.

Hunting this season with a Black Bear warf with Hoyt limbs. Not fancy or pretty, but it shoots well and puts meat on the ground.

Offline reddogge

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2019, 02:22:57 PM »
TT Titan III
Black Bear warf
Gillo G1 for field and indoor
Traditional Bowhunters of Maryland
Heart of Maryland Bowhunters
NRA
Mayberry Archers

Online fishone

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2019, 08:23:01 PM »
Morrison 13" phoenix

Online Friend

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2019, 08:31:59 PM »
CD Archery WF19 Stalker
>>----> Friend <----<<

My Lands… Are Where My Dead Lie Buried.......Crazy Horse

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2019, 11:52:45 AM »
I just got a Bosen 17” in trade. Seems to fit me well and shoots well. Put TT limbs on, carbon/ wood limbs at 40# on it. Also have had great luck with Dyrad static limbs.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2019, 08:03:27 PM by ron w »
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Offline Miikka

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2019, 02:00:48 AM »
I shoot 17" Hoyt satori and like it a bunch. I like the weight when it comes to training but it is a bit heavy to haul around on longer hunts. The satori has less than stellar finish but it's only a cosmetic issue. I like the satoris handle and I shoot with an extended wrist.

If you buy a wooden one be sure to use 10gpp arrows, The modern limbs can take the stress of lighter arrows but wooden risers may start craking. I've hade two risers crack at just below shelf in near identical way and I'm pretty sure it because I used to shoot 7-8gpp sticks.
You can only miss in two directions, vertically or horizontaly

Offline Bowwild

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2019, 12:37:11 PM »
I've had a few metal riser, ILF rigs. Trad Tech and Hoyt Satori would be my favorites. However, my current favorite ILF rig is the Lobo by Trad Tech.  I love the feel of this carbon riser.

Offline Bob Morrison

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2019, 01:14:06 PM »
Phoenix 13" SS Max6. :bigsmyl:

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©