3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Arrows  (Read 881 times)

Offline Ronnie Newell

• Trad Bowhunter
Arrows
« on: October 24, 2019, 11:31:07 PM »
Anyone else go through them like this?

Sent from my LG-M150 using Tapatalk

PBS associate

Offline Silent footed

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Arrows
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2019, 11:48:00 PM »
I've got boxes and boxes of wood arrows of all spines. I keep saying some day I'm going to learn how to splice shafts by cutting  "V"s and reuse all my old shafts again. Not sure how it would work to be honest. But there's nothing like opening a box of cedar every now and then.

GCook

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2019, 08:16:47 AM »
I still have one of yours here at the house Ronnie.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Online McDave

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2019, 08:29:46 AM »
Over the years as I have gotten older and moved to lower weights, I accumulate lots of higher spined arrows and heavy weight bows that I don't use anymore.  It is easy enough to sell or give away the bows, but nobody seems to want old arrows.  My wife uses a few for projects she does, but not enough to make much of a dent in the bucket.  There are some good articles this month in TBM about hunting small game, recommending that you use old arrows so you won't mind when they get broken or lost.  Now there's an idea!  Get me off my easy chair, get the dog some exercise, and get rid of some old arrows to boot!  Wish I lived in an area where there were bullfrogs....
TGMM Family of the Bow

Technology....the knack of arranging the world so that we don't have to experience it.

Offline Ronnie Newell

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2019, 09:39:52 AM »
Over the years as I have gotten older and moved to lower weights, I accumulate lots of higher spined arrows and heavy weight bows that I don't use anymore.  It is easy enough to sell or give away the bows, but nobody seems to want old arrows.  My wife uses a few for projects she does, but not enough to make much of a dent in the bucket.  There are some good articles this month in TBM about hunting small game, recommending that you use old arrows so you won't mind when they get broken or lost.  Now there's an idea!  Get me off my easy chair, get the dog some exercise, and get rid of some old arrows to boot!  Wish I lived in an area where there were bullfrogs....
Ha! These are all broken. And I wish I lived where there were NO bullfrogs, where it didn't rain almost everyday, where my boots didn't get muddy EVERYTIME I go out of the house. Lol
I want to go back to where the wind blows sand in my eyes when I go out. Lol.

Sent from my LG-M150 using Tapatalk

PBS associate

Online M60gunner

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2019, 03:34:52 PM »
When I split the nock end of the carbons I cut a piece of aluminum shaft and use it as a nock collar. Otherwise I toss them out. I may save an aluminum that’s the size I need for footing my carbons. Woods are pretty much trash here, rocks aren’t friendly here.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©