3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Dang ticks!  (Read 3803 times)

Offline gregg dudley

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Dang ticks!
« Reply #40 on: November 06, 2019, 09:19:54 AM »
The abundance of ticks that we have now is one byproduct of excessive fire suppression.

A buddy of mine called me yesterday to tell me that after a year of fighting symptoms without a firm diagnosis his family doctor finally ordered tests for tick borne disease.  He was positive for THREE tick borne diseases including Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever, Lyme Disease, and something else (not Alpha Gal).  Hopefully with a positive diagnosis, they can make some progress on treatment.
MOLON LABE

Traditional Bowhunters Of Florida
Come shoot with us!

Offline Cyclic-Rivers

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: November 06, 2019, 12:22:10 PM »
I agree with permethrin it flat out works. I hunted a place in ny that every 5-10 steps you'd pick off a dozen or more. After using permethrin, I only had one get through is 4 years hunting and I bvb think he came off the deer I drug out. 

I use sawyers now sold at Walmart
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Offline Wudstix

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Wood arrows & D/R Longbows Rule!!!
« Reply #42 on: November 06, 2019, 01:03:30 PM »
Excessive fire suppression Lack of makes sense for the possible cause of more ticks, back in the day nature took care of that now man tries to control everything to benefit him.  How's that working out for all the tick borne disease victims?   
"If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space!!!" - Me

Psalms 121: 1-3 - King David

60" Big River 67#@28"              
60" MOAB D/R LB 62#@27"
60" Big River D/R LB 65#@27"
62" Kota Badlands LB 72#@28"
62" Howatt TD 62#@28
58” Bear Grizzly 70#@28”
62" Big River D/R LB 60#@30"
66" Moosejaw Razorback LB 60#@28"

"Memento Mori"
PBS - Associate Member
Retired DoD Civ 1985-2019

Online Captain*Kirk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #43 on: November 06, 2019, 01:19:07 PM »
Excessive fire suppression Lack of makes sense for the possible cause of more ticks, back in the day nature took care of that now man tries to control everything to benefit him.  How's that working out for all the tick borne disease victims?
^^^^^^^^^^^Agree!^^^^^^^^^^^^
Controlled burn is one of the most effective, and under-utilized, tools we have available. In the area I hunt (PHL) they do controlled burns every fall and I have not seen one tick yet.
Aim small,miss small

Online McDave

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #44 on: November 06, 2019, 03:27:14 PM »
^^^^^^^^^^^Agree!^^^^^^^^^^^^
Controlled burn is one of the most effective, and under-utilized, tools we have available. In the area I hunt (PHL) they do controlled burns every fall and I have not seen one tick yet.

Then we ought to be doing fine in California, as I don't think there is very much of the state that didn't burn up in the last two or three years.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Technology....the knack of arranging the world so that we don't have to experience it.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©