3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Opinions on rain gear  (Read 509 times)

Offline Toklat1

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Opinions on rain gear
« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2008, 03:28:00 PM »
Helly Hansen Impertech. You can order ir from Mountain View Sports in Anchorage Ak. I don't have the number but information will give it right to you. Its good stuff!
Mark Griffin
USAF Retired
1981-2001

"When a Man comes to the mountains, He comes home." John Muir

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline JC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2008, 03:51:00 PM »
Since I don't actually hunt in the driving rain, but just need raingear to get me through downpours etc., I end up carrying rain gear a lot more than using it. Like Jimmy C, another vote of confidence here for the Cabela's Space Rain packable stuff. Works great and mainly it's very light and compact, which means it's in my pack when I need it. Tippit used mine at last years bear hunt and came back with the testimonial of "I'm buying some of that stuff!".

I'll agree with Gnat too, the arc'Teryx stuff is superbly built....if I hunted frequently in torrential downpours or in an area that had more rain than sun, I'd consider a set of these. I know more than a few serious backcountry expeditioners who wouldn't trade theirs for anything.
"Being there was good enough..." Charlie Lamb reflecting on a hunt
TGMM Brotherhood of the Bow

Offline 6X5

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2008, 04:00:00 PM »
Army poncho. Keeps my arrows, bows dry, and in combination with a pair of Cabelas gortex pants keeps me dry and warm also.
Robert Johns

Offline JimmyC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2008, 09:31:00 PM »
Another thing about the Cabela's "Space Rain Suit" is that it is pretty quiet as far as rain gear goes.  If you were really worried about a little noise with movement, then you can easily wear it under an outer wool or something since it is so thin.  

It also makes a great outer layer for wind or cold conditions.  It's like carrying a very handy extra layer with a lot of versatility.
"Anything worth doing is worth doing badly."--G.K. Chesterton

Offline shootssmallbulls

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2008, 10:45:00 PM »
I like light packable rain gear as I do wear wool. And my personnal favorite would be the sitka downpour pants and jacket.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©