3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: morrison foam core limbs opinion??  (Read 789 times)

Offline ka

• Trad Bowhunter
morrison foam core limbs opinion??
« on: April 10, 2008, 10:27:00 PM »
anyone shooting or tried these?? opinions??

Offline MRD

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: morrison foam core limbs opinion??
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2008, 10:42:00 PM »
I have a set of Morrison ILF recurve limbs with foam cores and black glass.  Best limbs I have shot, as they are noticeably quieter than the the bamboo core limbs, and are very smooth and forgiving (stable), too.  I'm sold on them!   :D  

Mark

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2008, 10:51:00 PM »
I have shot them, Bobs' best wityhout a doubt. Shawn
Shawn

Offline snag

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2008, 11:04:00 PM »
Love them. Just wish he could put wood veneers on them. But they sure shoot good!
Isaiah 49:2...he made me a polished arrow and concealed me in his quiver.

Offline Curveman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2008, 11:08:00 PM »
I passed on a pair of Border foam core limbs because they can't seem to put the wood veneers on them either. I'm sure they shoot better than my XP-30's but who cares? I like the yew!
Compliance Officer MK,LLC
NRA Life Member

Offline k. sisco

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2008, 11:17:00 PM »
I've got a set with carbon,they are very smooth and quiet,and fast!
These are the best limbs I have shot.

Offline Chris Surtees

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2008, 01:03:00 AM »
Great limbs! Right now if I had to pick one bow to shoot for the rest of my life it would be my Shawnee with foam carbon limbs but thank God I do not have to do that   :bigsmyl:   .

If you decide to get a set I am sure you will not be disappointed. Draw smooth, very fast, and no hand shock. Plus IMO they look good to especially with skins!

Offline tippit

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2008, 07:40:00 AM »
They are much smoother and quieter than the bamboo cores.  I love mine even sold my copperhead limbs for the black carbon...Doc
TGMM Family of the Bow
VP of Consumption MK,LLC

Offline Jwilliam

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2008, 08:01:00 AM »
I visited Bob's shop on wednesday to see what all hype was about. The 4 hour drive was well worth it. It was my first experience shooting a Morrison and I wasn't disappointed. I was impressed by the performance of the Shawnee with bamboo limbs. Then Bob had me shoot one with foam cores. I was really impressed. Smooth draw, fast, and whisper quiet. I usually shoot 52# and had no problem shooting a 58# bow. Before I could make it to my truck, I already had a new Shawnee with carbon backed foam core limbs ordered.  :thumbsup:  Now the long wait begins!!!  :pray:  

Bill

Offline Dick in Seattle

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2008, 11:47:00 AM »
What's Bob get for the foam core limbs?    and am I understanding correctly that he won't put wood on them?    I just got an osage and micarta 18" ILF and was hoping I could get osage limbs for it.
Dick in Seattle

"It ain't how well the bow you shoot shoots, it's how well you shoot the bow you shoot."

Offline snag

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2008, 12:44:00 PM »
That's right Dick, no wood veneer. Must be not compatiable for laminating with this material. The foam core limbs, as I recall, are around $500+.

Offline Dick in Seattle

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2008, 01:12:00 PM »
Thanks, Snag...     I have another question...   I kind of prowled the Morrison site last night... I got both of my Morrison ILF risers off the lists, so no paperwork or anything with them.   On Bob's site, I caught a note that his risers are made for Win/Win limbs and that use of other ILF limbs could cause damage.   I know I never gave it a thought and tried several different brands of limbs on my 16", and put the TT limbs on the 18" yesterday.   All seemed to fit and work fine.   Anyone know what this caution is about?  Anyone else using other than Morrison or Win/Win limbs?
Dick in Seattle

"It ain't how well the bow you shoot shoots, it's how well you shoot the bow you shoot."

Offline snag

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2008, 02:17:00 PM »
I'd call and talk with Bob on that one! Maybe it was pertaining to a difference in older models to the current ones...?

Offline Dick in Seattle

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2008, 02:48:00 PM »
I got an invite to call Vermonster and did so... he explained that there are some minor differences in some of the ILF risers, particularly the European ones.  (also on the DAS risers, which have a bushing, but I think most folks know that..)   Anyway, it's mostly a matter of precise fit... and if there is a problem fitting it, don't use it.   I have several limbs from different makers... Kap, Win/Win, Flute (European) and Trad Tech.   All have worked so far.    Vermonster pointed out that on some the mounting angle may be a bit different from others, so the math of calculating what weight you're going to get may be off a bit.    Sounds like a little common sense will handle it.
Dick in Seattle

Offline leatherneck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2008, 03:31:00 PM »
Dick/Snag- I'm not sure what you have been told, but Bob does put wood veneers on the foam core limbs. I have a set of Arapho foam core with Bacote veneers on them coming. FYI.
“I can accept failure, everyone fails at something. But I can’t accept not trying"

Proud shareholder of MK,LLC

Offline tiur

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2008, 03:34:00 PM »
Hello,
do not shoot these limbs , they are addictive.
LOL. Shawnee with carbon limbs - so smooth.
Cheyenne with foam core limbs - to good to be thrue.
In my opinion the Morrison limbs are some of the best.

Offline Jwilliam

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2008, 06:15:00 PM »
My friend just ordered a Shawnee also. Bob is putting Zebrawood on the belly of his foam core limbs,and Copperheads on the back.

Bill

Offline Molson

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2008, 12:07:00 AM »
I shot a Shawnee at the Expo tonight with curve limbs that had foam core and (I believe)Zebrawood back and belly.

The killer though was a 61# foam/carbon Shawnee with F limbs. HOLY SMOKES!!!!  That bow was incredible.  We shot a bunch of different bows and those Morrison's are a cut above.  Absolutely worth the cost of admission.
"The old ways will work in the future, but the new ways have never worked in the past."

Offline Craig

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2008, 02:03:00 PM »
Just want to APOLOGIZE to Bob and anyone else that has anything to do with Morrison Archery. I wasn't told the whole story about Bob's new limbs. I was just told about the ILF limbs. Sorry if I caused a problem. Craig
Schafer Silvertip

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2008, 02:07:00 PM »
Bob makes his limbs. The Trad Tech limbs are the Samick made ones.
TGMM Family of the Bow
For hunting to have a future, we must invest ourselves in future hunters.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©