3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Most quietest string material  (Read 5993 times)

Offline Overspined

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Most quietest string material
« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2019, 08:35:26 AM »
I really like 452x. I liked 450+ but I like 452 x even more.  I use 18 strands and single serve perfect for carbons and wood, might need a wrap of floss but you could cut 1/2 the string and still use it.  Strong and quiet. Doesn’t move and very little fuzzing.

452x is worst thing you can put on your bow!
And all “X” material !

Lol. Why is that?

Bisch

« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2019, 09:39:14 AM »
I really like 452x. I liked 450+ but I like 452 x even more.  I use 18 strands and single serve perfect for carbons and wood, might need a wrap of floss but you could cut 1/2 the string and still use it.  Strong and quiet. Doesn’t move and very little fuzzing.

And all “X” material !

What????

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Offline Overspined

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: November 24, 2019, 10:59:47 AM »

And all “X” material !

What????

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I’ve been using it exclusively for 2 years on new bows I make and my own. I think it’s great, tough as nails. Quiet, I make 2 bundle and add 2 pieces of B50 to each bundle so 4 per end to beef it up and man, no issues. It’s shot in quickly too. I missed and elk 2x this year and if I could shoot 50 yds I’d have had another shot..  I see no reason to worry or change.

I went and read the description of all of their strings, and I can’t find a reason to suggest this material 452x is anything but a stellar performer..
« Last Edit: November 24, 2019, 11:14:05 AM by Overspined »

Offline CovertHunter55

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: November 24, 2019, 01:25:13 PM »
This is suggestion to me from one bowyer (well known)
452X os too tough for trad bow. Special for carbon limbs . So I just shared with you guys. But if like 452x , that’s not my business

Offline Overspined

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: November 24, 2019, 09:33:00 PM »
That may be, I’m not using carbon limbs..

Bisch

« Reply #25 on: November 24, 2019, 10:38:17 PM »
452X os too tough for trad bow. Special for carbon limbs . So I just shared with you guys. But if like 452x , that’s not my business

You said “and all “X” material”.  That would make my BCY-x, or my X-99 string somehow bad for trad bows. I’m calling hogwash on that. Could be something to it for carbon limbs? Idk anything about them, but to make a blanket statement like that just isn’t correct!!!!

Bisch

Offline CovertHunter55

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: November 25, 2019, 07:50:26 AM »

You said “and all “X” material”.  That would make my BCY-x, or my X-99 string somehow bad for trad bows. I’m calling hogwash on that. Could be something to it for carbon limbs? Idk anything about them, but to make a blanket statement like that just isn’t correct!!!!

Bisch

Isn’t correct?

I’m apologize to all who offended by my statement.
I will keep my mouth closed from now .  :banghead:

Offline Jason W

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: November 25, 2019, 12:14:59 PM »
I am liking BCY Mercury. 15 strands, 27 in the loops

Offline SteveB

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: November 26, 2019, 12:13:11 PM »

And all “X” material !

I literally know of 1000's who would disagree. Of course most are not Border owners. But even a few of them would disagree.

Offline Ronnie Newell

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: November 26, 2019, 01:06:55 PM »
Most of the bows I shoot are over 50 yrs old. I've always read to use nothing but B50 on them.
 Even on my newer ones I use 6 strands of 97 and 6 strands of 50 solely for the purpose of noise.
 I tried straight dyna on my newer ones and they sound like a .22.  Doubled the silencers and still too loud. Guess every bow is different...

Sent from my LG-M150 using Tapatalk

PBS associate

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©