3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: NYr's; Who's Ready For Turkey Season?  (Read 856 times)

Offline Bowspirit

• Trad Bowhunter
NYr's; Who's Ready For Turkey Season?
« on: April 10, 2008, 10:43:00 PM »
Just seeing if everyone else is feeling like I am; like a kid at christmas. Shooting daily at targets big and small with my Snuffers. Searching for some black hunting duds for the new blind. Fine tuning my calling with regular practice.

Man, I love this season...  :bigsmyl:
“I read somewhere of how important it is in life, not necessarily to be strong, but to feel strong. To measure yourself at least once.”
                -Alexander Supertramp

"Shoot this for me."
                -Chuck Nelson

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: NYr's; Who's Ready For Turkey Season?
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2008, 10:50:00 PM »
Chris, I am gonna give it an honset go this year. I have a new DB and a new B-mobile decoy plus I know of lots of birds. I have never really been too much into it. I kiled lots with a gun and never thought it was too hard. I have killed quite a few with the bow but mostly fall birds. Today at work I saw at least 6 differnt flocks and at least 200 birds. Shawn
Shawn

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2008, 10:50:00 PM »
Well I'm just north of you in VT and I can't wait. I missed season last year due to health issues and I need to make up for lost time!
TGMM Family of the Bow
For hunting to have a future, we must invest ourselves in future hunters.

Offline JoeM

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2008, 11:02:00 PM »
Started shootin out of the blind in my backyard last week, gettin used to it.  Hopin to get up 2-4th.  Good luck Joe
"...there are no words that can tell the hidden spirit of the wilderness, that can reveal its mystery, its melancholy, and its charm."  Teddy Roosevelt

Online Over&Under

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2008, 11:14:00 PM »
Blind is up, broadheads are tuned, video camera is ready, and Saturday morning cannot come soon enough!!
“Elk (add hogs to the list) are not hard to hit....they're just easy to miss"          :)
TGMM

Online Over&Under

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2008, 11:15:00 PM »
Sorry did not read the thread right, you were asking for new yorkers, please forgive my excitment
“Elk (add hogs to the list) are not hard to hit....they're just easy to miss"          :)
TGMM

Offline TRAP

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2008, 11:42:00 PM »
I'm not a NYer but I've been ready since last May when our season closed  :help:  

Trap
"If you don't like change, you're going to like irrelevance even less" Gen. Eric Shinsheki

"If you laugh, and you think, and you cry, that's a full day, that's a heck of a day." Jim Valvano.

Offline joe skipp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2008, 12:05:00 AM »
Been trout fishing to kill time...I'm getting real antsy. Every other day, I have 3 toms crossing my back yard displaying. My bow is hanging there, quiver full of arrows all tipped with razor sharp 160 gr Snuffers....I'm driving the guys I work with here on nights nuts cause I'm calling during the night....
"Neal...is this heaven?" "No Piute but we are dam close". Top of the Mtn in Medicine Bow Nat Forest.

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2008, 05:24:00 AM »
Oh yeah!  Just hope work permits some time to hunt    :(  

Keep your fingers crossed for me......

Hey Shawn,aren't you having surgery?
Curt } >>--->   

"I love you Daddy".......My son Cade while stump shooting  3/19/06

Offline Stone Knife

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2008, 05:47:00 AM »
I have been shooting my 54" Bob Lee almost daily, I have my partner and Frazier my mounted bearded hen ready to go. Can't wait   :thumbsup:  

Proverbs 12:27
The lazy do not roast any game,
but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.

John 14:6

Offline woodchucker

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2008, 06:52:00 AM »
I've been shooting my old 1967 1/2 Bear Kodiak Magnum (She's all dressed up wearin' her new "Bunny Hunt Bowstring" from Goldenhawk) and I've got my Razorhead tipped cedars (made by my buddy Joe Skipp) in my back quiver ready to go!!!!! My gloves and face mask are in a belt pouch with a couple mouth yelpers.....

I'M READY!!!!!!!!!!   :archer:
I only shoot WOOD arrows... My kid makes them, fast as I can break them!

There is a fine line between Hunting, & Sitting there looking Stupid...

May The Great Spirit Guide Your Arrows..... Happy Hunting!!!

Offline bbassi

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2008, 07:57:00 AM »
No where near ready. Too much going on with work and such. I know I'll be ready by the 1st though.

It's funny - As I get older I don't have the itch like I use to. I love to hunt them but I won't bother scouting or practicing my calls until the week before. I know where the birds will be by 5/1 and turkey calling is like riding a bike I guess. I do hope to have some time to hunt out of the blind with my bow. Last year I only had 2 days that I didn't have someone else with me. (Wife, daughter, friends.)
Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscripti catapultas habebunt.

Offline Aram

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2008, 11:03:00 AM »
Getting there.
Having my daughter Una join on her first hunting season ... you bet I'm ready! (BTW, youth hunt days this year are on 4/21-22! Both Ru and Una qualify.)
   :archer:

Offline ishiwannabe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2008, 11:10:00 AM »
No where near ready. I havent been shooting. I have arrows set up to go. I dont even have my camo out and ready. No idea where all my calls are...
The birds are all over and I hear about ten different gobblers from my house every night.
When I get motivated, it will be run and...um...bow. No blind, maybe a deke, maybe not.
Good luck everyone.
Oh yeah...herring are in for those of you that fish for the big ones.
"I lost arrows and didnt even shoot at a rabbit" Charlie after the Island of Trees.
                         -Jamie

Offline Canyon

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2008, 11:15:00 AM »
I know of a young Soldier (my son Jason) at Fort Drum who is excited as he can be. He's been practicing daily with his Hill Longbow. He has seen several Gobblers with "beards to the ground" near his place and called yesterday to tell me about them. He said he cannot believe how much bigger the birds are compared to those he is used to in AZ.

Sure wish I was joining him.
A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight;nothing he cares about more than his own personal safety;is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free,unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

Offline drewsbow

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2008, 12:28:00 PM »
Aram :  This is direct from the dec site and it looks like the dates will be 4/26- 4/27. Adam, and I will be out after them :0) Drew

Spring youth hunt.

(i) Season. There shall be a spring youth hunt for wild turkey. Eligible participants shall be those persons twelve through fifteen years old holding a turkey permit and junior hunting license, or persons twelve through fifteen years old holding a turkey permit but not required to have a hunting license pursuant to Section 11-0707 of the Environmental Conservation Law. The youth hunt shall be open in all areas of the state in which a spring turkey hunting season is held pursuant to paragraph 2 of this subdivision, and the dates of the youth hunt shall be as follows:

(a) During years in which May 1st is a Thursday, Friday, Saturday or Sunday, the spring youth hunt shall be the last full weekend (Saturday and Sunday) of April.

(b) During years in which May 1st is a Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday, the spring youth hunt shall be the next to last full weekend of April.

(ii) Supervision. Any youth participating in the spring youth hunt for wild turkey shall
Try to be the person your dog thinks you are :0)
TGMM Family of the Bow
N.Y. Bowhunters member
BigJim 3 pc buffalo 48@28
BigJim thunderchild 55@31
BigJim thunderchild 55@32 Jim's bow

Online Bowsey Wails

• Trad Bowhunter
  • Timmy P
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2008, 12:42:00 PM »
Dodging 'em with the car every morning on the way to work; funny how they disappear May 1st. I'm getting ready... broke one arrow and lost one arrow last weekend stumpin'.
Tim
"I use no device to direct my arrow towards its mark, save my eyes and my will." Anthony Camera, aka Viper.
I'm not old school, I'm one room school house.

Offline woodchucker

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2008, 02:10:00 PM »
Una and Adam,

I would just like to say Good Luck to both of you this coming Turkey Season!!!!! It was a pleasure hunting with both of you at the Bunny Hunt,and I have a strong feeling that you two will be the torch carriers of our future. I'm sure that both of your Dads will be able to put you "in the right place,at the right time".....Shoot Straight!!!!!

May The Great Spirit Guide Your Arrows
I only shoot WOOD arrows... My kid makes them, fast as I can break them!

There is a fine line between Hunting, & Sitting there looking Stupid...

May The Great Spirit Guide Your Arrows..... Happy Hunting!!!

Offline Bowspirit

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2008, 02:29:00 PM »
Too true Chuck...too true...
“I read somewhere of how important it is in life, not necessarily to be strong, but to feel strong. To measure yourself at least once.”
                -Alexander Supertramp

"Shoot this for me."
                -Chuck Nelson

Offline Aram

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2008, 07:01:00 PM »
Oooops! I was looking at last years dates. Then Ru corrected me (I guess he's ready too.) You are right, Drew, it's the 4/26-27.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©