3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Decent head lamp recommendation.....  (Read 3277 times)

Offline beachbowhunter

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Decent head lamp recommendation.....
« Reply #40 on: November 25, 2019, 05:41:57 PM »
After reading this thread I picked up a two pack of Coast lights for $28 on Amazon. They included batteries. They have some kind of metal housing and feel a lot more sturdy than any of the others I've had including Black Diamond, Petzl and Princeton. Very bright at almost 400 lumens. The beam focus is cool too...
Ishi was a Californian                   :cool:

Offline Dave Bulla

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Decent head lamp recommendation.....
« Reply #41 on: November 28, 2019, 04:51:21 PM »
From you above, this is probably not what you are looking for but I'll show it anyway.  I'm an A&P mechanic for Delta airlines and I work a ten hour midnight shift.  I need a light that works all night, every night. For me, that's the LED Lenser H14R.2.  it's not cheap and it's rechargeable which are two things you said you didn't want.  But... It has the option of running on three different battery types.  There is the regular rechargeable pack, you can use 4AA's or you can use a third type I can't recall the number of.  The rechargeable pack has NEVER died on me in any ten hour shift.  My normal use is about 2-4 hours a shift but there are nights I use it nearly the entire shift.  It's a bit heavier than many lesser headlamps when the battery pack is mounted to the headband but it's never bothered me.  There is an included cord that lets you put the battery pack on your belt if you prefer.  I use mine HARD.  It gets jet fuel, oil, hydraulic fluid and who knows what all on it though I do try my best to not abuse it. It simply happens.  They used to cost about $180 but have actually come down to about $120 if you shop around a bit.  Here's a link to optics planet if you are interested.

https://shop.opticsplanet.com/led-lenser-h14-headlamp.html?_iv_code=XY-H6-H14HDLP-880036&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=plusbox-beta&gclsrc=aw.ds&&gclid=CjwKCAiA_f3uBRAmEiwAzPuaM7iEgcg7AtXTBG0KwKoLMofe5CXyIDpC21m5d1gOBwzeypSJdK97QBoCBbMQAvD_BwE
Dave

I've come to believe that the keys to shooting well for me are good form, trusting the bow to do all the work, and having the confidence in the bow and myself to remain motionless and relaxed at release until the arrow hits the mark.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©