3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Ground blind seating  (Read 3060 times)

Offline captain caveman

• Trad Bowhunter
Ground blind seating
« on: December 15, 2019, 09:39:23 AM »
Enjoyed the recent pop up blind topic.  My biggest issue with ground blinds is what to sit on inside the blind.  Needs to be portable, quiet, sturdy, adjustable height for terrain, and comfortable enough to discourage unnecessary movement.  What do you guys recommend?  Or should I just continue sitting on my knees and deal with the discomfort.

Thanks (even though I haven’t figured out how to post pics yet any related pics are appreciated)

Offline KAZ

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Ground blind seating
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2019, 10:03:34 AM »
Millenium G100 is what I prefer and it meets your priorities list :campfire:

Online 1/4 away

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2019, 10:23:34 AM »
X2 on the Millenium seat.  :thumbsup:
Do not follow where the path may lead.  Go, instead, where there is no path and leave a trail.

Online stagetek

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2019, 10:37:57 AM »
Millenium. Paddle feet, adjustable legs, swivel seat. All "must haves" on a seat for me.

Bisch

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2019, 10:39:26 AM »
I make my own. I weld up a base out of square tubing and plate metal, and mount a boat seat on top of it. They are by far the best ground blind chairs I have used.

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Online frassettor

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2019, 10:51:57 AM »
I’ve tried several different kinds seats. Nothing beats my Waldrop Pac Seat. Lightweight, comfortable and extremely packable
"Everything's fine,just fine". Dad

Online mjh

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2019, 10:55:12 AM »
Tired the various light weight fold up chairs, the triangular seat chairs, a couple of others as well, the Mellienum G100 is now my go to seat....I don't see any reason to change unless someone comes up with a better chair.......don't know if I'll see that in my life time....

Offline Tim Finley

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2019, 11:30:00 AM »
I went to the second hand store and bought a big padded dinning room chair nothing more comfortable and it swivels, chairs should be able to swivel in a blind for setting up your shots . In another blind I have a Cabelas chair and it works great but either of these cant be packed in the Cabelas one could but it weighs 12 pounds . I have the 3 legged double bull chair that has a lumbar strap that I use to carry in to places its comfortable for a couple of hours but it doesn't swivel . Ive used the slouchie lawn chairs but they kill my back and are hard to shoot from , you don't want anything with arm rests .

Online TIM B

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2019, 11:57:48 AM »
I make my own. I weld up a base out of square tubing and plate metal, and mount a boat seat on top of it. They are by far the best ground blind chairs I have used.

Bisch
Any pics Bisch?
I have a Cabelas chair I use a lot - it swivels but I had to cut wood blocks to help level it....it stays in the blind.  I’ve also used milk crates w a boat cushion on top but they don’t have a back rest.
Tim B

Online JakeD

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2019, 01:08:48 PM »
I've been using the Waldrop pac seat.  Pretty tough to beat in my opinion.  It has made it really enjoyable to hunt on the ground. 
Black Widow PCH V 56" 52@28

Offline RAU

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2019, 01:56:19 PM »
This isn’t for everyone but it works for me. I’m cheap and since the only blind hunting I do is spring turkey hunting with kids I don’t want to spend much on seats. I use 5 gal plastic buckets. 1st i remove the wire handles cause they rattle and they’re loud and no matter what the kids are going to kick them and make more noise. Then I cut in slots nearthe top and sew in a shoulder strap with scrap webbing for carrying and voila!! you’ve got a basically free, shoulder strapped, bucket to carry odds n ends and a seat all in 1. I’ve got a few in dark green color too that sorta blend in in the woods. If the color bothers you a can or2 of dollar store spray paint would make them disappear. I keep a circle of foam in the bottom that I put on top of bucket when I flip over for a cushion.  Works good

Bisch

« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2019, 04:28:55 PM »
Any pics Bisch?
I have a Cabelas chair I use a lot - it swivels but I had to cut wood blocks to help level it....it stays in the blind.  I’ve also used milk crates w a boat cushion on top but they don’t have a back rest.
Tim B

I’ll see if I can get a couple pics. My chairs are heavy, but my blinds are pretty much permanent sets. I have carried them in on some hunts too, but it’s not fun.

Bisch

Offline madmaxthc

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2019, 07:04:41 PM »
This isn’t for everyone but it works for me. I’m cheap and since the only blind hunting I do is spring turkey hunting with kids I don’t want to spend much on seats. I use 5 gal plastic buckets. 1st i remove the wire handles cause they rattle and they’re loud and no matter what the kids are going to kick them and make more noise. Then I cut in slots nearthe top and sew in a shoulder strap with scrap webbing for carrying and voila!! you’ve got a basically free, shoulder strapped, bucket to carry odds n ends and a seat all in 1. I’ve got a few in dark green color too that sorta blend in in the woods. If the color bothers you a can or2 of dollar store spray paint would make them disappear. I keep a circle of foam in the bottom that I put on top of bucket when I flip over for a cushion.  Works good

Sir,
You win the internet today.   :clapper:

I'm gonna try your solution next year

Life is short, play hard

Offline HOOSIERGRIZZ

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2019, 07:15:39 PM »
I'm a pretty big dude.  I don't blind hunt at all, but I do make ground sets quite a bit.  I've been using a Redneck blind chair.  Not light by any means, but pretty comfy and strong enough to hold a sasquatch like me.

Offline captain caveman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2019, 07:39:45 PM »
I knew this was the place to ask.  I will probably start with the 5 gallon bucket route and if not satisfied upgrade to the millennium seat.

thanks for the replies

Offline 1whitetail1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2019, 08:31:36 PM »
I have the Millenium 100. By far the best chair  I have used. If it ever make a noise a little lube will make it silent again.
1whitetail1

Offline Friend

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2019, 10:00:47 PM »
Have the Millenium....personally much prefer the Waldron
>>----> Friend <----<<

My Lands… Are Where My Dead Lie Buried.......Crazy Horse

Online dnovo

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2019, 10:07:55 PM »
I think I have tried all but the Waldron chair. I love the Millenium chair. A couple years ago I had it in Colorado and every guy that used it said they were going to get one.
PBS regular
UBM life member
Compton

Online Keefer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2019, 04:50:37 AM »
   After about 10 years I am still enjoying my Huntmore 360 and was worth every penny.
Only chair I have seen is the Chama chair that is almost like it. I tried the spinning bucket seat,a 3 legged spinning stool,small fold out chair but nothing soothed my bottom as my Huntmore 360 does.
   Some folks complained about the price but many spent that on stands and this is my stand so to speak.
  Too bad Scott doesn't make them anymore cause mine is built like a tank and he even gave me some quick release clips to fasten the seat quickly.
  After having it about 10 years it is still going strong for me.

Offline Sam McMichael

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: December 16, 2019, 08:44:51 AM »
I am old and cheap, so I don't put a lot of money into seating for a ground blind, because I do more hunting off ladder stands than on the ground. My favorite seat is a simple bag chair from yesteryear. It is the original design that consists solely of a seat and a back with no arm rests at all. It is light and easy to use. I wish this style was still made, because it is inexpensive and easy to carry. The only problem is that it is a bit ragged and nobody makes them any more.
Sam

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©