3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Who would you like to have the opportunity to hunt with  (Read 4427 times)

Offline BigJim

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Who would you like to have the opportunity to hunt with
« Reply #40 on: December 18, 2019, 08:32:37 PM »
Whoever I hunt with on the next hunt.. That's the one.

I miss my father but we never hunted together much. He was too busy when I was growing up but always saw to it that my oldest brother took me along. When he retired, he had long since lost his desire to hunt. I doubt he ever drew a bow in his life.

My brother is fun to hunt with for 3 or 4 days, but then one of us becomes too much of an arse to get along with. I suffer through it because he is my big brother. He suffers through it because he thinks I need the guidance :) (not hunting guidance, but life guidance!)

There are too many people to list. Fred Eichler comes to mind though. I've had the good fortune to spend some time chatting with him on several occasions and even put a beaver tail grip on one of his Hoyt's. Super nice guy and always seems to remember be somehow.

BigJim
http://www.bigjimsbowcompany.com/      
I just try to live my life in a way that would have made my father proud.

Offline beachbowhunter

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: December 19, 2019, 06:24:22 PM »
Charlie Lamb, Terry Green and the rest of the Bowhunters of trad gang
x2
Ishi was a Californian                   :cool:

Offline SlowBowKing

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #42 on: December 20, 2019, 05:55:27 AM »
The caveman with Raquel Welch in 10,000 bc movie

Bc, while you and the caveman go hunting, I’ll stay in camp with Raquel and keep her company! :campfire:
-King

Compton Traditional Bowhunters
PBS Associate Member

Online achigan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #43 on: December 20, 2019, 07:40:20 AM »
Pathfinder from “Last of the Mohicans”
...because bow hunting always involves the same essentials. One hunter. One arrow. One animal. -Don Thomas

Offline Bob D

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #44 on: December 20, 2019, 09:18:07 AM »
Lance Goodwin. Haines Junction, YT

Offline snag

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #45 on: December 20, 2019, 09:44:31 AM »
My Dad. He’s been gone for 12 years now.
Isaiah 49:2...he made me a polished arrow and concealed me in his quiver.

Offline The-Crow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #46 on: December 20, 2019, 07:07:16 PM »
It’s a bit strange I guess, most of my life I hunted alone, I’ve spent a lot of time alone in the woods and outdoors.
I have hunted with different groups and different friends over the years. I just really found I enjoy my lone adventures.
I have always been open minded though, opportunity knocked and I had an awesome time 2 seasons ago with a couple of guys from work. They all bow hunt and asked me to go with them to Ohio. I had a great time it was a real adventure for me! 20 hours of driving and we were on a public land hunt for 10 days. It was soooo hot we mostly hunted in shorts lol the deer activity was zero.
Billy the driving force of the hunt filled a tag on the last day, the rest of us went home empty handed.
It didn’t matter to me I truly enjoyed the company, the food, the laughs and butchering that deer in record time to drive home that afternoon.
I truly hope to go on another adventure with these fine outdoorsmen
Billy, Danny and Scott.

Offline Kevin Dill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #47 on: December 21, 2019, 10:15:58 AM »
I don't ever think of this in terms of hunting with anyone notable or iconic...and I've been around more than a few of those guys in my life. I'd much rather share a hunt with someone I know and enjoy spending time with. The 4 qualities I enjoy the most are 1) humor, 2) intensity, 3) humility and 4) lack of ego. In a world full of "look at what I do" people, it's refreshing to find the guy who hunts for the pure pleasure of the experience, and it ends there.

I'll never get to hunt with my dad again. I do plan to share a campfire with him someday.

Offline Hatchet

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #48 on: December 21, 2019, 10:59:10 AM »
Fred Bear, it would be an honor. My Dad was not a hunter .
We go back a long way.
The American Sportsman,Curt Gowdy. Come to think of it Curt could go to and narrate.

Offline Babbling Bob

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #49 on: December 23, 2019, 08:54:32 AM »
Larry Ball from OKC who I introduced to archery in 1964 and my brother-in-law, Curtis Austin.

Larry, who enjoyed a rack of HH and Jerry Hill bows, became Pres. of the Oklahoma Longbowmen at one time before he had to quit shooting due to arthritis.  A real people magnet. The son of a professional caddy, he grew up poor and we made friends when I worked in a golf shop.  We started deer hunting together in 1964 camping in a pup tent, driving up lod rocky log roads in my '57 Ford,  and eating greens and beans.  When we went to town to get something good to eat, I found a piece of german choclate cake that saved me from those old beans and turnip greens.  Since that day the cake helped me through those poorly cooked camp vitals, german chocolate cake has become a favorite.  Years later Larry would come up with  deer camps full of rough old cowboys characters, and wow, were those fun.  Larry passed, but I've never known someone with a better appreciation of life. 

Curtis, my brother-in-law, who joined us in those deer camps lived with my wife and I when he was a teenager.  He coon hunted with hounds and mules then with one of his uncles, so knew his way around the woods, so he was a natural for bow hunting.   On one of our first hunting trips when he was young, we argued about which way to the car.  Thought, what does this young greenhorne know, but his directions were right on. After that, my wife always ask Curtis to make sure I got home.  He sure knew his way around  from all that coon hunting. Curtis went on to managed a duck camp in SE Texas in his younger years and  later, passed when working as a foreman, traveling, and cleaning those oil refineries.  Curtis was plum crazy and loved to embarrass his sister and grand-ones, so he was a double character and well loved.  One of his sons went on to be a good sportsman nd was once on Forged With Fire. 

Offline George Tsoukalas

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #50 on: December 23, 2019, 09:51:42 AM »
I loved hunting and shooting with my brother of blessed memory who died September 2012. Jawge

Offline 9 Shocks

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #51 on: December 23, 2019, 10:26:38 AM »
Another one would be my dad.  He will turn 60 next year.  I got him into hunting more so than him getting me into hunting.  Although he did get me into fishing!  He got his first deer with a bow this year and I was hunting 100 yards from him.  It was very memorable and super fun to share that experience.  He was always intrigued with bowhunting cuz I've been doing it the last 13 years and I was glad to see him shoot one with a bow.
60” Bear Mag Takedown 47@28
58” Schafer Silvertip recurve 47@27
58" Primaltech Longbow 48@28

Offline jsweka

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #52 on: December 24, 2019, 10:42:07 AM »
These guys - Bow Doc and Gary Hall.

>>>---->TGMM<----<<<<

Offline Jon Stewart

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #53 on: December 24, 2019, 01:13:29 PM »
My wife Chris who went to heaven 9 months ago today.

Online bluemelonchitlin

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #54 on: December 28, 2019, 07:40:09 PM »
Fred
Ben
Howard
Bob Swinehart
A group of Fred's buddies at Grousehaven
A group of Fred's buddies at the Little Delta region
My dad who died 9/29/88
Monty Browning
Revelation 3:20

Offline mangonboat

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #55 on: December 29, 2019, 11:09:58 AM »
My hunting crew for over 55 years has been my Dad and three brothers, adding nephews, nieces, friends along the way. I was blessed to hunt this fall with my Dad, 85,  and older brother; it was our first fall without my youngest brother, Joel, who died this spring. He was a good bowhunter, never hesitated about putting arrows in the air and completely comfortable hauling a huge thermos of coffee on every hunt, usually accompanied by a cigar or cigarette...I swear they attracted deer. I thought of him often while I was in the woods this fall, so I guess I did get to hunt with him.
mangonboat

I've adopted too many bows that needed a good home.

Offline Lady Frost

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #56 on: December 29, 2019, 01:18:21 PM »
TJ Conrads
Clay Hayes
Ishi

I would like to hunt with my friend Michelle Cook again, she is an awesome hog killer.  Still waiting on an all female hunt...
My cup runneth over

Traditional Bowhunters of GA
North GA Traditional Archery Club
South GA Traditional Archery and Primitive Skills Club

Online kennym

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #57 on: December 29, 2019, 02:47:54 PM »
My oldest son Ken Jr, he’s been gone 11 years now...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Stay sharp, Kenny.

https://www.kennysarchery.com/

Offline longrifle

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #58 on: December 29, 2019, 09:23:12 PM »
For Moose-Monty Browning
Grizzlys-Fred Bear
Whitetails- The Wensels
Elk- Larry D Jones
Mule deer-South Cox
Any or all sheep- Marv Clynke
Cape Buffalo-Paul Schafer
Blacktails-Glenn St Charles
The human body is the only machine the harder you work it, the stronger it gets.
"Aim small- Hit small" ( I never think negative)

Offline george gray

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #59 on: December 30, 2019, 07:04:58 AM »
 Yea I'd say RC from Georgia. Also Chris that hunts with him at horse creek . I wish I could go to Ron Laclaires camp . I would like to have hunted with Fred.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©