3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: To log or not to log  (Read 1595 times)

Online STICKBENDER98

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: To log or not to log
« Reply #20 on: January 01, 2020, 04:35:59 PM »
I haven't kept a log, but I have a cork board with pictures of my Grandpa, Dad Uncle, Brother, Cousin, friends, myself before and after I was old enough to hunt.  It is always good to look at and reminisce, Grandpa, and Dad are hunting together again, my brother and I still go somewhere and hunt together every year, the family grew up and apart, miss getting together and rehearing all the old stories...even though I know most of them by heart.  I guess if I had to do over again I would have written down everything I could have just so my kids, and someday grandkids would have something to look back on and read along with all the pictures I have.

Jason
Too many bows to list, and so many more I want to try!  Keep the wind in your face, and your broadheads sharp.

Offline bunyan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: January 01, 2020, 09:30:43 PM »
I try to log my hunts. I have done so off and on over the years. Some years I’ve done so better than others. Same for fishing and other outdoor adventures. Wish I had done so from the time I was young and that I had kept up on it more. I try to at least record successful or memorable hunts. Sometimes the memory needs a push or hunts blend together when trying to recall details!

Online MnFn

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: January 01, 2020, 11:34:04 PM »
I have been keeping a journal for quite a few years now. 

My father started taking me bow hunting when I was probably ten years old or so.  He has passed on now, but he was the one who got me got me started bowhunting. My parents bought me a Shakespeare “Wonderbow” when I was 13.

Anyway, somewhere on my journey I realized I had a lot of great experiences with my dad that my other siblings never got to experience.  So, when something triggers my memory about one of those hunts, I also write those down as best as I can remember.

My brother and sisters don’t know about that, but someday I’ll share it with them.
My son knows about it and once asked me, “where do you keep that?”  I think he silently called “dibs” on it that day. I feel pretty good about that.
"By the looks of his footprint he must be a big fella"  Marge Gunderson (Fargo)

"Ain't no rock going to take my place". Luke 19:40

Bisch

« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2020, 12:01:17 AM »
The only time I have kept any kind of log was on my trips to Africa. You sit in a hide (blind) for long periods, and writing down everything I saw gave me something to do when there was no critters to shoot around.

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Online MnFn

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2020, 09:53:20 AM »
Africa must have been so cool to experience. I’ll never see it;  Manitoba is very satisfying tho.

Ron, lots of times I don’t necessarily have a great “hunting” experience.  In fact I rarely shoot something- I am very picky. But some  of the stuff is priceless anyway.

Like the last time out hunting in November.  I threw my bow across the creek that I had to cross. Oops, didn’t make it. So I climbed down the 5ft bank and retrieved it but not before I got a boot full of water. In North Dakota, in late November... coooold.  Hunted as late as I could, but had to cross the same crick. Missed my spot- now two boots full of water. Stuff like that.

Or crossing paths with a fisher, coyotes.  I don’t have that great of a memory anymore. And I want to remember all the stuff, good or bad.
"By the looks of his footprint he must be a big fella"  Marge Gunderson (Fargo)

"Ain't no rock going to take my place". Luke 19:40

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©