3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Black Eagle FOCOS outserts?  (Read 840 times)

Offline Iowabowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
Black Eagle FOCOS outserts?
« on: January 01, 2020, 08:43:51 PM »
Wondering if anyone has used these outserts on the Deep Impact or Instinct shafts from Black Eagle?
Associate PBS member NRA member DU and Pheasants Forever

Offline Huntrdfk

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Black Eagle FOCOS outserts?
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2020, 09:49:24 AM »
I use them Jacob. I shoot the Instincts, and have used both the provided stainless outserts and the FOCOS. I glued both the insert portion and the outsert portion into and on the shaft using the FOCOS on 6 arrows. I like them, and haven't lost an outsert in a target using them that way. I am going to try them just gluing the insert component next time to see how that works.
I have lost a couple of stainless inserts in targets, which is why I initially glued both components of the FOCOS.

David
TGMM Family of The Bow
PBS Regular Member
Comptons

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Offline pdk25

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2020, 07:20:21 PM »
I use instincts as well.  The regular outserts are a terrible design with respect to arrow strength and for not losing the tips in a target.  I use the ethics archery system, which is a similar idea.  This should work.

Offline Iowabowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2020, 10:05:56 AM »
I use instincts as well.  The regular outserts are a terrible design with respect to arrow strength and for not losing the tips in a target.  I use the ethics archery system, which is a similar idea.  This should work.

I guess I'm not aware of the Ethics Archery system, I'll have to give that a look as well as the one from Black Eagle.
Associate PBS member NRA member DU and Pheasants Forever

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©