3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Schafer Longbow performance?  (Read 201 times)

Offline Matabele

• Trad Bowhunter
Schafer Longbow performance?
« on: April 13, 2008, 09:45:00 AM »
Hi all,

Im really interested in the 3pc T/D Silvertip longboe Schafer have brought out. Can any owners comment on the speed of these bows..say compared to a Morrison foam core or ACS?

Do they offer a carbon backing option?

Thanks in advance!

Offline Lost

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Schafer Longbow performance?
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2008, 02:10:00 PM »
I don't own one but I did shoot one a buddy recieved 2 weeks ago. They're nice ... quick, quiet and stable. The handle is very much like their recurve but maybe 75% of the size, still has the Schafer feel though. The bow points well and has zero handshock. Don't know on the carbon backing and I haven't shot Bob's new foam core stuff. I would {guess} the speed to be a little behind the pre-foam Shawnee Dakotas.
But the bow's best qualities to me were the wonderful grip, points with ease and has enough mass in the riser to be very stable yet not combersome. Very nice shooting 3 pc l/b >>>--->
jack-er back and let-er fly

Offline Matabele

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2008, 04:33:00 PM »
Thanks for your opinion Lost, its appreciated!

Must say that it looks like a really fine bow, although the 10 month wait would be a killer!

Offline LEOPARD

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2008, 04:43:00 PM »
Mark,

I haven't shot the Silvertip 3 piece longbow, but I have shot the older 2 piece longbow which I really enjoyed. It shot very smooth and pretty fast! Dave makes very good bows. I've got 2 of them. My Windauer longbow is really fast and smooth!  ;)   :thumbsup:
Nigel Ivy

"The more I practice, the luckier I get...."

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2008, 07:44:00 PM »
Schafers are not really built for speed, I never shot their LB but their recurves are just average in speed. That said, you will be hard pressed to find a better shooter and they make the quietest recurve bar none, quiet is what kills not speed. Shawn
Shawn

Offline Matabele

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2008, 08:27:00 AM »
Thanks for the feedback gents!

Offline varmint

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2008, 08:33:00 AM »
I have a 2pc Silvertip that I absolutely love,and I'm waiting on my 3pc.I have about 6 more months before the 3pc will arrive so I can't comment on it yet,but you can be sure I will after I get it and get to put some arrows thru it.The 2pc is light,smooth,and quiet as can be.
Bowhunting......A way of life and death.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©