3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: The Magic Bow  (Read 1287 times)

Offline swampbuck

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: The Magic Bow
« Reply #40 on: April 14, 2008, 11:16:00 AM »
Well killie as you know your not the only one that was PMing Larry about that bow.He did tell me straight out that you spoke first glad it worked out for you.

So whats the odds I get first dibb's on the centaur Larry's got coming and that I'll get my hands on it before you get your 2nd one LOL
Shoot straight and have FUN!!

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: April 14, 2008, 01:19:00 PM »
Very nice indeed Killie.
TGMM Family of the Bow
For hunting to have a future, we must invest ourselves in future hunters.

Offline AZStickman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #42 on: April 14, 2008, 02:13:00 PM »
Great Read Killy...... I had forgotten how well you write....

George.... A strat??.... I knew I liked you.... If you're ever out in AZ stop by and you'll have a drummer to back you up..... I love my classic rock and blues......  Terry
"The reward of a thing well done is to have done it.".. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Offline 4runr

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #43 on: April 18, 2009, 07:33:00 AM »
This has been a great read. I just never tire of Killie's waxing.  :bigsmyl:
Kenny

Christ died to save me, this I read
and in my heart I find a need
of Him to be my Savior
          By Aaron Shuste

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline larry

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #44 on: April 18, 2009, 08:10:00 AM »
this story is not over yet...

will Jim's newest creation for Killy be as magical in her hands?   :readit:  

will the magic bow find it's way back to NY?   :banghead:  

oh the suspense is killing me !!   :eek:      :eek:

Offline Shaun

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #45 on: April 18, 2009, 09:15:00 AM »
You sure can play that fiddle!

Offline leatherneck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #46 on: April 18, 2009, 11:04:00 PM »
Kathy, You really scared me there for a moment. I thought the Morrison was gone forever!   :scared:  
So I must ask, what is to become of the discarded Morrison riser? You have thrown it to the wolves for the devil. (Momma always said those Centaurs were the devil)I see the tears slowly trickling down the riser onto the ground. The relationship could never be the same. The bond has been broken. It will never shoot straight again(for you anyways). No self respecting Morrison will ever sit on a peg second to anyone! So I must declare that since you have taken the magic out of the Morrison for the intruder from NY, it could never be yours again. The mojo is gone! You must ship your Morrison back to Ohio whence it came and we will try to restore it's "magic" And only then, when the magic is restored, will we think of returning it to defeat the devil at his own game. I will await the arrival of your dear,departed friend. Regards.

A true Morrison magic man
Mike
“I can accept failure, everyone fails at something. But I can’t accept not trying"

Proud shareholder of MK,LLC

Online Guss

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #47 on: April 18, 2009, 11:59:00 PM »
Long live the Centaur!!! Sorry Mike!!

Offline leatherneck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #48 on: April 19, 2009, 12:09:00 AM »
No need to be sorry Guss, I shoot a Morrison!  :biglaugh:  

On the real, Centaurs are an excellent bow. Just a little funning on Killie. Not to mention I've been trying to get that riser for a while now and saw the very small window of opportunity. NOT! She will never part with that riser.
“I can accept failure, everyone fails at something. But I can’t accept not trying"

Offline Killdeer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #49 on: April 19, 2009, 05:32:00 AM »
"That Riser."
"I have never had indiscreet disrelationships with That Riser, Morrison Cheyenne, nor have I ever had indiscreet disrelationships, with any Riser, while I have been serving in my posts here that the Administrators have not pulled."

That Riser, he calls her. There she sat on the Stock Bows page like a sad-eyed puppy, a queen in a slave market, a thoroughbred amongst the draft horses. I took her in, fed and loved her, bought her the finest limbs. Once paired, she sang, warbling merrily through the woods and mountains, secure in her place in the world.

Discarded? Like some used trollop on the side of the road? Sent luggageless out of state to Lord knows what fate? What rough hands? What questionable purposes?

Nay, sirrah, I say thee nay! I can no more squeeze the magic from the heart of a bow than I can squeeze money from a stone, or pity from a government agency. Nor would I have the callousness of conscience, nor the thorny heart to try.

She is going to the woods today, also. Along with a certain BBO, and a Fox Maverick. And the bow that let magic flow up my arm like silken sleeve, to infuse my heart with joy, and to show me what famed marksmen of old saw when they loosed their lightning'd bolts from risers long turned to dust. For it is the honest truth that a bow's magic can never be drained, nor can one remove magic from a bow through force or deceit. The magic is part and parcel the bow, which, in finding a kindred spirit, allows the magic to bubble forth as clear cold water burbles from out a joyful and exuberant spring.

Indeed, that mighty foursome and I will be laughing in the trees, leaving ill-conceived ideas of lost innocence and schemes of acquisition far behind us in the haze of a dimming computer screensaver.

Killdeer    :biglaugh:
Long, long afterward, in an oak I found the arrow, still unbroke;
And the song, from beginning to end, I found again in the heart of a friend.

~Longfellow

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline larry

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #50 on: April 19, 2009, 07:35:00 AM »
hmmm...switch to decaf in the morning  :biglaugh:

Offline Rob DiStefano

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Contributing Member
    • Cavalier Pickups
« Reply #51 on: April 19, 2009, 09:31:00 AM »
a saga such as this is well worth all the behind-the-scenes efforts at this here trad gang cyber camp.  

congrats to both killie and larry ... i think?

anxiously awaiting the next chapter in this soap-box tale.

(side note: oh well i know that down-deep good feeling - thank goodness my magic bow finally materialized last year)
IAM ~ The only government I trust is my .45-70 ... and my 1911.

Offline LeeNY

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #52 on: April 19, 2009, 10:44:00 AM »
Larry picked up that Centaur bow and it made an evil hiss.

Offline JAG

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #53 on: April 19, 2009, 11:38:00 AM »
Killdeer, May the Magic of the Arc of Your Arrow be always a joy to Your Heart!  Me thinks no matter what Bow lays lovingly in Your palm, It will forever be Magic!
May the Greart Spirit guide your journey, and His Warmth cloak you Forever!
Johnny/JAG
my magic bow lays waiting for a sojourn to the River, but must lay asleep until that time.
IBEP - Chairman Alabama
"May The Good Lord Keep Your Bow Arm Strong and Your Heart and Arrows True!"
TGMM Family of the Bow
PBS Regular Member
Compton Member

Offline adkmountainken

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #54 on: April 19, 2009, 12:06:00 PM »
its threads and wriitngs like this that just hammers home what it is all about, beauty, magic, a love of the great outdoors and frienship, err sort of between Killy and Larry i think!
I go by many names but Daddy is my favorite!
listen to everyone,FOLLOW NO ONE!!
if your lucky enough to spend time in the mountains...then your lucky enough!
What ever befalls the Earth befalls the sons of the Earth.

Offline larry

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #55 on: April 19, 2009, 01:17:00 PM »
:campfire:    :archer:

Offline Dano

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #56 on: April 19, 2009, 02:46:00 PM »
As the busy bowyer toils away in his tiny shop, bows backlogged for years, knee deep in honey-dos, he giggles to himself and says "Another Magic Bow"

muahahhahhah!!!!!   :biglaugh:
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy" Red Green

Offline leatherneck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #57 on: April 19, 2009, 07:23:00 PM »
I must say here publicly, as the mistress of the trees has spoken. I bow down to the godess as killdeer has once again put me in my place.   :notworthy:  The great "riser" we speak of will not have to sit second chair but merely make room for another at it's side. May they become as one like no other and shoot like twins. Names mean nothing except to classify one. Only the magic can sing like the songbird on the mistresses trees. Goodbye is not the words we utter but say "welcome" to the new comer. Great godess cast out the devil in the newcomer and bring out it's magic you once knew on that snowy day in NY.

One day I can only wish to have found the "magic" bow and enjoy the journey that it will take to find it.

I will say goodbye to "the riser" and wish it many happy trips to the trees with it's new found friend, Mr. Centaur.

Cheers!

Mike       :goldtooth:    

I must say this has been fun. I must go for now for I have received the great tag from the postal gods. "You have a package" from Bob Morrison. Tomorrow my new Morrison will meet it's new owner and I too can only hope it's "My magic bow".

BTW- If I go to the post office tomorrow and my new Morrison is gone, I have to take a road trip to Fibber McGees Closet, Va.    :D

Offline Killdeer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #58 on: April 19, 2009, 08:06:00 PM »
As Brent Rudolph is wont to say, "I have no idea what he just said, but he sure writes purty."

I gotta go shop for boots...chest waders, I think oughta do it. Hope you have your camera charged and an empty memory card in it. You will love your new bow, ya lucky skunk!

Killdeer
Long, long afterward, in an oak I found the arrow, still unbroke;
And the song, from beginning to end, I found again in the heart of a friend.

~Longfellow

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline PAPA BEAR

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #59 on: April 20, 2009, 09:48:00 PM »
this is better than huck finn i tell ya.
IT'S NEVER WRONG TO DO WHATS RIGHT AND NEVER RIGHT TO DO WHATS WRONG.....LOU HOLTZ

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©