3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Made two calls.  (Read 1724 times)

Offline Petrichor

• Trad Bowhunter
Made two calls.
« on: January 30, 2020, 08:11:35 PM »
Called scott from timber hawk bows and dan from toelke today. Two great guys both really helpful not sure how I'll go. Always dreamed about toelke but am torn between 60" chinook and 60" talon. Cant go wrong but opinions are welcome. Both were great to talk to and most helpful. I would have never thought about timberhalks until I shot one recently and loved it. Any thoughts?
« Last Edit: January 30, 2020, 09:59:19 PM by Petrichor »
Nothing clears a troubled mind like shooting a bow.
Fred Bear

Offline Petrichor

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Made two calls.
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2020, 09:08:46 AM »
Anyone own one or both of these bows have opinions on them?
Fred Bear

Offline Wudstix

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Wood arrows & D/R Longbows Rule!!!
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2020, 09:26:59 PM »
Wish I'd have known about Timberhawk when I lived in the area.
 :archer2:
"If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space!!!" - Me

Psalms 121: 1-3 - King David

60" Big River 67#@28"              
60" MOAB D/R LB 62#@27"
60" Big River D/R LB 65#@27"
62" Kota Badlands LB 72#@28"
62" Howatt TD 62#@28
58” Bear Grizzly 70#@28”
62" Big River D/R LB 60#@30"
66" Moosejaw Razorback LB 60#@28"

"Memento Mori"
PBS - Associate Member
Retired DoD Civ 1985-2019

Offline Petrichor

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2020, 09:28:06 PM »
Wish I'd have known about Timberhawk when I lived in the area.
 :archer2:

Thanks for reply seems like this thread is short on opinions.
Fred Bear

Offline Stuart

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2020, 09:54:17 PM »
I just received my Toelke Whistler and LOVE it.  I seriously wake up and stare at this bow.  I can confidently recommend anyone and everyone to Dan and Jared.  Good luck. 

Offline matt steed

• Trad Bowhunter
  • For God So Loved The World
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2020, 11:26:40 PM »
I looked at a Timberhawk a few months ago, man it was nice. It had one of the best feeling grips that I have ever felt. The Timberhawk would be a awesome bow. I have heard nothing but praise about Scott and Timberhawk bows.
Compton Traditional Bowhunters
Professional Bowhunters Society

Offline Broken Arrows

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2020, 08:46:48 AM »
I have never shot a Timberhawk bow. I did purchase a 2 piece Toelke Whistler and love this bow. If you ever have a chance to try one out I feel you will not be disappointed.
Take the long way around.
Dwyer Endeavor 58" 64@29"
Super Shrew 58" 60@28"
Thunder Child 58" 60@28"
Toelke Pika 56" 60@29"

Offline Trumpkin the Dwarf

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2020, 08:53:49 AM »
I couldn't respond yesterday while at work, so you're getting my response this morning instead.

I can't speak to Timberhawk bows, never having shot one.

But Toelke bows... I will always have at least one, possibly two Toelke's on the bow rack. Any other bows will have to earn their way in, but Toelke's have a permanent spot as my favorites. They're dead quiet, with no handshock. They like heavy arrows, are gorgeous, and easy to shoot consistently, which leads to accuracy!
Malachi C.

Black Widow PMA 64" 43@32"

Offline Jim Wright

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2020, 09:15:03 AM »
I've never had my hands on a Timberhawk bow but I have owned quite a few Toelkes and still have 3 Super Ds which is all I shoot anymore. I had Dan make me a 60" Chinook when he introduced them years ago. Mine was dead stable with no hand shock, beautifully made of beautiful woods, very fast and exceptionally so with heavy 12 to 1 arrows and like all Toelke bows extremely quiet. And you don't have to find after market strings or silencers other than the supplied cat whiskers for it to be quiet. It was a Toelke.

Offline Petrichor

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2020, 09:45:16 AM »
Thanks yall appreciate the opinions keep em coming.
Fred Bear

Offline varmint101

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2020, 09:59:55 AM »
Haven’t shot a Toelke, but I have several Timberhawk Talons and a Falcon. All were great bows with a great fit and finish and Scott is great!
Bless The Lord, O My Soul!

Member:
Indiana Bowhunter Association
Compton Traditional Bowhunters
Professional Bowhunters Society

Offline bucknut

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2020, 12:09:07 PM »
I’m in the Toelke camp.  I’ve owned several over the years.  They are a specimen to look at!  Craftsmanship at the highest level. I love the bow bolt TD system and Dan is at the top of the heap in that field.  I’ve shot the Timberhawks and It is a nice bow, but if it were me I’d buy another Toelke.
Whom virtue unites death cannot separate.

Offline Hackbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2020, 03:07:31 PM »
One of my sons had a Timberhawk but outgrew it. I shot a Hummingbird Kingfisher for 10 yrs and think that Timberhawk is as fine a recurve as can be had. I have shot Toelke longbows and they are among the best I've ever laid my hands on. In the end, you know what I shoot and I prefer it over any other bow I've had or tried by a longshot.

Since you've shot my bow and are looking at different brands/styles, it stands to reason that my thoughts and preferences would not be helpful to you. I only say this to caution you against putting any weight on other's opinions (other than overall quality or customer service) about any bow/bowyer.

My advice is to shoot whatever bow(s) you're thinking of buying. Then buy the one that you like the most. You cannot go wrong with the quality or service from either Scott or Dan.

Offline Petrichor

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2020, 03:09:09 PM »
One of my sons had a Timberhawk but outgrew it. I shot a Hummingbird Kingfisher for 10 yrs and think that Timberhawk is as fine a recurve as can be had. I have shot Toelke longbows and they are among the best I've ever laid my hands on. In the end, you know what I shoot and I prefer it over any other bow I've had or tried by a longshot.

Since you've shot my bow and are looking at different brands/styles, it stands to reason that my thoughts and preferences would not be helpful to you. I only say this to caution you against putting any weight on other's opinions (other than overall quality or customer service) about any bow/bowyer.

My advice is to shoot whatever bow(s) you're thinking of buying. Then buy the one that you like the most. You cannot go wrong with the quality or service from either Scott or Dan.

Well now that you mention it i did get to shoot Kenny's timberhawk and it is one fine bow. I have yet to shoot a toelke recurve. Which is why I'm leaning towards the timberhawk.

I definitely enjoyed the primaltechs I shot as well. They are definitely worth considering as well.
Fred Bear

Offline Trumpkin the Dwarf

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2020, 05:09:31 PM »
Dan has a demo program for the Chinook I believe. For the price of shipping you could know if you want his bow or the Timberhawk. But... if you love how a bow shoots, you should probably buy it, regardless of brand. Tell your wife we said so. :biglaugh:
Malachi C.

Black Widow PMA 64" 43@32"

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©