3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Changing Broadheads?  (Read 494 times)

Offline JC

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Changing Broadheads?
« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2008, 12:30:00 PM »
Me and Rob will have much of the same heads in our quivers this year. My two additions this year will be the 1 7/8" Silver Flame and a 160 snuffer weighted to 200. I have the greatest respect for Dr. Ed...but I don't care much for grizzlys. I know it's a great head because I've seen the results, just not my cup of tea.

And like Rob, I'll pick the head I'll use either out of specific purpose or whim...all will do what I want them to if I do my part.
"Being there was good enough..." Charlie Lamb reflecting on a hunt
TGMM Brotherhood of the Bow

Offline Chad R

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2008, 01:10:00 PM »
Switching to Eclipse & Ace Standard

I really like having more metal up front.  Had a tip curl on one of the top 10 brands last year.  Wanted to try a journeyman style head next year.  Just bought Eclipse and Ace Standard - both in 125 grain with 75 grain inserts from Kustom King for a total weight of 200 grains.  They sharpened up really nice.  I started with the Tru-Angle files, then used the arrow grabber and went along the edge with a file. I then went to a DMT diamond blue corse bench stone and a steel.  Ready for the weather to break so I can get out and see how they fly.

Online SuperK

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2008, 10:33:00 AM »
I thought that more would be trying the single bevel Zwickey No Mercy this year.  How 'bout it, ya'll?
They exchanged the truth of GOD for a lie,and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator-who is forever praised.Amen Romans 1:25 NIV

Offline George D. Stout

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: April 15, 2008, 11:11:00 AM »
SuperK...I've watched a lot of heads come and go in five decades of archery, and I still have found nothing that slices through a whitetail any better than what I've used.  The Bear Razorhead has worked great for me and I tend to hold allegiance to those things that work well.

They are durable, easy to sharpen, and accurate as field points.  Guess I'm stuck in a rut 8^).
I do have some Ribteks though and often use them too.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©