3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Stump shoot...uhh....Groundhog hunting in NJ  (Read 618 times)

Offline chuck172

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Stump shoot...uhh....Groundhog hunting in NJ
« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2008, 07:20:00 AM »
You guys make it seem like NJ is one big dump. I'm sure there is garbage to be found in any state.

Offline fyrfyter43

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2008, 09:01:00 AM »
It's not that stump shooting is illegal. It's just that "target practice" is illegal on public land, except on designated ranges.

On private land you can stump shoot all you want. On public land, you better be legally hunting if you're carrying a weapon in the woods.
"In the joy of hunting is intimately woven the love of the great outdoors. The beauty of woods, valleys, mountains, and skies feeds the soul of the sportsman where the quest of game only whets his appetite." ~ Saxton Pope

Offline pdk25

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2008, 04:48:00 PM »
Which essentially translates into illegal on public land because you are only allowed to hunt with broadheads in NJ.

Offline MCS

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2008, 05:41:00 PM »
Other than the garbage, It looks like nice land. What park were you at? Thanks Mike.

Offline Deadbolt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2008, 06:05:00 PM »
NJ isn't all that bad but this state park gets used by mountain bikers, joggers, horse back riders, hikers etc etc cost free and they bring all their garbage in and throw it all over.  The hunters normally end up clean it up in our own special wayu LOL.

Offline bentpole

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: April 14, 2008, 06:13:00 PM »
Wish I was there boys! Looks like a great day!

Offline Deadbolt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: April 14, 2008, 06:42:00 PM »
Heya bud your always welcome!  Its either a 3D or garbage collecting on sundays here  :p

Offline fyrfyter43

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: April 15, 2008, 11:40:00 AM »
Tom (both of you), once I get feeling better we should get a group together for some stump shooting.
"In the joy of hunting is intimately woven the love of the great outdoors. The beauty of woods, valleys, mountains, and skies feeds the soul of the sportsman where the quest of game only whets his appetite." ~ Saxton Pope

Offline fyrfyter43

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: April 15, 2008, 11:43:00 AM »
Originally posted by pdk25:
Which essentially translates into illegal on public land because you are only allowed to hunt with broadheads in NJ.
Yes and no. I don't think anybody would give you a hard time for carrying a couple of arrows with judos or blunts, as long as you also had a couple of BHs for "groundhog hunting".

I ALWAYS have a couple of hex heads in my quiver. Never had any troubles.

Offline joe skipp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: April 15, 2008, 12:05:00 PM »
I wasn't aware of the Jersey law about stumpshooting. One afternoon, I was waiting for my buddy Bamboo to get off work in Jersey and I took a stroll in the State Park stumpshooting.

A few hours later when I was returning, I seen the Fish&Game car drive by where Mike works. He never seen me or he would have stopped...since I had a backquiver full of arrows. It was later that Mike informed me of Jersey laws. Be prepared....carry a few broadheads for those chucks...
"Neal...is this heaven?" "No Piute but we are dam close". Top of the Mtn in Medicine Bow Nat Forest.

Offline Tim Fishell

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: April 15, 2008, 03:56:00 PM »
Good stuff guys!!  Looks like a great time!!
Dreams can not be bought; they are free to those who have lived. -Mike Mitten

We must go beyond the textbooks, go out into the untrodden depths of the wilderness & travel & explore & tell the world the glories of our journey

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Deadbolt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: April 15, 2008, 04:04:00 PM »
Eric yea man let me know when your ready we will pick a day and fling em bud!

Oh and remember no hunting on sundays!  I love NJ only place a man can shoot his kid dead and walk away free as a bird but a man who want to shoot some rotten stumps in the middle of no where loses all privliges for life!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©