3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: A summer day spent traditional bowhunting  (Read 2231 times)

Offline reddogge

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: A summer day spent traditional bowhunting
« Reply #20 on: February 29, 2020, 09:31:28 AM »
Enjoyable video. What species of fish were they? They didn't seem to fight as hard as a bass.
Traditional Bowhunters of Maryland
Heart of Maryland Bowhunters
NRA
Mayberry Archers

Offline Wilderlife

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: February 29, 2020, 03:43:38 PM »
EXCELLENT. I’ve done a lot of writing for bow hunting mags and have done some video work as well. Really enjoyed that. Have to put Australia on my list!
Australia is a wonderful place, mate. When it comes to international hunters, people usually only know about Australia for water buffalo, or Australia sometimes lives in the shadow of NZ a little. Really though, we have a lot of fantastic hunting opportunities for a lot of different game animals.

I also write for magazines. The main one I contribute to is Sporting Shooter. I do feature articles when I can but also do a monthly column. Good fun. It's not trad specific, though.

Enjoyable video. What species of fish were they? They didn't seem to fight as hard as a bass.
They are Murray Cod, mate. Depending on the environment and feed situation, they can grow to a huge size. In this river system, one that's about 80cm (30ish inches) is a true monster. They normally fight much harder but at the moment they are incredibly weak as they have been living in a choked river system for almost 12 months. The drought over here has been terrible.

This one went 83cm and is the biggest one I've seen in this river system in about 10 years of fishing it. It was also caught in the same hole as the last fish in my video.

Here are some bigger ones a mate and I caught in a big lake not far from where this video was shot.

I think this one went over 70cm.

This one went 90cm.

Due to river fish and lake fish being so different in weight, people mainly measure a big cod by length. One over a metre long (about 3 feet) is considered a 'good one', but really, it's situational. Any extra length they get over the metre mark usually means a hell of a lot more weight as well. Fish over about 80lb aren't uncommon.

Online Archie

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2020, 02:09:16 AM »
Very nice!
Life is a whole lot easier when you just plow around the stump.

2006  64" Black Widow PMA
2009  66" Black Widow PLX
2023  56" Cascade Archery Whitetail Hawk
2023  52" Cascade Archery Golden Hawk Magnum

Online Wudstix

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Wood arrows & D/R Longbows Rule!!!
« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2020, 10:17:10 AM »
Nice video, good balance in fishing/hunting/hiking.  Voice over was good as well, I thought.  Interesting day in the field.  Ga-Day!!!

:coffee:         :archer2:         :campfire:         :thumbsup:         :wavey:
"If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space!!!" - Me

Psalms 121: 1-3 - King David

60" Big River 67#@28"              
60" MOAB D/R LB 62#@27"
60" Big River D/R LB 65#@27"
62" Kota Badlands LB 72#@28"
62" Howatt TD 62#@28
58” Bear Grizzly 70#@28”
62" Big River D/R LB 60#@30"
66" Moosejaw Razorback LB 60#@28"

"Memento Mori"
PBS - Associate Member