3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Hunting from a canoe???  (Read 1416 times)

Offline Ron LaClair

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Hunting from a canoe???
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2007, 03:15:00 PM »
quote:
P.S.-I've never bow hunted out of a canoe.    :bigsmyl:
We live in the present, we dream of the future, but we learn eternal truths from the past
When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.
Life is like a wet sponge, you gotta squeeze it until you get every drop it has to offer

Offline Ray Lyon

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2007, 03:42:00 PM »
Originally posted by Ron LaClair:
People with no experience in such matters should keep their paddle out of the water ....so to speak.    :bigsmyl:  [/QB]
You're absolutely correct buddy, I don't have your plethora of canoeing experiences.

B/T/W How long does it take to warm up on the shore of a cold creek on a chilly November day?   :biglaugh:
Tradgang Charter Member #35

Offline AnointedArcher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2007, 03:56:00 PM »
Hey does this count, I arrowed a beautiful bull Moose on the shores Hason Hills lake in Grayling  :biglaugh:  

John 8:36
So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed.

Online swp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2007, 09:08:00 PM »
I had a doe swim out in front of me for 15-20 yds. I could have paddled up on her and slit her throat but waited instead and let her hit the shore and then shaved some hair off of her belly as a momento over our crossing paths. It has been my experience that deer don't get to excited about a quite moving canoe.
"People say you can't go back, its like when you get to the edge of a cliff and you take one more step forward or you do a 180 degree turn and take one more step forward. Which way are you going? Which one is progress?" Doug Tompkins

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©