3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Does This Seem Odd To You?  (Read 434 times)

Offline Golden Hawk

• Trad Bowhunter
Does This Seem Odd To You?
« on: April 14, 2008, 05:28:00 PM »
I was just out Bareshafting some AD Nitro Stinger Greens from my new RER LX longbow 52@30. One I had set up with a standard insert and a 200 grain point and the other with a 100 grain insert and a 190 grain point. Both shoot straight and hit right were I'm looking. They are also dead straight in the taget no tilt to either side. Doesn't that seem odd? Should also mention that both arrows are 32" long.
LeRoy

Charter member of TBJA (Trad Bow Junkies of America)

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Does This Seem Odd To You?
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2008, 05:30:00 PM »
Nope, because of the design of those arrows and the design of Kevin's bows(cut past center) it makes sense. Shawn
Shawn

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2008, 05:31:00 PM »
Should of said I need a string for my Schafer, so $40 and PM on the way! Shawn
Shawn

Offline Golden Hawk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2008, 05:32:00 PM »
Gonna try it with 4 4" banana cuts her in a few minutes and see how they fly. One arrow bareshaft is 509 grains and the other is 569.
LeRoy

Offline robtattoo

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2008, 05:38:00 PM »
I have exactly the same thing with GT Trads. I've got 1 dozen with 100gn inserts, 200gn points, 1 dozen with standard ally (14gn?) inserts, 200gn points, all 24 are the same length. I get exactly the same flight from both arrows from the same bow. Go figure!  :D
"I came into this world, kicking, screaming & covered in someone else's blood. I have no problem going out the same way"

PBS & TBT Member

>>---TGMM, Family of the Bow--->

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2008, 05:39:00 PM »
No, nothing seems odd to me at the perfect flight characteristics of Arrow Dynamic shafts from many different bows and head weights.
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Offline Golden Hawk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2008, 05:43:00 PM »
I actually figure these would be WAY TOO stiff for this bow.
LeRoy

Offline larry

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2008, 05:44:00 PM »
I've found with my experimenting with carbons, that point weight isn't nearly as critical as length, meaning once you get them tuned (cut to the proper length), you can move up and down quite abit in point weight with no ill affects. at least that has been the case with me.

Offline Golden Hawk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2008, 06:19:00 PM »
Hows this!

LeRoy

Offline robtattoo

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2008, 06:47:00 PM »
Meh...a little far back.

:D  :D  :D   :thumbsup:  Nice shootin'!
"I came into this world, kicking, screaming & covered in someone else's blood. I have no problem going out the same way"

PBS & TBT Member

>>---TGMM, Family of the Bow--->

Offline WidowEater

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2008, 06:58:00 PM »
"This" would be extremely funny if you missed the wise old buck by a hair and that Yellow Jacket and ruined that nice vinyl back there.
Silence over speed.  Heavier arrows never hurt.

Offline James Wrenn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2008, 07:54:00 PM »
You must be shooting pretty close.I have never had arrows that you could change point weight that much and not see a difference unless you are shooting pretty close to the target.jmo
....Quality deer management means shooting them before they get tough....

Offline Golden Hawk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2008, 08:09:00 PM »
Those were shot between 15 and 18 yards.
LeRoy

Offline Chris Surtees

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2008, 12:04:00 AM »
LeRoy,

I have some cut to 27" that I used to shoot out of my bows that where 57# to 65#. Did not want to get rid of them when I had surgery so I gave them a try out of a 45# recurve. To my surprise they shoot extremely well. Did a little bareshafting one day with some that I took the feathers off of just to see what I was working with and they were pretty much grouping with my fletched arrows out to 20 yards.

I would have thought these arrows would be way overspined for the ligther bow but they sure do shoot good and have been slipped through a number of hogs and small game. Will say though I did add some 100gr brass inserts to load the front up a little and soften the spine some though.

AD's are great. Do not think I will be tinkering with too many different arrows anymore.

Good shooting also.

Offline trapperDave

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2008, 12:51:00 AM »
are you canting your bow when bareshafting? It needs to be verticle

Offline dtgiacomini

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2008, 03:03:00 AM »
What If I cant when I shoot normally? wouldnt that effect my bareshafting? (sorry to just hop in the thread)

Offline James Wrenn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2008, 07:41:00 AM »
If you cant your bow much it is easy for a stiff arrow to be showing down the middle instead of hitting left for a right handed shooter.It makes it look like it is just high or low instead of where it really is.Cant a bow enough and you can group very stiff arrows down the middle but they still will not be the right spine for the bow.Get off a little on the angle and you will start seeing fliers much more often than with the right spine you need.jmo

If you are shooting at 20yds and less small changes might no show much.As you back up the little ones will.At 40yds 25gns point change will move an arrow close to a foot on a target butt that might never show at 20.Just depends of how well you fine tune your bow.jmo

Offline Paul Mattson

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2008, 07:54:00 AM »
Wt. has little effect on carbon arrows.  I have tested with 125gr up to 200gr both will hit the same.

Offline James Wrenn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2008, 08:08:00 AM »
Point weight has the same effect on carbon arrows as arrows made of any other material.If you can not see a difference it is because of shooting close or the arrow is too stiff with both point weights.Shoot an arrow that is way too stiff and you won't see a difference unless you add enough weight to soften the spine up enough to be getting close to the correct spine.jmo

Offline last arrow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2008, 03:51:00 PM »
Am I correct in my interpretation that those of you shooting AD shafts will change the head weight and it will not affect the flight or horizontal impact point of the fletched and broadhead equiped arrow.  Seams like the perfect arrow shaft if this is what you are experiencing.  Also, do you not worry about bare shafting?  I just got some AD trads and have been playing with them, fletched they all seem to fly well, when bareshafting they seem a little weak unless I usee very light heads (less than 140 grns).

I would be interested in any AD users comments.
"all knowledge is good. All knowledge opens doors. Ignorance is what closes them." Louis M. Profeta MD

"We must learn to see and accept the whole truth, not just the parts we like." - Anne-Marie Slaughter

Michigan Traditional Bowhunters
TGMM "Family of the Bow"

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©