3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: My Sincere Apologies to All of Trad Gang  (Read 9859 times)

Offline John Cholin

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: My Sincere Apologies to All of Trad Gang
« Reply #60 on: April 07, 2020, 03:46:44 PM »
Rob,

You are one of the "good guys"!  With your tech knowledge you have done far more good for the traditional archery brotherhood than any harm some might have conjured from a post you made.  I saw none, but I am old and don't have an axe to grind.

Please stay with us.  I, for one, know when to cut a "good guy" a healthy measure of slack if ever it is needed.

Best Regards,

JMC
My best friend is my dog,
my best bow is my Bear Cheyenne.

Offline Bryan Bondurant

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #61 on: April 07, 2020, 04:41:22 PM »
Bryan, this is a privately owned forum. You can't just say what ever you feel like here. 

Now, are you going to stay on topic or not?

Terry, tried to send you a private message but it was blocked. Have a good day, b.

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #62 on: April 07, 2020, 04:56:08 PM »
 :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Online Ray Lyon

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #63 on: April 07, 2020, 07:45:51 PM »
:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

If it wasn’t so frustrating it’d be pretty funny.  We better put a concussion grade helmet under your salad hat Terry 😉
Tradgang Charter Member #35

Offline shankspony

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #64 on: April 07, 2020, 08:54:52 PM »
Being a moderator on a forum myself, I know that it takes  one or two people who put their heart and souls into it, to keep a forum running. I know one of those people here is Rob. If he gos then it makes the others jobs that much harder.
I also know it only take one or two intent on doing harm/ trolling whatever to do major disruption and harm to a forum, and it can take massive time and effort to sort things out straight again with the major casualty being the forum as a whole as good members leave because they are sick of the rubbish created.
The forum I help moderate also has rules, and the way I see them is this- they are there to sort out the real trouble makers. I will though, forgive those decent people who are having a bad day or maybe did something everyone of us have done and opened our mouths without thinking of the consequences.
I have also quit in the past to give myself some time out- come back when Im ready and been pleased people have forgiven me my indiscretions. 
One thing I do know is dont quit in the heat of the moment. Take some days and walk away, read a book, think about other things, then come back and see how you feel.
In the end we all should be able to tolerate each others opinions, because we have more in common in our love of archery, than we do that separates us.
And finally its just an absolute shit time right now for all, Sorry about the language but there just is no other way to describe it. Everyone is stressed and worried and it is going to show. Give each other a break. Thats the best we can do.

Online McDave

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #65 on: April 07, 2020, 09:44:31 PM »
“ And finally its just an absolute shit time right now for all, Sorry about the language but there just is no other way to describe it. Everyone is stressed and worried and it is going to show. Give each other a break. Thats the best we can do.”

Ain't that the truth. +1
TGMM Family of the Bow

Technology....the knack of arranging the world so that we don't have to experience it.

Offline Mint

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #66 on: April 07, 2020, 10:26:35 PM »
I don't know what was said but I know one thing our founding Fathers put Freedom of Speech at the top for a reason. When everyone is saying "hey shut up, this is what the truth is!" I want someone to say, "Maybe not, what about this." A good debate is needed every time we discuss something important. I totally despise this climate of shutting someone up because they don't like what another person has to say. I totally understand it is needed sometimes on a public forum where we want people to stay on topic and be respectful but an apology goes a long way with me and so does forgiveness. 
The Constitution shall never be construed... to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.

Samuel Adams

NYB Life Member
NRA Life Member

Offline joe vt

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #67 on: April 08, 2020, 06:44:46 AM »
Sincere honest apologies are hard to come by now a days. When you hear one, accept it with gratitude.

If I was apologizing, I would hope it fell upon forgiving ears.   
~ joe vt  >>>~~~~~~~~>

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Tall Paul

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #68 on: April 08, 2020, 07:36:35 AM »
I missed the thread, so I have no idea what was said.  I just want Rob to stay.  It won't be Tradgang without you Rob!  I hope you will reconsider and keep on keeping on.
Is a life of rice cakes really life, or just passing time?-Rick Bragg

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #69 on: April 08, 2020, 10:19:44 AM »
And for those of you claiming anyone else would have been removed.....or that we don't give people rope...

Not counting the constant badgering I had to put up with from this guy yesterday.....he hasn't been removed yet...

Topic he started.....

I first learned of Alex Jones a few years ago. To be honest some of the stuff he was saying seemed straight out of crazy town. Now with all the new gun laws, legal abortion up to the moment of birth, it appears almost every subject he touched on has now come into the public light with some truth to it.

Just wondering what forum members think about Alex? Is he really crazy or just way ahead of his time with all the conspiracy? Rumor has it he is loading up a tv crew and heading to Virginia.

And the joe rogan experience....

Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Offline Gator1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #70 on: April 08, 2020, 10:21:38 AM »
 :knothead: :knothead: :knothead: :knothead:

Online shoes

• Corporate Sponsor
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #71 on: April 08, 2020, 11:30:52 AM »
Yes, please come back Rob. I for one have learned a lot from you over the years. These are certainly stressful times, but I know you care and are definitely one of the good guys!
Dreams are made taller than we are.  Never stop reaching!
WTA member

Online JC Jr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #72 on: April 08, 2020, 04:51:53 PM »
I read the thread and I respectfully accept your apology.  I refuse to disrespect your decision to move on by asking you to reconsider.  I wish you all the best.

Should you read this, I want to thank you for the few open and honest discussions we’ve had outside the forum and the most recent help in getting my account up and running again (under a different username).  Still can’t figure out what happened to my old account.  :)
"Archery is really very simple. You just have to do the exact same thing on every shot"
Bill Leslie, July 22, 2017

"Form is everything."
Al Cole, June 7, 2008

Offline BowMIke

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #73 on: April 08, 2020, 05:37:00 PM »
Rob,

You have only been helpful to me whenever I needed help.
You are a good man and I would be proud to have you remain with us fellow Tradgang members.
I have been known to put a foot in my mouth from time to time!
We are all only human my friend

Mike Tibbits

Offline PASQUINELL

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #74 on: April 08, 2020, 07:01:58 PM »
Rob,

I don't know you but when I did bonehead things like password reset issues etc, you were very kind and helpful. Hope you reconsider.
"I can skin a GRIZZ as fast as you can catch um"...HA! stay right there pilgrim I'll be back!
JOHN 3:16

Offline woodchucker

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #75 on: April 09, 2020, 09:58:12 PM »
Well folks, I've known Rob for years.
I've shot with him a few times. Talked on the phone with him a few times. Mostly though, here on TG and over on BP Gang.
(Haven't been THERE in awhile, if it's still around?)
Every now and then, I disappear for awhile. Sometimes for months, sometimes years... I haven't been around for awhile, but I've noticed ALOT of new names this time around. So... for all of you "new guys" a little History Lesson.
A few years ago or so, TradGang  overwent a MAJOR overhaul!!! Countless numbers of man hours, and major amounts of money. we're talking MONTHS of work!!! Terry and Rob, did a TREMENDOUS JOB!!! But Honestly, being the computer genius that he is, Rob did most of the computer work.
Without Rob's tireless work and dedication, TradGang would NOT be here today!!!!!

I'm personally asking you to PLEASE stay Rob!!! I don't have many "old friends" around here anymore...
I only shoot WOOD arrows... My kid makes them, fast as I can break them!

There is a fine line between Hunting, & Sitting there looking Stupid...

May The Great Spirit Guide Your Arrows..... Happy Hunting!!!

Offline 4 point

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #76 on: April 09, 2020, 10:39:03 PM »
Not sure what this was all over but it would be sad to see Rob leave something it seemed he put a lot of work into. Hopefully he just needs break.

Offline varmint101

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #77 on: April 12, 2020, 08:25:22 AM »
I don’t want Rob to go. If you need to just take a break for a while. Everything is pretty stressful these days. God bless and Happy Easter!
Bless The Lord, O My Soul!

Member:
Indiana Bowhunter Association
Compton Traditional Bowhunters
Professional Bowhunters Society

Offline Tradcat

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #78 on: April 12, 2020, 06:05:37 PM »
Rob, instead of you asking all of us to reconsider leaving, we are collectively asking you to reconsider. I know I speak for more than myself but tradgang would NOT be the same without you sir. Please stay, sincerely  Tradcat

Offline Rob DiStefano

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Contributing Member
    • Cavalier Pickups
« Reply #79 on: April 12, 2020, 06:32:04 PM »
Thank you all for your acceptance and well wishes.  I am humbled.

Way back in 2003, at Terry's direction, I began the technical build of Trad Gang, then continued with it's updating and maintenance.  I don't see abandoning that kinda behind-the-scenes work.  I posted the other day on the "HH BUG GOT ME - Part Two!" thread, so I guess I just can't stay away from Trad Gang for too long, no matter what.  I think that's a good thing.  Happy to be back home, folks.  Thank you.

:campfire:
IAM ~ The only government I trust is my .45-70 ... and my 1911.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©