3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: My Sincere Apologies to All of Trad Gang  (Read 9868 times)

Offline Rob DiStefano

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Contributing Member
    • Cavalier Pickups
My Sincere Apologies to All of Trad Gang
« on: April 05, 2020, 07:14:34 AM »
I am very sorry for causing many of you good folks to become angry and disappointed in me, but far more importantly, become disillusioned with Trad Gang over the content of some of my most recent posts. 

I sincerely apologize for my actions and have not meant in any manner to change anyone's core beliefs or cause any manner of harm.

To those who spoke of leaving Trad Gang, the cyber camp they have enjoyed for so many years, I would ask to please reconsider. 

Do not allow my ramblings to be the device that causes you to abandon what you have so enjoyed and loved. 

Instead, I'm the one who's leaving, so please return back to your home away from home.

It's been a great run for many years, for me.  I've always enjoyed working with Terry and many many of you great folks.  It's just the right time for me to get turned loose and head on out to the pasture.

Be well and safe,
Rob.
:campfire:
IAM ~ The only government I trust is my .45-70 ... and my 1911.

Offline Sam McMichael

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: My Sincere Apologies to All of Trad Gang
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2020, 09:28:44 AM »
Rob, don't go! An apology for any perceived wrong doing is sufficient. Personally, I have not been offended, even though I sometimes disagree with you. We are all grown ups. If we can't disagree without getting our panties in a wad, we need to review just how mature we really are. You have been an essential member of Trad Gang for as long as I have been here and have played a major role in the success of the gang.
Sam

Offline jsweka

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2020, 10:12:42 AM »
Rob - I personally accept your apology and I give you a lot of credit for making such a public apology.

These are trying times and although we need to keep politics and religion off of TradGang, it is difficult to do so because just about every aspect of all of our lives has been affected, including our traditional archery passion.

I also apologize for my thread yesterday which led to this.  I disagreed with the way you handled a situation and I blew up.  The way I brought it to the attention of other TradGang members was also way out of line.  I am sorry for turning this into a soap opera.

I have reconsidered and I will remain an active participant on TradGang.  I hope you do the same and we've all learned from this experience.

Be safe and be well.
>>>---->TGMM<----<<<<

Online MnFn

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2020, 10:16:35 AM »
Rob, you should reconsider.  You apologized and that should be enough.
"By the looks of his footprint he must be a big fella"  Marge Gunderson (Fargo)

"Ain't no rock going to take my place". Luke 19:40

Online Ray Lyon

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2020, 10:18:54 AM »
Hmmm, I must have missed something, and I’ve been here since the beginning.  Ultimately if this is your choice Rob, I hope it’s for you. I appreciate your hard work over the years and whenever I’ve asked for some behind the scenes help it’s been done efficiently and kindly.  My favorite teacher, from fifth grade, was also the strictest I’d ever had.  Nickname was ‘Mean Greene’, but the on line comments of her recent passing at age 104 were heartwarming.  Keeping an online forum on task is not easy.  Many think their point of view and contribution is equal to one of the tablets carried off the mountain by Moses. I used to moderate a forum on another site and it was difficult at best, but it was easier because it was anonymous.  You and Terry will be in cross hairs because you have to have heavy visible hand in keeping the forum non task.  Good luck with your ultimate decision and thank you for your efforts.
Tradgang Charter Member #35

Online Kelly

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2020, 10:35:43 AM »
Rob, would hate to see you leave TradGang, you have done so much for us.

If it’s any consolation Rob, I agree with you and those assumptions you posted about this morning. IT just doesn’t make sense to me either.
>>>>============>

Enjoy the flight of an arrow amongst Mother Nature's Glory!

Once one opens the mind to the plausible, the unbelievable becomes possible!

>>>>============>

Yours for better bowhunting, Kelly

Offline kevsuperg

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2020, 10:38:02 AM »
Rob,
 Don't go my friend. I appreciate your attempts to keep us educated and our eyes open.
 All good here....

USAF Medic 1982-1992
Life member BHA.
RMEF, PBS, Compton, idaho trad bow hunters

Online McDave

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2020, 10:54:25 AM »
Rob, I appreciate everything you have personally done for me over the years, and everything you have done for TradGang in general.  I would prefer that you decide to stay, but nothing is forever, and should you decide to carry through with your plans to leave, go with the knowledge that you have enriched my life.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Technology....the knack of arranging the world so that we don't have to experience it.

Online Jim Wright

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2020, 11:22:09 AM »
  Rob, apology accepted and the choice to leave or stay is ultimately yours but as far as I'm concerned you needn't leave.
  Concerning the occurence that brought us to this point, I would offer here that I'm a relatively ordinary person with eyes to see, ears to hear and a mind to consider things just like everyone else. It's certainly been going on for longer but since Kellyanne Conway so openly outed the "alternative facts" option back in 01/17 the "information" sent my way by social media and contacts from old friends is absolutely astounding and when I receive it I keep it to myself until I can tap a key.

Offline mec lineman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2020, 11:32:23 AM »
Rob, thanks for commitment to this site over the years.
"Pick a spot,now aim 6" lower!"                        
Caribow taiga ex
Tall Tines Stickflinger
Yellowstone Halfbreed

P.B.S  member

Offline Will Telluteyrd

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2020, 12:02:34 PM »
I don't  post on here very much but I think you should reconsider. I know the older I get the less people I agree with. One thing I do know is I'd rather hear ones opinions than silence even if I agree or don't agree. Hope it goes well with you no matter what you choose to do.

Online Flingblade

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2020, 12:16:53 PM »
Rob-  I have enjoyed and learned a lot from your posts and comments over the years.  You have shared your wealth of knowledge regarding the technical side of traditional archery.  I don't have any idea about the technical work that goes into providing this site but I know you put in a lot of work there as well so I hope you'll reconsider staying. 
I am glad to see jsweka has decided to stay and hope Whip will as well.  We are all facing a stress that none of us has ever faced before and we all handle things differently.  In my opinion we all need to show each other an extra measure of grace and forgiveness at this time and that goes for our other friends and family as well.   To anyone thinking of leaving I would suggest taking a deep breath and waiting a few months after we get through this pandemic and maybe you'll have a different opinion by then. 
I am glad to see Terry has decided to not allow threads to drift into these discussions and I know I will be checking my comments before posting to make sure they are free of those types of comments or political statements and hope others will as well.         

Offline Alexander Traditional

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2020, 12:21:17 PM »
Rob-  I have enjoyed and learned a lot from your posts and comments over the years.  You have shared your wealth of knowledge regarding the technical side of traditional archery.  I don't have any idea about the technical work that goes into providing this site but I know you put in a lot of work there as well so I hope you'll reconsider staying. 
I am glad to see jsweka has decided to stay and hope Whip will as well.  We are all facing a stress that none of us has ever faced before and we all handle things differently.  In my opinion we all need to show each other an extra measure of grace and forgiveness at this time and that goes for our other friends and family as well.   To anyone thinking of leaving I would suggest taking a deep breath and waiting a few months after we get through this pandemic and maybe you'll have a different opinion by then. 
I am glad to see Terry has decided to not allow threads to drift into these discussions and I know I will be checking my comments before posting to make sure they are free of those types of comments or political statements and hope others will as well.         

There's not much more to say than this. I know Rob did almost all the tech stuff,might be hard to do without him.

Online Pat B

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2020, 12:24:04 PM »
After all, this is a traditional archery and traditional archery hunting site and Terry and the moderators have done a fantastic job of keeping it true to form. Anyone else would reprimanded or censored for doing the same as Rob has done.
  I've been a proud member of TG since 2003, shortly after the site came on line and have learned a lot and contributed positively to this forum over the years. I appreciate how Terry and the other moderators have kept it a civil, informative forum unlike the other forums that drove Terry to start Trad Gang. I am an administrator and moderator on Primitive Archer forum so I understand and appreciate what it takes to keep this many people and their views pertinent to the sites rules and civil to each other and I thank Terry and the moderators for that.   
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!
TGMM Family of the Bow

Online Pine

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2020, 12:38:46 PM »
PatB; 2x on that.
It's easier to fool someone than to convince them they have been fooled. Mark Twain

If you're afraid to offend, you can't be honest.

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline smag

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2020, 12:58:04 PM »
Selfless service is sometimes left high up on the mountain alone. For some it's just a way of life.

Pat B x3

HH~
RLTW~

MAFA: Making America Free Again~

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2020, 01:00:49 PM »
Thanks everyone for the kind comments that included me as well.  It's a labor of love....but it can get frustrating at times. I know I've gone off the rails a few times over the years and I've apologized many times for it and will again here now.

Rob did not start the covid chat, he added it to a thread that somehow I missed that was off the rails. Rob added to it as he's frustrated as well. I removed the whole thread to censor it all.

This is why I made the post to hit moderator alert if another thread is started or drifts into covid.

Hang tuff guys....we'll get through this.... :campfire:
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Offline Ted Fry

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2020, 01:07:55 PM »
Rob , PM sent

Online Bowguy67

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2020, 01:08:41 PM »
Idk what happened but men make mistakes. They apologize for them and move on. Other men hold nothing against you. You’ve apologized stop beating yourself up.
62” Robertson Primal Overdrive 57lbs
62” Robertson Primal Overdrive 52lbs
62” Robertson Primal Overdrive 53lbs
62” Robertson Fatal Styx 47lbs
64” Toelke Whip 52lbs
58” Black Widow PSA 64lbs
62” Black Widow PSA 54lbs
60” Bighorn Grand Slam 60lbs
60” Bear Kodiak Hunter 50lbs painted black. My uncles bow. He may be gone but his spirit isn’t. Bow will hunt again
52” Bear Kodiak Magnum 50lbs

Offline Huntschool

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2020, 01:16:31 PM »
Rob needs to stay....  Nuff said.....
Bruce A. Hering
Program Coordinator (retired)
Southeastern Illinois College
NSCA Level III Instructor
Black Widow Bows
AMM 761