3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: My Sincere Apologies to All of Trad Gang  (Read 9867 times)

Offline danbow

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: My Sincere Apologies to All of Trad Gang
« Reply #40 on: April 06, 2020, 08:29:58 PM »
Pretty much all of these sites I’m on someone is threatening to leave and most times they don’t. So do whatever, I’m not begging anyone to stay. It’s your loss.
"Tis better to be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt"

Offline 1whitetail1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: April 06, 2020, 08:51:40 PM »
Rob do not leave us. You are a good member. If I had a nickle for everything I have said or done in 70 years of life that I wish I could change I would be rich. We are human. We are not perfect. Everybody needs to forgive and move on in life from things that we can not change,
1whitetail1

Offline JDunlap

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #42 on: April 06, 2020, 09:35:44 PM »
We need Rob to stay!
Sandy Biles Scorpion TD RC; 54@28
RER XR Static Tip RC; 50@28
JC Optimus riser/Uukha EX1EVO2 [email protected]

Online Deno

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #43 on: April 06, 2020, 09:43:03 PM »
Rob

The two phrases here are "I'm Sorry" and "Apology accepted".   You've said the first one, and looks like all the posts on this thread have said the last.   

Deno
« Last Edit: April 07, 2020, 09:08:16 AM by Deno »
United Bowhunters of New Jersey
Traditional Archers of New Jersey
Traditional Archery Society
Howard Hill Wesley Special 70#
Howard Hill Big 5  65#

Tooner

« Reply #44 on: April 07, 2020, 09:00:46 AM »
The way I see it (which doesn't mean much), if a moderator or administrator engages in behavior that would have otherwise caused a member to be removed from the site, they should be removed also.  Respect is a two way street.  Members should not be held to a different behavior standard than moderators and administrators.  Only Rob can (and should) make that determination. 

Online rastaman

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #45 on: April 07, 2020, 10:45:11 AM »
Rob I truly wish you would reconsider.  Put yourself on probation if you need to, but don't leave.....
TGMM Family of the Bow

:archer:                                               

Randy Keene
"Life is precious and so are you."  Marley Keene

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #46 on: April 07, 2020, 10:49:42 AM »
Toner. Contrary to popular belief, we give people a lot of rope.

Let's try and stay positive shall we?
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Tooner

« Reply #47 on: April 07, 2020, 11:01:19 AM »
Toner. Contrary to popular belief, we give people a lot of rope.

Let's try and stay positive shall we?

Yes, I thought my response was both respectful and positive.  I was just offering my thoughts on the situation.  The fact that they may or may not correspond with other's opinions doesn't make them negative.  No one is (or should be) above the rules.  I'm not suggesting that anyone should stay or leave.  That's Rob's decision to make in this case.  I just hope that whether he decides to leave or stay, he makes that decision based on that he would have done with others given the same behavior.  That's all I'll say on the matter.

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #48 on: April 07, 2020, 11:16:45 AM »
He would have given them rope like I said.

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

Offline Bryan Bondurant

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #49 on: April 07, 2020, 12:46:16 PM »
Rob,,,,,, some rules of the good road,

#! Never apologize for being an American. If good intentioned mistakes are made, God has a lot of forgiveness for a man that put himself out there trying to do the right thing.

#2 Keep on being free. This is America, we live in big boy world, my family and friends died so you can write whatever you want on the internet till the communist shut you up, if they can get it done.

#3 Sleep good at night. Brush your teeth, smile in the mirror, and go to bed, sleep good knowing you behaved yourself as a man all day long.

“If freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.”
― George Washington

Conclusion,,,,, Its not freedom loving Red White and Blue Americans, Veterans, that can't handle free speech, conversations of opposing views, strong opinions,,,,,, Its the week minded, those with hidden agendas, American haters and communist.

I have been on more than one hundred military aviation missions, we once flew a C5 engine from Oklahoma City to Guam in a C141,,,, I sat there in jump seats with a giant jet engine taking up the middle of the aircraft, chained down, my legs entangled within the chains, we made it, no problem, C5 repaired, ready for war.

While in Guam, we were invited onto another C141 that had just arrived from Vietnam, to salute soldiers coming home from war, early 90s, The men on that plane were Americans, draped with American flags, former MIA that were recovered after 30 years in Vietnam. Those soldiers are why we honer our great country with free speech, God Bless The United States Of America!

Online McDave

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #50 on: April 07, 2020, 01:01:36 PM »
#! Never apologize for being an American. If good intentioned mistakes are made, God has a lot of forgiveness for a man that put himself out there trying to do the right thing.

#2 Keep on being free. This is America, we live in big boy world, my family and friends died so you can write whatever you want on the internet till the communist shut you up, if they can get it done.

#3 Sleep good at night. Brush your teeth, smile in the mirror, and go to bed, sleep good knowing you behaved yourself as a man all day long.

“If freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.”
― George Washington

+1

The fact of the matter is that Rob didn't start the discussion about Corona, and it went on a long time before he chimed it.  What he had to say wasn't popular, maybe wasn't correct, and maybe shouldn't have been posted on a closed thread.  But when I read it, it opened my eyes to a different way of thinking about things.  Practically everybody in history who has made controversial statements about the status quo has met with the same condemnation.  Not all by any means, but SOME of the people who have made such controversial statements have gone on to change history in a positive way.  I think he did make some procedural errors, but none that would have caused me to kick him off the forum, if I were in his position.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Technology....the knack of arranging the world so that we don't have to experience it.

Offline BearBandit

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #51 on: April 07, 2020, 01:09:14 PM »
Freedom of speech doesn't mean freedom from consequences, if it did this private forum wouldn't have moderators and any topic would be fair game.

Offline Sam Spade

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #52 on: April 07, 2020, 01:26:28 PM »
No worries Rob.  I guess ALL that posted off topic on that thread would have to be removed if you were.  I watched those videos, and there was no 'conspiracy theory' as some were claiming. All I saw was a long time doctor running test after test trying to find the virus because no one has produced a slice of it or a shown a pic of it.  Not sure that the conspiracy is if in fact the Doc is providing facts. 

I like the 'let's be positive' approach.

Offline Bryan Bondurant

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #53 on: April 07, 2020, 02:15:19 PM »
Freedom of speech doesn't mean freedom from consequences, if it did this private forum wouldn't have moderators and any topic would be fair game.

The lack of free speech is not without consequence, the consequence being tyranny and communism. Unfortunately there are weak minded men who are not comfortable alone in the wilderness, they fear to go to the wild places, to deal with nature on its on terms. Those weak minded individuals must intwine within and find power hiding inside government, a government not for freedom and freedoms, a government of control for tyrants.

Just so you know, while on a bowhunting trip to Canada, Isle De Anicosti for August deer hunting, after spending thousands of dollars and investing hundreds of hours into the hunt, I was stopped at the border of Canada, accused of being an international drug smuggler for multiple entries because I had a residence in Key West Florida, you know the little island that Miami Vice and other shows depicted as being a drug smugglers haven in the 80s and 90s, called a liar, threatened with prison, interrogated for 4 hours, put in  taxi and sent back to the USA, then swore to never step a inch into Canada again. I went to Alaska for 2 years with a Jerry Hill Longbow and read Bows on the Little Delta a few times, taught myself to make arrows with a couple books and gear from Three Rivers.

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #54 on: April 07, 2020, 02:31:03 PM »
Guys, please refrain from letting this topic drift off topic.....thanks.  :campfire:

Offline Bryan Bondurant

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #55 on: April 07, 2020, 02:34:40 PM »

I like the 'let's be positive' approach.

I like the "Lets Be Positive" approach of keeping America free. Remembering as a boy, waking up to my grandfathers nightmare of being back in WW2, of him sleeping holding onto the bedpost as he did sleeping on ships crossing the Atlantic ocean heading to war, in case they were torpedoed so he would not be knocked out of the bed. He didn't talk about it much but I understand he killed 11 men in Africa. He spoke of them, not as enemies, but good men who were on the wrong side of the war. He lost a lot of sleep over it in his 89 year long life.

My Grandfather served on the USS Arizona in the 20s then went to WW2 at 37 years old, Im sure his feelings were hurt a lot more than anyone complaining about loose talk on a internet forum, my concern is his sacrifice for my and your freedom, maybe we should be more concerned with respecting those who fought and died for freedom than people sitting in climate controlled spaces typing on the interwebs.

Offline Bryan Bondurant

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #56 on: April 07, 2020, 02:53:47 PM »
Guys, please refrain from letting this topic drift off topic.....thanks.  :campfire:

Terry, I have been a member here since 2009, involved and busy with other things, so mostly daydream about old hunting trips, growing up with the lemonwood bow my grandfather made as a boy scout troop leader in the 20s then gave me in the 70s which was my life, the best memories I have back then, me, an ugly dog, and my bow.

I associate archery with free speech, with being an American, joined the Army at 18 and gave a lot, don't need any hi fives or locker room slaps on the butt to make me feel validated. I make no apologies for loving America, loving freedom, and writing whatever I feel like writing, Thanks, b.

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #57 on: April 07, 2020, 02:56:12 PM »
Bryan, this is a privately owned forum. You can't just say what ever you feel like here. 

Now, are you going to stay on topic or not?

Offline Alexander Traditional

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #58 on: April 07, 2020, 03:13:26 PM »
Bryan, this is a privately owned forum. You can't just say what ever you feel like here. 

Now, are you going to stay on topic or not?

I was just thinking the same thing,and a lot of the people that don't care if Rob quits may not understand that he basically runs the site when there's problems. Who's going to do it if he leaves. Think about a Trad Gang or no Trad Gang at all! I'm not sure if I agree with everything he says,but give the guy some slack!

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #59 on: April 07, 2020, 03:17:02 PM »
EXACTLY Rick, I can't drive the car if you take out the engine!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©