3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Chinook build. **bow arrived**  (Read 3137 times)

Offline Car54

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Chinook build. **bow arrived**
« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2020, 06:41:44 PM »
Very very nice. 

Offline Petrichor

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2020, 12:41:08 PM »
Very very nice.

Thanks thre pictures do not shop it justice.
Nothing clears a troubled mind like shooting a bow.
Fred Bear

Offline old_goat2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2020, 10:41:32 PM »
I want to shoot a Chinook so bad, but it's just a little too short for my draw length, had one for a short time. Super quiet and very very good performance! I'm jealous to say the least! I'm close to ordering another Whip I think, been waiting for a used one, but they just don't come up in 66" very often! Enjoy your bow, it's a beauty!
David Achatz
CPO USN Ret.
Various bows, but if you see me shooting, it's probably a Toelke in my hand!

Offline Petrichor

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: May 10, 2020, 10:46:32 PM »
I want to shoot a Chinook so bad, but it's just a little too short for my draw length, had one for a short time. Super quiet and very very good performance! I'm jealous to say the least! I'm close to ordering another Whip I think, been waiting for a used one, but they just don't come up in 66" very often! Enjoy your bow, it's a beauty!

Thanks!! Hey if you want the extra length have you considered the super static??
Fred Bear

Offline old_goat2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: May 10, 2020, 10:58:50 PM »
Got one, some reason I just didn't click with it, might give it another spin, haven't shot it in a while. Also have an SL which is I think a 66" recurve he doesn't make anymore, but haven't done much with it yet.
David Achatz
CPO USN Ret.

Offline Petrichor

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: May 10, 2020, 11:02:27 PM »
Got one, some reason I just didn't click with it, might give it another spin, haven't shot it in a while. Also have an SL which is I think a 66" recurve he doesn't make anymore, but haven't done much with it yet.

Hmm interesting. How long is your draw?  The 60" chinook supposedly can draw quite far. I think he has a trial program where you can just pay shipping both ways. As for the whip I hear great things but like you said I dont see too many of his bows for resale. A good sign imo. Ever thought of super d?  That's the bow I wanted but he told me know based on my short draw lol.
Fred Bear

Offline old_goat2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: May 10, 2020, 11:16:09 PM »
31" Had a Super D, it's a D Shape and just really not my style and I'm a big big fan of his locator grip. Have had 2 whips, still have one but it's really light draw weight. I shot the higher draw weight Whip really well, bought a Lynx to replace it and really like it, but I'm starting to get a little arthritis in my string fingers and want to go down in draw weight. I have Whistler also and absolutely love it, but it's not near as forgiving as the longer models. I also have problems with my bow hand and his locator grip has been a savior. I really like my Lynx but I also like the lighter weight of the one and two piece bows.
David Achatz
CPO USN Ret.

Offline Petrichor

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: May 10, 2020, 11:21:33 PM »
31" Had a Super D, it's a D Shape and just really not my style and I'm a big big fan of his locator grip. Have had 2 whips, still have one but it's really light draw weight. I shot the higher draw weight Whip really well, bought a Lynx to replace it and really like it, but I'm starting to get a little arthritis in my string fingers and want to go down in draw weight. I have Whistler also and absolutely love it, but it's not near as forgiving as the longer models. I also have problems with my bow hand and his locator grip has been a savior. I really like my Lynx but I also like the lighter weight of the one and two piece bows.

I hear people praising the lynx all the time. Shame he doesnt make it anymore. I was a little nervous about the choice between classic and and locator. I have been very impressed with the classic. It looks small but it is actually quite bulbous. The other thing that amazes me is how there is no hand shock or vibration at all from the small handle on this recurve. It's my first lefty recurve (I have several right handers) and all but the largest heaviest of the handles have some hand shock. His design is superb. Dan also likes the Whistler. As I bowyer I'm sure he could shoot whatever he wants but he said he's been shooting the same 58 inch whistler for 2 years and cant put it down.
Fred Bear

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©