3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Fox High Sierra  (Read 746 times)

Offline wolfcoach

• Trad Bowhunter
Fox High Sierra
« on: February 13, 2007, 09:35:00 AM »
I have a friend that has offered to sell me a Fox High Sierra w/ two sets of limbs.  It is a beautiful bow that shoots very nice.  It was built in 2002.  The problem is he has told me to make an offer.  I do not want to insult him and I am not sure as to the value of the bow.  Can anyone get me in the ballpark as far as what kind of offer I should make?  Thanks.

Offline Whip

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Fox High Sierra
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2007, 10:15:00 AM »
Value is often subjective, and condition, age, etc. will adjust it, plus just finding the right buyer. Specs on the bow also seem to make a difference.  Something in the 50-60# range seems to sell easiest. I do know of a High Sierra that sold recently to a friend and I believe the price was $475 with one set of limbs.  The second set will add to the value of the deal, but again, the specs on them will make some difference. I have one that I haven't listed yet, but if I do was thinking somewhere around the $500 mark would be about right. (Although mine is newer than the one you are looking at)

Without going to the Fox website, I would guess you are probably looking at somewhere around $1,200 or more in new value there.  Most bow deals seem to be anywhere from 50-70% of new, with some exceptions on either side of that.
PBS Regular Member
WTA Life Member
In the end, it is not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. Abraham Lincoln.

Offline LITTLEBIGMAN

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2007, 10:41:00 AM »
Depending upon the woods those bows sell new for 650.00 or better. With 2 sets of limbs if they are in both good shape you gotta be talking 1k. How good of a frind is he?
Make a life, not a living

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2007, 12:03:00 PM »
$600-$800 depending on shape. The High Sierras are excellent bows.
TGMM Family of the Bow
For hunting to have a future, we must invest ourselves in future hunters.

Offline MYSTIKBOW

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2007, 12:41:00 PM »
The High Sierra is a top of the line recurve and you wont regret buying it. If you could give us more specs on the condition of the bow and woods used it would be a little easier to help with giving you a ball park figure. Having said all that as others have said with two sets of limbs your probably looking at right around the figure vermonster13 gave you. Then again,if he is a good friend and needs the money I wouldn't be bashful about offering him $500 or so.
I reckon so

Offline Frank V

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2007, 02:30:00 PM »
I think Vermonster is pretty close with 2 sets of limbs. You won't regret buying it I have one & they are very nice bows. Frank
U.S.A. "Ride For The Brand Or Leave."

Offline wissler

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2007, 02:40:00 PM »
I paid $600 for my slightly used High Sierra and 1 month later, I ordered a set of heavier limbs new for $400. Worth every penny and then some.
No matter what you pay, if it shoots for you, it's worth it. If it has yew limbs, give me a call, I'll buy it! Ron's bows are top notch.
Wissler

Offline Hot Hap

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2007, 03:20:00 PM »
Hi Ron-How's that build a long coming? Hap

Offline wolfcoach

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2007, 03:43:00 PM »
Thanks for all of your input.  That is about the range that I was expecting to pay. The bow has ben very well taken care of and is in very good shape.  The riser is bolivian rosewood and zebra wood with a bubinga stripe.  One set of limbs is 52# and made from bubinga w/ zebra wood overlays.  The second set is 46# of zebrawood with bubinga overlays.  

Hap,
I have not been able to get in the shop this year to start another bow with my student.  I have taken over the Principal position this year at my high school and gave up coaching and teaching woodshop.  However, I have been talking with him and we are trying to find a couple of weekends after basktball season is over to get started on another.

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2007, 03:45:00 PM »
Be sure to share some pics when you get it. Sounds like a beauty.
TGMM Family of the Bow
For hunting to have a future, we must invest ourselves in future hunters.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©