3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: SITKA GEAR Questions  (Read 532 times)

Online Carcajou

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
SITKA GEAR Questions
« on: April 16, 2008, 03:33:00 PM »
Guru or Peter can chime in here, I have heard that Sitka gear is going to be offering some new cold weather gear this year, and was wondering if anyone could shed any light n what may be coming? I am going to invest in some this spring, but was wondering if I should hold off...also, anybody know if they ever run any sales on this stuff??  :eek:
" MEMBER ~ COMPTON Traditional Bowhunters "

"Searching through the remnants of my dream-shattered sleep"

Offline bayoulongbowman

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: SITKA GEAR Questions
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2008, 04:22:00 PM »
Hope they get the sizes right??? IT RUNS SMALL. :)
"If you're living your life as if there is no GOD, you had  better be right!"

Offline snag

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2008, 05:30:00 PM »
Sales on new product? I don't think so. As far as sizing, I am 5'10" and weight 190lbs. I found the pants in a large and the shirts in an XL fit great. Hope that is helpful.
Isaiah 49:2...he made me a polished arrow and concealed me in his quiver.

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2008, 06:21:00 PM »
Scott, I'm waiting to get the word to introduce everyone here to the new line-up....Should be any day now....

That being said, yes, the there is whole new line-up of cold weather gear added the gear from last year. But the whole line up had been changed and improved on. We're very excited about the changes and I know everyone else will too!

Scott, The big sales now are on the gear from last year....

I'll be back.......
Curt } >>--->   

"I love you Daddy".......My son Cade while stump shooting  3/19/06

Offline Steve O

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2008, 06:25:00 PM »
Scott,

I am not Peter or Curt, but I do know many places WERE running sales on the 07 product they had left.  I believe that got gobbled up pretty quick.

There are new cold weather options available when the 08 line comes out this summer.  I am looking forward to trying it out.  There is a really neat glove system that may be the answer to my prayers   :saywhat:  

I am sure they will update the website anytime now to show what is available.

Offline BobW

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2008, 06:42:00 PM »
Guru:

we ever going to see "talls"?
"A sagittis hungarorum libera nos Domine"
>>---TGMM-Family-of-the-Bow--->
Member: Double-T Archery Club, Amherst, NY
St. Judes - $100k for 2010 - WE DID IT!!!!

Offline bayoulongbowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2008, 06:48:00 PM »
I have sold it in the largest bow shop in Baton Rouge, we found that the 07 stuff ran small to size ...Jackets , vest, as for pants they were closer , but still ran inches smaller compared to , the real sizes...thank...I love the camo 's features and benifits...they need to consider Big and Tall hunters...most smaller guys no problem..  :)

Offline peter c iacavazzi

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2008, 10:47:00 PM »
Hi Scott,

Yes, there are many new additions to the Sitka line up. I'm away from my desk right now but if you'll bear with me, I will give a detailed post tomorrow regarding all the new upgrades and additions to the Sitka Gear for 08'. I think everyone will find the new 08' line is going to be great!

Thanks, Peter Iacavazzi
Pro-Staff Director Sitka Gear

Offline Tim Nuss

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2008, 11:00:00 PM »
I got a Sitka Downpour rair jacket. It is sized very small. Be very careful when ordering. I would recomend ordering atleast one size larger for the Sitka Downpour, I wished I would have.

Tim
TGMM Family of the Bow
United Bowhunters of Illinois
Compton Member

Online Carcajou

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2008, 07:38:00 AM »
Thanks for all the info, guys. I have noticed that the sizes do tend to run small. I wear an XL in jackets, and need a XXL for layering purposes with the product. Sitka Gear has my full attention, due to the camo pattern, and benefits that they feature.
Anxious to hear, Peter, on the new options coming up.
Curt, thanks for the help, and you too, SteveO!

Offline bjk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2008, 08:38:00 AM »
Order one size up and there are sales (some real big) running all over now, although as Steve said, may be gone or going quickly...google is your friend.

Schnees
ASAT
Several others...

Offline bayoulongbowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2008, 12:01:00 PM »
They get that size thing worked out , you'll have winner.. :)ps...I have sold lots and lots of Sitka gear...the smaller guys dont have have much problems, its the taller and large sizes that I noticed this ...it is made  to fit snug in the sleeves,when ya need movement  in eblows and knees where ya need it most , it as built in articulation, they call that, material moves 4 ways with you ...but layering can be problem for larger and tall men...

Offline Steve O

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2008, 01:57:00 PM »
You know, I heard all the talk that the Sitka Gear ran small before I ordered...I do not think that is the case.  I think the stuff is sized exactly right.  This clothing is VERY different from what we are all used to.  This clothing is made to move WITH you and is supposed to fit accordingly.  I wear 36" waist jeans, so I ordered a pair of 36 and 38 Mountain Pant.  The 36s fit just like my jeans.  You do not want your Sitka Gear baggy.  It is a pleasure not to worry about your bowstring getting caught up in a baggy shirt or jacket.  I find I don't need an armguard.

Offline Tim Nuss

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2008, 06:28:00 PM »
For me on the rain gear that I purchased like I said the size is way undersized for what I ordered. I am very unhappy with it for the money that it cost. In my opinion it should be sized better than it was.

Tim
TGMM Family of the Bow
United Bowhunters of Illinois
Compton Member

Offline peter c iacavazzi

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2008, 09:29:00 PM »
Hi Guys,

Regarding sizing: Yes, the sizing does seem to run smaller than other lines. I think Steve is correct when he says the sizing is actually fit to move with you. What I would recommend is to try and visit a store that carries the Sitka line and try before you buy. You may want to go with a size larger than normal, but remember every body tends to be slightly different. Sitka does allow a greater range of movement. But, again, the best bet would be to try on some different sizes and make your decision after you've experienced first hand.

Regarding the new 08' line: The Down Pour suit is now called the "Nimbus Series". Its fully water proof and breathable. It is less than 20 oz. per piece and very packable. It has articulated elbows and kness to allow freedom of movement and less binding. It comes with ventailiation panels to allow cooling. It has a 2.5 layer water proof and breatable laminate design with micro taped seems. The stuff is fantastic. It is by far the most superior water proof gear I've ever seen.

One of the exciting new lines is the "Celsius" series. This is designed to accomodate the cold weather/sedentary hunter (think Nov. tree stand)
The Celsius line comes in a Bib and a Jacket. The cool thing is whats called "body mapping": Body mapping places insulation where you need it and takes it away from where you don't. The Celsius line has a higher "loft" and greater range of movement. Basically this line is designed to handle lower temps. Sitka has had mulitple requests for a warmer/tree stand type line. We are confident that the new Celsius will satisfy the extreme weather hunter. The original Sitka vest is now also part of the Celsius line. Like the jacket, the vest is a Body Mapped technical soft shell garment that will work alone or in a layering system with the Celsius jacket and Bibs. To cap it off (no pun intended) there is also a Celsius hat. It has a high loft and a very high warmth to weight ratio.

New for 08" are 3 gloves: The Celsius glove. This glove is sweet. Its water proof, articluated,and sized to allow a liner system or the Sitka Traverse glove underneath it.
Next is the Traverse Glove: An expedition weight, 4 way stretch glove with silicone patterned grip.
Finally the Shooter Glove: No explanation needed. Its a highly tactical glove for early season or for guys that prefer having a shooters glove.

Lastly, Sitka is now making 2 techniacal back packs! The Sitka 14 ascent and the Sitka 45 bivy. These packs are awesome. The Ascent is more of a 3/4 low profile day pack. The 45 Bivy is a full on internal frame 600 cu in serious pack. You guys are gonna love these packs!!

As always Sitka will come in our signature Moth Wing camo. But new for 08" Sitka will now have many items avilable in "Real Tree AP" "Mossy Oak Treestand" "Wood Smoke" "Dune" and "Black Mineral" (Which is awesome for the blind hunter)

I think all of you will find that the new 08" Sitka line is going to be great. I hate for this to sound like a commercial, but truth is the Sitka Gear for 08' will certainly be worth looking into.

If any one has any questions and/or comments please feel free to contact me directly at:
[email protected]

I will gladly help you out!

Best, Peter Iacavazzi

Online Carcajou

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2008, 09:47:00 PM »
Peter, Thansk for all of the above info. I think that the Celsius line will be a hit. For those guys who hunt late season, and dont want to be super-layered, it should be perfect.

Any idea when the 08 line will become available? I want to get some before the fall season kicks in.

Thanks, for everything, Peter, and Steve-O, and Guru!

Offline BobW

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2008, 07:29:00 AM »
:readit:    :readit:    :pray:
"A sagittis hungarorum libera nos Domine"
>>---TGMM-Family-of-the-Bow--->
Member: Double-T Archery Club, Amherst, NY
St. Judes - $100k for 2010 - WE DID IT!!!!

Online Dsturgisjr

• Global Moderator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2008, 07:56:00 AM »
This is what I heard from Corey Jacobson early this week :

The 2008 gear isn't available yet...I haven't gotten a recent update, but last I heard was that it would be shipping in May.

I am looking forward to seeing the new products too.

Offline bayoulongbowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2008, 08:40:00 AM »
I buy my gear to hunt with in May! Thats late..  :( ...better safe some of that tax refund...

Online Herdbull

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2008, 12:19:00 PM »
Sitka is a growing company and is really only going into it’s second season for full retail outlets. Starting out as specialized gear for mountain hunting may have caused them to fit sizes for that specific body type. For example, Barry Wensel tried on my 2XL 90% jacket and said it fit OK in the shoulders and chest, but he had a hard time getting it zipped around the waist.
My suggestion would be to tailor the cold weather Celcius line with a little more room to layer over Sitka as well as other material including wool and fit a more sedimentary hunter. This may prove more versatile and encourage more folks to try it. Once this happens and they find out it works, I think they will then start to swap out more of their heavier garments for the full system. Mike

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©