3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: SITKA GEAR Questions  (Read 533 times)

Offline peter c iacavazzi

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: SITKA GEAR Questions
« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2008, 01:21:00 PM »
Denny is right. As of yet we are awaiting the first 08" shipment to arrive. All indications suggest that the new 08' line will be available by mid to late May.

We at Sitka apologize in the delays but please understand we are doing all we can to expedite the availability. Regarding the sizing issues: Sitka is making every effort to address all concerns and I believe that the new 08" line will be more aptly sized and that as we grow so too will our availibilty and customer satisfaction.

Please know that Sitka stands behind every product we make and we will work with each individual customer to the best of our ability.

With that said, it is also important to note that Jason and Jon, (The Owners of Sitka) are both avid and passionate "Trad Bowhunters". They have a real affection for the trad guy and will always continue to support and work with us!

I think you'll all be pleased with the new 08' line and Sitka promises to continue improving, developing and upgrading every product we make.

I will keep all "TG'ers" updated as to the availability of the Sitka line.

Please also note that: Denny Sturgis Jr. Biggie Hoffman. Curt "Guru" Cabrera. Mike Mitten. Bryce Lambley. Bob Walker are all Sitka Pro Staffer's. Feel free to contact anyone of these "TG"ers" with questions and or concerns pertaining to Sitka. As always you may contact me directly anytime at [email protected]

Best, peter Iacavazzi

Offline snag

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2008, 01:37:00 PM »
Peter, are they still going to make the previous style clothing for the more active hunter? I love the stuff I bought last year!  I even found that by hunting in the cold and wet late season it worked great with the proper insulated underwear.
Isaiah 49:2...he made me a polished arrow and concealed me in his quiver.

Online Herdbull

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2008, 01:50:00 PM »
Snag  Yes that line will still be carried with minor improvements. Mike

Offline bayoulongbowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2008, 03:21:00 PM »
The jackets are great , I took one from work and ran water over it for 3 hours...dry as a bone in side!!!! that I like!!!!Im on mission right now to get down to XL size...I was 3XL Im wearing 2XL now....    :)         :wavey:
"If you're living your life as if there is no GOD, you had  better be right!"

Offline BobW

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2008, 03:41:00 PM »
I'm trying to get shorter....  :banghead:
"A sagittis hungarorum libera nos Domine"
>>---TGMM-Family-of-the-Bow--->
Member: Double-T Archery Club, Amherst, NY
St. Judes - $100k for 2010 - WE DID IT!!!!

Offline Wary Buck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2008, 06:00:00 PM »
Peter hit all the specifics, and I think stand hunters are going to fall in love with the new Celsius line.  I can hardly wait.

The 90% jacket/pants from '07 are darn near waterproof in moderate conditions.  Case in point, today we have spring break but it's cold, very windy and with a cold driving rain most of the time.  I just got back in from 3.5 hours of hard walking in mostly thick timber looking for antlers.  Wore the 90% garments, plus the beanie, baseball cap, gloves, mountain shirt...and I emerged from the timber tired and sore but completely dry!  And armed with a massive personal record of 21 antlers!!!!

Now I realize it wasn't the briars I've seen in SE Iowa, but I was getting poked and prodded constantly by cedar tree limbs in thick timber (basically sticks, these aren't "boughs") and rained on and I was fine.  The '07 line was ideal for the walking/stalking/climbing hunter and for the stand hunter in moderate temps.  The '08 line will have the stand hunter covered in cold temps too.

On sizing, I felt it ran pretty true to size in the large sizes.  I'm 5'10" and maybe 180-195 lbs. depending on the time of year.  I found L sizes fit well, and I bought an additional XL 90% coat to wear with some non-Sitka heavy insulation when stand hunting at Zero to 20 degrees.  The snugness in the arms takes some getting used to, but sure as heck beats bulk when handling a traditional bow.

I don't have a Downpour jacket so can't comment on size, but would suggest that anyone who mail orders anything and then receives something that doesn't quite fit well, to send it back for exchange.  I've been guilty of not wanting to do that in the past, and have then regretted being lazy.  

Anyway, I really believe in the stuff and it's best trait hasn't been mentioned much:  it is so darn easy to pack for a trip now I can hardly believe it.  The stuff packs down great, and the Mountain Mimicry is such a versatile pattern most of you won't need anything else.  Both of those factors lighten your load tremendously whether packing a suitcase or a backpack!
Bryce Lambley
"Here's a picture of me when I was younger."
"Heck, every picture is of you when you were younger."
--from Again to Carthage, John L. Parker, Jr.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©