3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: saddle hunters ?  (Read 849 times)

Online Flingblade

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
saddle hunters ?
« on: May 07, 2020, 10:30:07 AM »
I'm getting ready to order an Aero Hunter Kestrel Flex and see they offer three different bridges; webbing fixed, webbing adjustable with carabiner and rope adjustable with carabiner.  For those that hunt out of saddles which bridge would you recommend?  I saw one video where the guy was shooting a 64" recurve and recommended the fixed webbing bridge.

Offline buckeyebowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: saddle hunters ?
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2020, 08:33:11 PM »
I have yet to hunt from it but this winter I made my own saddle using a sit drag and rock climbing harness. The bridge I made was with a piece of amsteel. I have practiced from it several times and have no problem shooting my 60" recurves.

Offline wayne rollinson

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2020, 04:29:58 AM »
I make my own saddles but started off with a fixed bridge but then went to an adjustable amsteel one and will stick with it I really am liking it but I changed out the prusik to Distel hitch as its far easier to adjust, I also use this for the mainline climbing hitch and also my tether so much nicer to use, regards wayne.

Online Flingblade

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2020, 12:39:17 PM »
Ok, I'm going to go with the adjustable rope bridge.  Other than a few ounces additional weight I really don't see a down side to being able to adjust bridge length on the fly.  Thanks for the responses.  Wayne - that's a nice looking saddle and I like your boar mount!

Offline Keb

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2020, 09:25:55 PM »
Look at the tacisaddle, I found it easier to shot a stickbow from, because u can run a super short bridge

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©