3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: ETAR 2020  (Read 4462 times)

Offline JZombek

• Trad Bowhunter
ETAR 2020
« on: May 15, 2020, 02:10:27 PM »
Does anyone have any news in regards to ETAR this year given the pandemic.  I hope it ETAR happens. :archer2: :archer2:
J Zombek

Offline David Mitchell

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: ETAR 2020
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2020, 06:09:48 PM »
No decision has been made to this point, but you can keep up with things on their web site www.archeryfestivals.com.
The years accumulate on old friendships like tree rings, during which time a kind of unspoken care and loyalty accrue between men.

Offline Jeff D. Holchin

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2020, 06:33:21 PM »
I talked to the organizers today and they want to hold the event, if the state parks people and PA government will let them.  I sure hope so!
Genesis 27:3 "Take your bow and a quiver full of arrows out into the open country, and hunt some wild game for me."

Proud PBS regular member - if you are a serious bowhunter, check us out at     http://probow.discussion.community

Offline mec lineman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2020, 07:04:06 PM »
I'm with J .Holchin
"Pick a spot,now aim 6" lower!"                        
Caribow taiga ex
Tall Tines Stickflinger
Yellowstone Halfbreed

P.B.S  member

Offline Friend

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2020, 08:07:06 PM »
Hope the best decision is made.
>>----> Friend <----<<

My Lands… Are Where My Dead Lie Buried.......Crazy Horse

Online Witherstick

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2020, 09:29:46 PM »
Tough decision for sure.  Unfortunately, we make decisions based on what we know today, but those decisions are judged by what we will know tomorrow.   My heart says yes, but my mind is unsure.  Potter county is already in the yellow phase.  Maybe STAR will even happen.

Offline Jeff D. Holchin

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2020, 05:58:43 AM »
If you mean the STAR shoot in VA, it has been cancelled 😔
Genesis 27:3 "Take your bow and a quiver full of arrows out into the open country, and hunt some wild game for me."

Proud PBS regular member - if you are a serious bowhunter, check us out at     http://probow.discussion.community

Offline jsweka

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2020, 08:03:42 AM »
That area of our state is in the “yellow” phase with reopening of some things, but gatherings of 25+ people are still prohibited.  Unless it goes to green, where restrictions are totally lifted, I don’t think it will happen. 

If it does happen, using one of the porta-johns there would be like licking a door knob in New York City  :o
>>>---->TGMM<----<<<<

Offline Kevin Dill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2020, 09:09:09 AM »
ETAR is one superb archery event, and maybe the best in the country every year. I'm like most people...tired of isolating and not doing many of the things I enjoy. That's my right brain talking.

But my left brain is in charge. Until a LOT more is known about the virus, and until I personally see the risks of engaging with others drop significantly....I'm going be avoiding gatherings of more than a few people. I really don't mind giving things up (at least for now) to help improve my chances of staying healthy. I owe that to my family.

As for ETAR, I hope it enjoys much future success. I hope to go again some day...a future event.

Online Adirondack Bowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2020, 09:24:38 AM »
don't let the cure be worse then the problem.

Online Witherstick

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2020, 10:28:58 AM »
Not Sherwood.  Sawmill , the other STAR

Online Barry Wensel

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2020, 02:01:47 PM »
Like everyone else, no one knows. I'm scheduled to speak at ETAR again but I have some very serious things to consider. First is my health. Because of my age; previous history of pneumonia; past heart issues/ surgeries; upper respiratory/allergy problems, etc. I am at a high risk for serious problems.
   Also to consider is I've given seminars there the last three years in a row; it's about a 17 hour drive each way for me; the costs of motels, etc. It's always been one of our best shows and a lot of fun. They do a great job. But being realistic, IF the state does open things up and allows the gathering, will the show be packed because people are finally allowed to get out? Or will it be very slow because people are cautious in who/what to believe? I haven't had a cold or been sick in three years now (just high mileage) but unfortunately it's a heavy bet to gamble on seeing we don't know what/who to believe anymore. Time will tell. Best to all. BW 

Offline David Mitchell

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2020, 02:33:44 PM »
I figure that a lot of the vendors may be hesitant to leave their shops and stores to go due to uncertainty about turn out.  Will there be enough business to make the trip and its related cost worth it. And yeah, the porta potties would be a real thrill in this situation.  :nono:
The years accumulate on old friendships like tree rings, during which time a kind of unspoken care and loyalty accrue between men.

Offline jsweka

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2020, 06:26:52 PM »
Barry - I certainly understand your concern and dilemma.

I haven’t missed an ETAR since 2003, am in my mid 40s, in good health, only live 2 hours from Denton Hill, and I’ve already decided I’m not going this year.  Not so much for my health, but that of my family and others should the rare chance of the crud infecting me actually occur.  I figure by not going this year, we increase the chance more of our older archers can attend next year.
>>>---->TGMM<----<<<<

Offline smag

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2020, 07:46:44 PM »
My guess is they will keep that battleground State locked down. Just cuz they can.

Dont let 2020 3D in yer state keep ya in the basement on Skype. Come out and shoot.

HH~

« Last Edit: May 18, 2020, 07:50:58 AM by smag »
RLTW~

MAFA: Making America Free Again~

Offline Bigjackfish

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2020, 05:40:49 AM »
Barry said it all with we do not know what to believe anymore, my brother and his wife are nurses here in New York and they say this thing is unpredictable from what they have seen.

Offline JZombek

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2020, 11:16:00 AM »
Thank you for all the responses.  ETAR is the event I look forward to every year along with my brother
J Zombek

Offline JAH518

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2020, 01:28:42 AM »
I attended ETAR for the first time last year and was worth ever penny I spent traveling there from Florida. It was such a good time and impressive from the layout of the courses to shear number of people. I haven't been able to stop thinking and talking about it since I got home. I even convinced my brother and father to start shooting again so I could bring them with me this year. Felt like this would be a great father and sons trip that dad would cherish. After all he's the reason we're into archery. He's 74 and in good health and can handle all the walking and terrain with ease. However, with everything going on I think I'm canceling our trip even if it is held. I just couldn't live with myself if he got sick from or travels. Finger crossed he still feels he can handle the adventure in a year.
Primal Tech 2pc 60" 44@28" longbow (my baby)
Primal Tech 2pc 64" 43@28" longbow
Wengerd Ibex 18 3pc 64" 49@28"
Toelke Pika 56" 2pc 45@28"
Java Man Elkhart 52" 2pc 46@28"
DAS HT-21 Uukha Irbis longs 40's
DAS Tribute 19" DAS 3k limbs
WF25 ILF Xtreme riser

Offline JZombek

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2020, 06:42:03 AM »
JAH518,  that is great to hear and what a wonderful way to make a memory with your father and brother.  My brother and I love the  event and the people there are great.  Have safe travels this year.
J Zombek

Offline wingnut

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2020, 11:04:11 AM »
I haven't missed ETAR in over 10 years but we decided as a family with all that's going on that we will not be traveling this summer to any events.  I guess we'll have a "missing ETAR" event on our website.

Mike
Mike Westvang

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©