3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Knurled limb bolt question  (Read 589 times)

Offline buckeyebowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
Knurled limb bolt question
« on: May 19, 2020, 05:55:48 PM »
This may be a silly question but I recently acquired some of the no tool limb bolts, the style with the black knurled knob and I am wondering if I am supposed to glue the bolt in that comes with them or just thread it some into the riser and then put the limb over it and thread the knurled knob on. When i thread the actual bolt all the way into my riser it only leaves me with 3 or 4 actual threads and looks a little iffy when screwing the knurled knob on if i back the bolt out some it seems to be okay but I'm just not sure if I'm doing it correctly.

Online McDave

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Knurled limb bolt question
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2020, 06:00:51 PM »
I have a set of limb bolts like that.  Clearly, you want to have an adequate number of threads that mesh on each side.  With mine, I screwed the bolt into the knob first, and then screwed the knob and bolt into the riser, which gave me plenty of meshing threads on each side.  I hadn’t considered glueing it into the riser, nor do I think I would want to do that.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Technology....the knack of arranging the world so that we don't have to experience it.

Online jess stuart

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2020, 09:26:32 PM »
I have always glued the knob to the bolt.

Offline buckeyebowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2020, 10:29:46 PM »
Thanks guys.

Online McDave

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2020, 09:02:29 AM »
One additional consideration is whether someday you might want to get a pair of antler or other decorative knobs.  They will come tapped for the same bolt, and if the bolt is not glued onto the knob, you can easily switch between the knobs.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Technology....the knack of arranging the world so that we don't have to experience it.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©