3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Thunderhorn plastic limb bolt quiver.  (Read 748 times)

Offline SpikeMaster

• Trad Bowhunter
Thunderhorn plastic limb bolt quiver.
« on: February 13, 2007, 11:12:00 AM »
Has anyone tried the Thunderhorn plastic limb bolt quiver that 3 Rivers Archery sells? It says that the quiver can be removed without unstringing the bow. How is this done? I would like to have an inexpensive limb bolt quiver and I would also like to be able to remove it once on stand.

Offline madness522

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Thunderhorn plastic limb bolt quiver.
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2007, 11:26:00 AM »
I have one at home that I have never used.  I'll look at it and see I can figure out how it comes off without having to unstring the bow.  There has to be some type of release to allow it to be taken off the mount.
Barry Clodfelter
TGMM Family of the Bow.

Offline JL

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2007, 01:20:00 PM »
Are you refering to the Thunderhorn Boa quiver? If so, I have and use one. I like the fact that it can be moved from bow to bow (recurve or longbow-don't matter) in seconds. Helps add weight to my one piece curves. Good stuff...

JL
Practice like you are the worst, shoot like you are the best...

Offline SpikeMaster

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2007, 04:00:00 PM »

Offline madness522

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2007, 05:02:00 PM »
Here is the deal spike, once you mount the quiver in the limb bolts you can slide the hood or base off the mount.  I never noticed this as long as I've had mine.  The thing I really don't like about this set up is you have to slide both pieces off seperately.  But I guess you'll have that to deal with with any two point quiver.  

I have seen a compound one piece quiver mounted to a curve using the screw on block.  If you already have a hole drilled on the riser that might be a option to look into.
Barry Clodfelter
TGMM Family of the Bow.

Offline Bow50

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2007, 05:28:00 PM »
Hey JL (or anybody else), Do you like the two point Thunderhorn Boa quiver ? I have a T/D recuve I was thinking of trying one. I think they are $40.00 at 3 Rivers but I wonder if they will hold up to hunting and long days afield. I don't really want to spend $100 on the other kind of 2 pt. bow quiver.     Thanks

Offline bowfiend

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2007, 10:27:00 PM »
I have a couple of the Boas and I like them. I was skeptical of the attatchment system, but it is solid and works well. You also don't have to take the arrows out before removing it.
Is it September yet?!

Offline ethan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2007, 12:52:00 AM »
It's a good solid quiver. I liked mine except for the black plastic so I covered it in leather.  Definately worth the money.

Offline SpikeMaster

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2007, 08:37:00 AM »
Thanks for the info. I was thinking about buying one but I wanted to hear what others thought of it. I'm like Bow50, I don't get paying $100 for a bow quiver. That's a third of the cost of my bow.

Offline Gator1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2007, 09:00:00 AM »
A quiver you may want to look at is one by Eagles Flight. I bought the (4) Arrow Model Last year and is wonderful..

They are a sponser of the Site..

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©