3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: pig hunting in TN  (Read 150 times)

Offline jtwalsh62

• Trad Bowhunter
pig hunting in TN
« on: April 17, 2008, 10:32:00 AM »
Does anyone know of a place to hunt pigs here in TN that is on public land.
jt walsh
 be still and listen

Offline Chris Wilson

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: pig hunting in TN
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2008, 11:07:00 AM »
Hey Joe, good to see you.  Big South Fork use to have a hog population, but I believe they've dwindled it down pretty low to maybe non-existant now.  Catoosa has a good hog population. I took one off of there season before last with the MZ.  I also believe South Cherokee WMA and Foothills WMA have decent populations.  The thing about Catoosa, Cherokee and Foothills is you can only hunt hogs/boar during scheduled deer hunts.  It's the same with Big South Fork, except it also has a seperate season from mid January to late Febuary.  Now, on private lands, the season is open year round on feral hogs.  

Are you gonna make it to Twin Oaks this year?
"You're either trained or untrained.  When it hits the fan, you will always fall to the level of your training."

Offline jtwalsh62

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2008, 02:41:00 PM »
Chris I will be Hog hunt hunt in SC that weekend. How are yopu doingwhat are you shooting now Me Pronghorns
jt walsh
 be still and listen

Offline Chris Wilson

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2008, 02:47:00 PM »
I'm good, working waaay too much, but good.  I'm currently shooting an older Hoyt Pro-medalist Hunter H16 riser that has be retro-fitted with a set of olympic ILF limbs.  It makes a nice little 60" bow.  Pretty darn quick too.  

On a different note, have you heard anything from or about Glenn in the last few months.  The man has apparently fallen off the face of the Earth and no one can seem to get a hold of him.  I've been trying since mid/late January.
"You're either trained or untrained.  When it hits the fan, you will always fall to the level of your training."

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©