3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: How about a F. R. O. G story?  (Read 1911 times)

Online Keefer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: How about a F. R. O. G story?
« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2020, 11:25:32 AM »
Oh wait a second I just read it was Ole Possums map !
 Now that makes since . You don’t suppose He has been hanging out at the “Lilly Pad” Saloon collecting all the leftover beer bottles left on the tables ?
  Has anyone noticed If he’s been skipping Sunday School at Church lately?
  Just doesn’t make since for him to draw up a good set of plans on a GPS and give his location away like that .
 Now everyone will know how easy it is to get there and back .
   Where is Possum Supreme Leader ?
 You didn’t make him swim across the watery sand pit did you ? :scared:

Online Keefer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2020, 11:42:01 AM »
 He forgot to put A.M. instead of P.M .on his Garmon. Now I know why John is Supreme Leader cause that right there is a rookie mistake and besides  look at it .It’s daytime not nighttime . A good GPS man would show a night time screen shot and his line of approach .
   That way they wouldn’t see the trees you guys are hiding behind as you get to the lagoon.
  Supreme Leader is Possum on your team or the “Skinny Slickers” team ? :readit:

Offline Possum Head

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: June 02, 2020, 12:02:00 PM »
Captain John,
   By studying Scouts GPS reading that he mapped out I see he favors his right leg and that must of been due to an old injury I take it ?
   His plan of Action is very clear and "straight Forward" that even Otis on Andy Griffith could find his way back home to his jail cell after his night cap .
        You sure F.R.O.G. doesn't stand for  "Four Retired Old Guys"? :biglaugh:
  😂we thought no one would ever solve it!

Online South MS Bowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: June 02, 2020, 12:12:17 PM »
Again Keith, very astute observations. As you pointed out “Rookie” mistakes but sad that Scout has been on a decline in skill and this could cost the team!

We approach the “Gator Slip” a literal hot bed of vietfrog activity. The Gator Slip is a series of large holes on dry ground and beaver huts and deep water channels. This allows the gators who are partisans with the vietfrogs to move freely between water and dry ground.

A very dangerous location. Sniper lines up and takes out the lead man while I knock off one and try for a second.

Sniper asks why I shot four times. Little did he know there were two more unseen to him and Scout lurking just around the...eh..one I shot.

Scout loads them up in the mobile flexible POW containment system (His pillow case).

« Last Edit: June 02, 2020, 12:53:50 PM by South MS Bowhunter »
Everything I have and have become is due to the Lord and his great mercy.

Online Keefer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: June 02, 2020, 01:14:54 PM »
Well I sure hope Scout gets his act in gear and make sure he wash’s that pillow case this time before throwing it back on his Bed.
 I heard his wife screaming all the way over here in Dorchester County Md. last time he did that .
 We thought it was old Betsy down the creek tripping over a garden hose again when she went to the village outhouse thinking it was a moccasin .
 She used words we never heard before and couldn’t even locate them in the Webster dictionary .
   :laughing:

Online Keefer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: June 02, 2020, 01:27:55 PM »
Almost forgot “You guys do a count on how many you got” I hope .
Scout probably has another bag hidden somewhere in the swamp and claims they are his and slips a few in his hidden bag when he says he gots to go relieve himself.Better keep a lookout on ole Scout he is really eyeing that Biggin there .
  If in I were Yews I would take a Brandon iron and get it real hot and stamp your names on who got Which one . Just saying Scout looks a bit “Sneaky” like he wants all them for himself.
  Seen those type before over our next of the woods .
 We took care of them and said Old Big Lizz got em .
  Go look up Big Lizz in Dorchester county Md.
 True story she got her head wracked off and she roams the Marsh and swamps here .
 Send ole Scout over here and we will take him to see Big Lizz.
  Only payment we expect is 50 of those Big Bull frogs with all legs attached .

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: June 02, 2020, 04:27:43 PM »
Scout was caught planning insurrection, but I felt bad for him due to his “War” wound and let it slide.

Offline Possum Head

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: June 02, 2020, 05:27:21 PM »
Audio not You Tube worthy! Keef, believe it or not I hadn’t hit the bottle that night but surely one might understand my seemingly intoxicated state after following those GPS tracks. Truth known, Supreme and Sniper would still be in the swamp had my Garmin not accompanied us and the worst part of that would be the frogs would have spoiled. Gotta hand it to the boyz they shot well but had my Kanati graced us with her presence embarrassment would have spoiled the night for those two! Oh, wait a minute had I not had my Garmin I would still be with them 😳

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: June 02, 2020, 05:55:45 PM »
As Paul Harvey would say “The rest of the story”.

After securing the vietfrog in Scout’s containment system we ease on into the darkness and little did we know what would await us.

It had rain the previous few nights before and dumped some six inches of water according to Scouts estimates. This had a profound effect in the visual lay of the swamp at night.

Water that normally would not be there now expanded the shoreline of the sloughs and drainage.

Now a good scout would have predicted this prior to embarrassing his Commanding Officer, but nope not Scout.

He led us directly into tangles and impenetrable fortresses of thickets and deep channeled backwaters.

At one point after seeing my boot prints multiple times as we spun in circles, I offered up a polite recommendation.

I said “ Scout, well you done gone and got us lost again” very tactfully and then offered to help as I’m known for by stating the oblivious.

“Look the Goggle map shows us going completely opposite of where we need to be”

Now can you believe with those thoughtful and helpful comments Scout mistook them as criticism :dunno: :laughing:
« Last Edit: June 02, 2020, 06:10:12 PM by South MS Bowhunter »

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: June 02, 2020, 06:21:58 PM »
Well my good intended comments must have made a great impact on Scout.

He whirled around and with “passion”, someone not knowing Scout May have mistaken the look on his face as anger but I as Supreme Leader knew it was “passion”   :goldtooth:

And stated something about he had a Garman and if I wanted to get out of there I could trust him or I could lead 😂.

To build confidence and fan the flames of this new found boldness I said lead on!

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: June 02, 2020, 06:38:26 PM »
Well after another round of seeing our boot prints Scout finally learned how to hold the Garman and led us in a zigzagged pattern back to the trailhead.

This was great that were no longer “unfound” but not optimal as we passed up 75% of Boggy II

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: June 02, 2020, 07:02:40 PM »
Once back at the trail head we decided to loop back to the “Gator Slip”. We figured the transformer tadpoles would be grouped back up debriefing how we were able to take out their former comrades.

My hunch was right as always and Sniper and I dispatched a couple more biggies.

One particular fatty had perched out on a log some 20-25’ from the bank and only offered a shot where you hit him or send an arrow out to the outer darkness.

I slid into knee deep water and Scout directed me in and when in position I slid around a huge Cypress tree and sent the arrow.

Upon release the frog jumped and the arrow connected with a loud solid smack!

It’s the sound of a “cold cocked” frog. Usually a head shot make this sound and they’ll stiffing up like a board.

My arrow made a high looping plop back into the water and the frog fell off to the side....into the deep never to be seen again🙁

Offline Possum Head

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: June 02, 2020, 07:26:52 PM »
All did end well after the blind led the blind. Not to steal his thunder but Captain poked one it lunged to deeper waters with arrow and we thought we lost all till Captain caught a glimpse of the beast swimming off with his shaft and made a saving grab 👍

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: June 02, 2020, 07:40:35 PM »
All told it was another great F. R. O. G Adventure!  Twelve frogs of good size went home with me and the night had a little of everything to make it exciting. Overflowing swamp, dangerous critters, lost, and then found and enough shooting and good fellowship to make it fun 👍😁.

« Last Edit: June 02, 2020, 08:11:59 PM by South MS Bowhunter »

Online Keefer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: June 02, 2020, 08:04:29 PM »
Supreme Leader did Scout forget to bring the battery’s for the flash lights in the first video?
 That would definitely  explain all those loop dee loops in the Garmon readings  .
A good Scout would borrow battery’s from the Garmon or run an electric cord from the nearest electric outlet across the pond and use a drop light As a back up light if he’s got a GED .
  Just saying  :thumbsup:

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: June 02, 2020, 08:29:10 PM »
Keith,

In the first video it is actually Scout self incriminating to the crime of insurrection!

If you listen closely you can hear Sniper and me in the background as we look for Snipers “lost” light.

That to was a ploy so Scout could conspire with the vietfrogs. Those can be heard loudly in the foreground as they chant there seducing Ribits.

But like I said I had mercy on him and will let him stay on the team.

But I’m actively looking for sound recruits who are able to properly perform scouting duties and most of all know the true meaning of TGIF.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2020, 08:36:48 PM by South MS Bowhunter »

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: June 02, 2020, 08:34:41 PM »
As for wether Scout has a GED (Good Enough Degree) that’s rather personal and Scout will need to interject there.

Far be it from me to shame the poor man on his education😂

But he didn’t know the encryptions code TGIF and it has hinder his access into all things F. R. O. G.

Online Keefer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: June 03, 2020, 05:13:10 AM »
 John  ,
   "Good Enough Degree" I never heard that one but I like it .
   Wished I lived close and could possibly be recruited to the F.R.O.G. team but I wouldn't make it pass the basic training lol.
  Glad you took 12 out and they all "croaked" from their hits.
  Love watching your video's last year and you all having good "Clean " well not clean by the looks of the pillow sack and your cloths but good fun for "Four Really Old Guys"  :thumbsup:
   Thank you for sharing your adventures in the Swamp and for being on the front lines .We appreciate what you do. :archer:

Offline Skates 2

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: June 03, 2020, 09:42:53 AM »
Glad to see frog still around.  You guys are always entertaining  :biglaugh:

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©