3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: How about a F. R. O. G story?  (Read 1915 times)

Online South MS Bowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
How about a F. R. O. G story?
« on: June 01, 2020, 03:31:16 PM »
For those in the know, F. R. O. G has been an annual staple on Trad Gang for a number of years now and every summer we like to tell our stories of our exploits against the “Vietfrog”.

That dreaded transformational, cold blooded, amphibians (but with great legs 🦵).

This story begins with me and always ends with me as Supreme Leader and Captain of Frog Relocation Operation Group, F. R. O. G for short.

As usual it was left to me to do all the heavy lifting in organizing and critical threat risk analysis and determining where the Vietfrogs were posing the most concerns.

A quick check of aerial surveillance logs and it was easy to see “Boggy II” was being hit hard. 

« Last Edit: June 01, 2020, 03:39:02 PM by South MS Bowhunter »
Everything I have and have become is due to the Lord and his great mercy.

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: How about a F. R. O. G story?
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2020, 03:51:01 PM »
Ring.....ring.....ringing the phone continued to ring while I impatiently tapped the counter. Finally a hurried voice answered and spoke more a directive then an inquiry “Got to cut this short I’m at the sons house, grandkids birthday party”.

Little did he know it was I or he would have been more attentive and respectful of the chain of command!  Scout! Look this is important we have a mission....Sorry John I’ve got to go, can I call you back?

Click! What? Scout just hung up on me? He must not have recognized the authority in my voice. The tenor and urgency of what I was stating or else he mistook me for a telemarketer 🤔

Offline Possum Head

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2020, 05:43:44 PM »
Look you sounded like the last telemarketer that wanted to sell me an extended warranty on my Tundra till I told him it had 300,000 miles on it 😁. Anyway usurping your authority was the last of my intention and next time you can be assured I’ll put your aspirations above those of my Grandson. At least til Granna catches on. 😳 Anyway in an attempt to thwart “FAKE NEWS” it was my logistical prowess (with the aid of ole Garmin)that led us safely back to the truck after what would have proved to be an extended stay at Boggy II. Now that this post was fact checked and set straight perhaps Captain can allude to our success at suppressing the Enemy!

Online Keefer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2020, 05:57:45 PM »
 :biglaugh:   Man I need to crab my cup of Joe John and I Will be ready to watch this episode  :coffee:

arrow30

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2020, 05:58:55 PM »
BOY, i hope yall killed something. this place is getting boreing without any hunting stories, or pictures of dead critters. :thumbsup:

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2020, 07:54:57 PM »
First before getting too deep in the mire, I will have to set Scout straight on his definition of  “FAKE” news  :biglaugh: 

He has earned the moniker or “Scout” for a reason and not for those you would normally relate to the scouts of old. Like a good grasp of DIRECTIONS  :deadhorse:

Also for those that believe every good story should have dead critters, there will be some👍

Just not sure if we the team members will be part of them after Scouts incompetence at surveying for enemies or dangerous terrain!
« Last Edit: June 01, 2020, 08:00:37 PM by South MS Bowhunter »

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2020, 08:24:02 PM »
But more on that later....

Ring...ring...phone ringing for what seemed liked eternity cracking sounds...Shello.       Sniper, look enough of the happy sappy “Shello”! Practise proper comm protocol!

Now look....more banging and clanking sound....Sniper, Sniper, what are you doing, are you even paying attention?  Oh I’m painting, swishing sounds...

Painting😳😡 Sniper I need you to get a grip, listen I need you to be at the pickup zone by 20:00 tonight...

Ok Cap whatever you say...whistling sounds

I hung up stating a need for new recruits.

« Last Edit: June 01, 2020, 10:56:33 PM by South MS Bowhunter »

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2020, 08:51:25 PM »
A while later Sniper calls back.  Cap, what you doing?  Doing? Cap?  Sniper how many times do I have to correct you on proper phone protocols. It’s Captain or my preferred title Supreme Leader.

And why are you calling when you should be prepping for tonight’s mission?

Sniper replied “Well I thought you might want to go early and shoot a few rounds and spend some time with me”.

Spend time with you?  The answer is No and no. What are you thinking “shooting” during a clandestine operation!

Sniper a little hurt and feeling rejected got off the phone and I continue to prep.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2020, 09:30:41 PM by South MS Bowhunter »

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2020, 11:08:04 PM »
At 20:00 sharp I pull in to the pick up zone not expecting much from the other team members, honestly I was a little downhearted. With the way things have been I had expected more motivation from Scout and Sniper🤔. Maybe I’m just too hard, harsh some would say.

But I’ve always had a God, Country, and Others mentality. Oh well may wish others were like minded but truth is we can only lead by example, but in the end it’s a heart condition....

What you doing Cap? You thinking again?

Sniper had caught me in my musing. Yea Sniper, just thinking.

About that time Scout pulls in and loads up with Sniper and we head off to Boggy II.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2020, 11:23:36 PM »
After securing our transportation Scout reports with his survey of the area and the course he plans for us to take....

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2020, 11:32:59 PM »
As stated earlier Scout didn’t earn his title from being a great or even good observer of the land but rather as a cruel joke for his lack of bearing.

So after a long march in, in total darkness, silently...whistling sounds, Sniper cap the whistling! As stated we marched in silence to an area where we knew an outpost of vietfrogs was manned.

I called Sniper up to take them out. He steady his aim and whiffed his first shot to my dismay 😳

The vietfrogs disappear into the mire.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2020, 11:34:25 PM »
No sooner then they disappear then another rises up....

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2020, 11:39:42 PM »
Sniper quickly gets a shot off and nails him. I give a thumps up and we slip out in search of more...

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2020, 11:46:24 PM »
We move forward step by step and I discern more vietfrogs just ahead ... Scout had suffered an injury earlier that day and would not be shooting.

Not that it matter, he is as good shooting as he is with scouting😁

I spot one closing in on Scout and dispatch him just in time.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2020, 11:52:28 PM »
Now I would like to say Scouts injury was in the line of duty and I was submitting his application for the Purple Heart 💜 but ‘tis it is not so....

His injury was  caused by the simply act of trying to bust a bag of ice at his Grandson’s Birthday 😂

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2020, 11:54:57 PM »
To be continued tomorrow, and more to say on Scouts planned coordinations and his Garman 🙄

Online Keefer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2020, 06:26:32 AM »
Captain John,
   By studying Scouts GPS reading that he mapped out I see he favors his right leg and that must of been due to an old injury I take it ?
   His plan of Action is very clear and "straight Forward" that even Otis on Andy Griffith could find his way back home to his jail cell after his night cap .
        You sure F.R.O.G. doesn't stand for  "Four Retired Old Guys"? :biglaugh:

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2020, 09:16:34 AM »
Keith,

Sir good observation let me know if your looking to join I do need a Scout that can analyze and make sound recommendations.

And it’s actually his left leg, but looking at Ole Possums map I can’t fault you for thinking right leg.

The two X’s on the map are point A and point B that we are trying to get to. We started at point A and never got to point B 😳

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2020, 09:33:18 AM »
Oh...and Keith its Captain or my preferred title Supreme Leader  :banghead:

Don’t want you to set a bad presidency on TG, next thing you know we’ll loose all semblance of Law and Order!

And it is Frog Relocation Operation Group (F. R. O. G) for a reason. We are an Elite short notice tactical paramilitary group. Trained in the most modern theories of war fighting and evading skills.

A top tier group of men that only a few can be a part of....

But if you have TGIF on the back of your shoes and really know the meaning give me a call and we can talk about you joining....

Online Keefer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2020, 11:09:18 AM »
Supreme Leader did anyone smell Scouts breath just to make sure he wasn’t under the “Influence”  ? I know it’s probably a hard thing to do especially after eating a full box of Slim Jim’s I wouldn’t want that job but somebody needs to step forward and Man up to him.
 Those GPS lines are way too easy to follow now that I had time to look at it.
 He is basically giving your “Honey” I meant “Froggy hole” away .
If it were me and I was Supreme Leader I may have to ask Scout to see if he can walk across that watery sand and fetch your arrow and retrieve the next frog if you know what I mean? :thumbsup:

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©