3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Reading bareshafts?  (Read 157 times)

Offline Predator1

• Trad Bowhunter
Reading bareshafts?
« on: April 17, 2008, 06:06:00 PM »
I know you are not supposed to look at the way the arrow is in the target while bareshafting but where the arrow hits. However , I notice when I shoot bareshafs that when I see them kick nock right(I'm RH) in flight they hit left and the nock is out to the right. Same for  a weak shaft. If I play around with point weight and length it seems I can usually get my shafts to fly to the target and they look really striaght in flight with no kicking if I have a good release.

My bareshafting: Shoot a given shaft and tip. Watch for any kicking in flight and see where it hits. Like I said earlier, usually if I see it kick right it hits left and if it kicks left it hits right. From here I add weight or cut the shaft until I "SEE" the arrow flies striaght and hits the POI. Help me out here guys! AM i wrong and should I be concerned with nock orientation.

Offline WidowEater

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Reading bareshafts?
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2008, 06:15:00 PM »
This is a similar method that I use.  This is how I get arrow spine and nock height correct and I wont change anything as long as Im using field points.  I do however tune my broadheads the way they show you on the OL Adcock site.
Silence over speed.  Heavier arrows never hurt.

Offline Deadbolt

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Reading bareshafts?
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2008, 06:38:00 PM »
i pretty much do the same and it works.  My arrows hit where I want them to.

Just remember wraps and fletchings stiffen em up some...I always leave mine a tad weak slight knock left/high is where i keep mine.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©