3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: My little cabin update  (Read 4188 times)

Offline Ron LaClair

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: My little cabin update
« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2020, 07:02:59 PM »
It was a good visit Terry, we'll have to do that more often.

I spent a good amount of time on the cabin porch today as I told you there was a nice breeze..  My son spotted a dandy buck across the lake bedded down by a dead tree with just his head above the grass. I kicked myself for not having my Swarovski's with me. I'm going to keep my spotting scope out there for when we see him again

We live in the present, we dream of the future, but we learn eternal truths from the past
When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.
Life is like a wet sponge, you gotta squeeze it until you get every drop it has to offer

Offline Ron LaClair

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2020, 07:54:56 PM »
I took this with my phone zoomed out as far as it would go. The buck was bedded where the dead tree that's leaning to the left. He was only visible when he raised hir head above the grass. I thought I got him but he must have ducked back down.

We live in the present, we dream of the future, but we learn eternal truths from the past
When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.
Life is like a wet sponge, you gotta squeeze it until you get every drop it has to offer

Offline hawkeye n pa

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: July 29, 2020, 06:15:01 AM »
Very nice Ron!
Jeff
>>>>---------->
Fear of the Lord is the beginning of Wisdom.

Offline Ron LaClair

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: July 29, 2020, 04:26:35 PM »
I spent my first night in the cabin last night. The glow of the kerosene lamps gave it an old timey atmosphere.

A thunder storm came through around midnight and the temperature must have dropped 20 degrees. I just pulled the buffalo robe over me and slept like a baby

Online HornHunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: July 29, 2020, 06:05:11 PM »
Beautiful place , Beautiful cabin, Ron... you might need an elk horn for that place? would be an honor, going to be gone fishing for a few days, talk at ya when I get back
There is room for all of Gods creatures, right next to my mashed potatoes!

Offline Ron LaClair

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: August 04, 2020, 11:13:09 AM »
I'm back home from spending five days and nights at the cabin. The first night a thunderstorm went through. The sound of heavy rain on the roof was lulling. As the temperature cooled I pulled the buffalo robe up over my shoulders. The glow on the celling from the one kerosene lamp that I kept burning turned down very low added to the ambience of the little cabin.

Online smokin joe

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: August 04, 2020, 11:25:30 AM »
Thanks, Ron, for posting the cabin story. It is giving me lots of ideas for how to set up a get-away hunting/fishing property for my retirement.

If I may ask, what company is the vendor for your little cabin?
TGMM
Compton
PBS
Trad Gang Hall of Fame

Offline Ron LaClair

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: August 05, 2020, 11:08:14 AM »
I got the idea of the Mod 94 above the door from the Yellowstone series, Rip the ranch foreman hung his lever gun like that

Offline Pat B

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: August 06, 2020, 01:24:43 PM »
Ron, I heard you had visitors to your cabin this past week/weekend. Pappy posted pics he took when he was in MI for the Elm Hall shoot. Sure looks like a place you can relax and get away from it all when you want.  :thumbsup:
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Ron LaClair

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: August 07, 2020, 01:43:08 PM »
A PLACE
We need a place where we can go
A place like written by Henry Thoreau
So there to absorb the marrow of life
to leave behind all worry and strife

Me thinks this is the place for me
For there I will set my spirit free
that I may live out my remaining days
in peaceful bliss learning natures ways

Offline blacktailbob

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
    • Island Graphics Inc.
« Reply #34 on: August 07, 2020, 04:57:00 PM »
If all them folks keep showin' up yer gonna need a bigger cabin.
[email protected]

Islandgraphicsfl.com

Online smokin joe

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: August 11, 2020, 09:45:45 AM »
I would be fishing every day that I am not hunting. It looks like you have a little bit of heaven on earth there, Ron.
TGMM
Compton
PBS
Trad Gang Hall of Fame

Offline Ron LaClair

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: August 11, 2020, 09:53:01 AM »
No one fishes the lake but me so there's some really big gills pike and bass. A man could live off the fish in the lake and the critters in the woods.

« Last Edit: August 11, 2020, 12:11:43 PM by Ron LaClair »

Online Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: August 11, 2020, 09:53:44 AM »
I posted on this earlier... but it didn't 'take'...

Great Stuff Ron!!!.... I need to come visit again.
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Online JakeD

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: August 11, 2020, 01:29:19 PM »
Beautiful place Ron.  I figure that's about all that a guy could ever want.  A peaceful, beautiful place to fish and hunt in peace and quiet. 
Black Widow PCH V 56" 52@28

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©