3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Ski-Tar 2020  (Read 1019 times)

Offline JZombek

• Trad Bowhunter
Ski-Tar 2020
« on: July 27, 2020, 06:10:09 PM »
My brother Mike Zombek and I attended SKI-TAR at Ski Sawmill this past weekend and boy we had a great time.  Although the courses were less than ETAR, 5 compared to 9, they were still challenging and there were a lot of targets.   Kudos out to the personnel that made SKI-TAR happen!!  We wished for larger turn out but the lack of shooters gave a more relaxed shoot, no rushing or waiting for large groups.  We actually shot each course numerous times and each time the challenge was still there.  The one hike up to the top of the mountain, in my opinion, taxed the heart muscle just like cardiac ridge.  Looking forward to ETAR next year and possibly SKI-TAR.  Until then, best of luck to you all in your shooting and/or hunting.   
« Last Edit: July 27, 2020, 07:01:18 PM by JZombek »
J Zombek

Offline charlie chocks

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Ski-Tar 2020
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2020, 10:26:52 PM »
This western Marylander also attended SKI-TAR! I agree, the whole atmosphere was SO relaxed versus ETAR. In fact I believe I preferred this event over ETAR in a few aspects. ETAR is a "happening" whereas any shoot at Sawmill is laid back with next to no waiting to shoot. And the camping is basicially FLAT versus Denton Hill SP. I'm already planning to attend STAR in June at Sawmill come 2021.
Christian Bowhunter's of America -  Life Member
Maryland Traditional Bowhunters
Cumberland Bowhunters
NRA - Life Member

Offline Bigjackfish

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2020, 07:45:47 AM »
I was their with my son and a friend enjoyed it a shooters shoot as some people say.Way more laid back than Denton would defiantly go back and you save money because of very few vendors.

Offline JZombek

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2020, 12:25:20 PM »
Bigjackfish and charlie chocks, I agree with you both.  It was much more laid back than ETAR and no waiting at the targets for large groups
J Zombek

Offline jackdaw

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2020, 11:38:37 PM »
Been to this shoot for 11 years. I cannot for the life of me understand the lack of vendors..? All I hear is "They buy at ETAR"..?? What on Earth. ? I buy when I need something. Regardless of the event. Most years you have in excess of 500 shooters. Those selling general archery supplies would have done well I believe. I just don't get it..
John Getz:........... Time flies like an arrow, Fruit flies like bananas.
Ed HOLCOMB 59' KODIAK 51#
Ed HOLCOMB 59' KODIAK 47#
67'1/2  BEAR SUPER K  44#
WILSON BROTHERS BLACK WIDOW 60" 45#
LONGRIVER ELK 62" LONGBOW 53#
1967 WING 62" SLIMLINE 43#

Offline Joshua Polland

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2020, 01:15:00 PM »
What a great, laid back shoot. I met “Charlie chocks” and a couple families, we had a blast shooting together. I loved laying in my tent at night listening to real country music at the campfires and the sounds of families and friends enjoying themselves. I hope to get back again some day.

Online Friend

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2020, 04:37:36 PM »
Sounds like a very nice event.
>>----> Friend <----<<

My Lands… Are Where My Dead Lie Buried.......Crazy Horse

Offline charlie chocks

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2020, 04:58:40 PM »
What a great, laid back shoot. I met “Charlie chocks” and a couple families, we had a blast shooting together. I loved laying in my tent at night listening to real country music at the campfires and the sounds of families and friends enjoying themselves. I hope to get back again some day.

Thanks for putting my screen name in quotation marks...only you and about three other folks know the story! Yes sir, I thoroughly enjoyed myself! The Sawmill Traditional Archery Shoot (STAR) is typically the last full weekend in June. This year it was June 25-28. So thinking the same will hold true for 2021, you could probably safely go with the 2021 STAR being June 24-27, 2021. I'm getting my better half set up with her bow, my mom's 1960something Wing Falcon. I think I might be able to convince her to attend! I told her it's about having fun, not necessarily hitting all the targets. Heck, I'm a living testimony of that mindset!  :biglaugh:
Christian Bowhunter's of America -  Life Member
Maryland Traditional Bowhunters
Cumberland Bowhunters
NRA - Life Member

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©