3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Advice please  (Read 2666 times)

Offline Ronnie Newell

• Trad Bowhunter
Advice please
« on: August 02, 2020, 06:48:18 PM »
I  want to go back  to gmu 27 (Az.) for Aug/Sept archery season but I'm kinda "skeered" to because of this covid crud. Im in Louisiana so its a long trip but I'll be alone. Should I not go?
PBS associate

Offline Sam McMichael

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Advice please
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2020, 07:04:29 PM »
How successfully can you social distance, both during the hunt and while traveling to from the site? If you can keep clear of potential disease carriers, you probably can stay safe. With that being said, I am still staying at home and wearing a mask whenever I go where people are. If you choose to go, GOOD HUNTING!
Sam

Offline achigan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2020, 08:45:21 PM »
Hey Ronnie. Mike Rowe, the “Dirty Jobs” guy, has an excellent piece on his FB page right now. It’s long, I only took in the first few paragraphs, but spelled out his take(and mine) regarding the Covid. My daughter and s-i-l drove here last month and stayed overnight in a hotel while on the road.  Not many are traveling right now, so there is time for hotel staff to clean up. JMHO YMMV ETC.
...because bow hunting always involves the same essentials. One hunter. One arrow. One animal. -Don Thomas

Online McDave

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2020, 11:09:24 PM »
What you really have to stay on top of are local quarantines. When an area low in covid considers people coming in from an area high in covid, they will often order a two week quarantine for people coming from the high covid area.  Since most people don't have two weeks to spare, this can put a crimp into a trip.  I just cancelled a trip into Wyoming to meet my wife after a backpacking trip she is taking for this reason.  I don't know if Wyoming will have a quarantine when I want to come, but they have in the past, and I just don't need something else to worry about.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Technology....the knack of arranging the world so that we don't have to experience it.

Online M60gunner

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2020, 11:31:17 PM »
Our numbers have started to level off agian. Most businesses require a mask to enter. As for accommodations I would recommend carrying your own linen. Another option is one of those lights that kills germs. To hot to sleep in your vehicle and it wouldn’t be any cooler when season starts.

Offline Red Beastmaster

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2020, 08:03:47 AM »
After five months of constantly hearing the do's and dont's you are asking us if you should go on a hunting trip?
There is no great fun, satisfaction, or joy derived from doing something that's easy.  Coach John Wooden

Online Trenton G.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2020, 03:14:12 PM »
Personally I wouldn't hesitate to go. It's a hunting trip so you won't be around people anyways. Take precautions at the gas station and if you go shopping at some point but otherwise go for it. If school gets shut down because of all this, and I expect that it will, I've been exploring my options out west and will definitely be making an attempt to go if I can!

Online Mike Bolin

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2020, 03:33:43 PM »
Ronnie, what are driving out there? Pickup, suv, van? When I drove out to Colorado, I drove an extended cab pickup. Pulled into a rest stop with the 18 wheelers, tilted the seat back and got about 6 hours sleep. If I were to to it again I would probably put a cap on the back with an old mattress or a good foam pad and sleep in the back. Van works well too. Drove my wife's minivan to Quebec back in the '80s and if I got tired I pulled into a Tim Horton's, climbed in the back and took a nap. Throw a single burner LP stove in the truck, a cooler with some bottled water, some bacon, bread, coffee or whatever you like and cook on the tailgate. Minimal contact with others and cheaper than a motel and eating fast food. Good Luck >>>----------> Mike
Centaur longbow 62", 43#@28"
River Raisin Siren, 60", 41#@28"
Osage Selfbow 62", 47#@28
Compton Traditional Bowhunters

Offline Basinboy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2020, 11:01:43 PM »
Ronnie, what are driving out there? Pickup, suv, van? When I drove out to Colorado, I drove an extended cab pickup. Pulled into a rest stop with the 18 wheelers, tilted the seat back and got about 6 hours sleep. If I were to to it again I would probably put a cap on the back with an old mattress or a good foam pad and sleep in the back. Van works well too. Drove my wife's minivan to Quebec back in the '80s and if I got tired I pulled into a Tim Horton's, climbed in the back and took a nap. Throw a single burner LP stove in the truck, a cooler with some bottled water, some bacon, bread, coffee or whatever you like and cook on the tailgate. Minimal contact with others and cheaper than a motel and eating fast food. Good Luck >>>----------> Mike

Mr Mike has it figured out! :thumbsup:
I say go Mr Ronnie  :archer2:
Primal Tech Longbow 42#@26” 62” amo
Palmer Longbow 43#@26" 62" amo
Zona T/D Recurve 48@26" 58" amo
Osage Selfbow 38#@26” 64” amo

PBS Associate Member
Compton Member

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2020, 07:34:31 AM »
It's not and has not stopped me from hunting or fly fishing.  But I have zero comorbitities and a healthy immune system.  Same as my 80 year old mother that just kicked cov's butt.... as did both my sisters, brother inlaw,  niece and nephews.

Only you can make that decision based on you history and knowledge.  My wife is a nurse and has been in the middle of it since the start, plus insite from a cdc friend here in GA. So we don't rely on the so called 'news', 
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Online Bowguy67

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2020, 07:55:42 AM »
Guys I’m a construction worker working on big commercial jobs. I just did a 9 floor remodel in a real city area. Now I’m working on big additions in 2 nursing homes. I worked completely through the worst part with some other fellows. We had to go to supply houses, Home Depot’s, worked with all kinds of guys from all over.
Bring some alcohol gel for your hands and go. Should I add I’m not wearing a mask most times. I can’t see and it’s hot. The 9 floor job was over a hundred on the ground floor. No openings, window walls and no ac.
Be sanitary as you can be and go. Don’t let the media screw up your life
62” Robertson Primal Overdrive 57lbs
62” Robertson Primal Overdrive 52lbs
62” Robertson Primal Overdrive 53lbs
62” Robertson Fatal Styx 47lbs
64” Toelke Whip 52lbs
58” Black Widow PSA 64lbs
62” Black Widow PSA 54lbs
60” Bighorn Grand Slam 60lbs
60” Bear Kodiak Hunter 50lbs painted black. My uncles bow. He may be gone but his spirit isn’t. Bow will hunt again
52” Bear Kodiak Magnum 50lbs

Offline madmaxthc

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2020, 10:18:00 AM »
Ronnie,

This is a great website with great people, but you might be using it for something out of its scope.
Looking at the numbers (not at the news), the situation is bad and possibly getting worse.  I work with infectious diseases, but I will refrain from answering your question on an archery website. Rather, speak with a doctor about it, and listen to their  professional advice. They will probably ask you such questions:

How successfully can you social distance, both during the hunt and while traveling to from the site? If you can keep clear of potential disease carriers, you probably can stay safe.

But go and talk with a professional, so you can make an informed decision, and, if you end up going, you can minimize the chances of getting infected.

Hope it helps.
Max
« Last Edit: August 04, 2020, 10:36:49 AM by madmaxthc »
Life is short, play hard

Offline madmaxthc

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2020, 10:26:52 AM »
I would like to add:

Some people posted great advice in my opinion, while I disagree with some others. But telling a good advice from a not so good one sometimes requires technical expertise. That is why I would suggest to talk with someone you know has that expertise.

Best,
Max
Life is short, play hard

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2020, 11:50:15 AM »
Yeah, you might want to find the video of the doctors at the capital that got banned that are experts.

Madmax... can you show us an actual photo of the virus? A slice preferably?  I haven't been able to find one since this mess started, and have requested over a dozen times from "infectious disease experts" with no luck.  Thanks in advance.

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

Offline madmaxthc

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2020, 12:15:56 PM »
Yeah, you might want to find the video of the doctors at the capital that got banned that are experts.

Madmax... can you show us an actual photo of the virus? A slice preferably?  I haven't been able to find one since this mess started, and have requested over a dozen times from "infectious disease experts" with no luck.  Thanks in advance.

Hold on, I have one, it just might be too high resolution to post it here. Let me check it out.

Unfortunately, there is a lot of misinformation online, and it is a shame that even some people with biological science degrees have resorted to shortcuts to advance in life. That is why, when in doubt,  refer to the official government agencies. Especially with a new disease, there might be doubts and uncertainty even within the scientific community. A government agency (such as CDC) has professionals who weight the available evidence and issue the best recommendations given the current state of knowledge.

I am sorry the situation got so politicized in the US. It is such a shame. Please, do not take my statements as trying to attack any memeber of this forum. Every one of us has their own expertise. I would not be able to perform heart surgery, nor to repair my car engine. I lack the expertise to do either.
Life is short, play hard

Offline madmaxthc

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2020, 12:30:24 PM »
Here it is:

This image comes from the CDC. It is an electron microscope image of the coronavirus. The spherical viral particles are colorized in blue. They contain cross-section through the viral genome, seen as black dots.

I personally work on the genome of the virus, and where I work we have sequenced the genome from patients in Florida. There is no reasonable doubt that it is the same virus infecting people around the globe.

I do not want to go off topic. If it is of interest to TradGang members, and if the admins allow, maybe later I can start a topic talking about the virus, trying to steer away from politics.

I just want to say, stay safe. Politicians come and go, regardless of what color they are wearing.  We have to take care of the people we love. 

Best,
Max
Life is short, play hard

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2020, 12:32:27 PM »
Great... you are not showing an exo are you?... but instead a micro?

Offline madmaxthc

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2020, 12:37:32 PM »
Sorry, what is an exo?
Life is short, play hard

Offline Rob DiStefano

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Contributing Member
    • Cavalier Pickups
« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2020, 12:41:36 PM »
the only gov't i trust is the .45-70

when elected officials - you know, our employees - tell you they're doing something to make y'all safe, always replace that "safe" word with "controlled" and you at least will begin to understand the truth.

to each their own.  i had the virus, it was miserable, i lived, i wasn't the least bit concerned because at age 74 i have a Great immune system with no serious preexisting health issues.  i did my research, and it wasn't easy to wade through the main stream media, which i quickly learned to fully dismiss and avoid.  also to avoid are those claiming to be medical "experts" who don't tell the truth let alone the entire picture of a "pandemic" from start to present.

the disease ... when there is an unknown pathogen, the first thing medical scientists do is perform the "gold standard" test.  this is medicine 101.  it was never done for "covid-19", nor was koch's postulate invoked and satisfied.  the USA simply took the word of the chinese as gospel.  no genome sequencing accomplished, either.  look it up, all fact.  yes yes yes, there is a toxic particulate floating about out there and infecting LOTS of folks.  it's just not as killer deadly as we've all been told to the point of ridiculous lock downs, social distancing, and the insanity of thinking that mask wearing is a form of virus protection or spreading inhibitor when in fact it's no more than a feel good pacifier. 

the RT-PCR virus testing has been and still is a major scam.  don't think so?  like taking the word of the "experts"?  the PCR test inventor admonished its use for "virus testing" it's that bad a test.  there is no direct test for toxic particulates (virus) and it's worse than trying to find a needle in a haystack.  so what about all those millions of quickie "covid-19" PCR test positives?  testing positive for What??  geez louise.

the depth of true information about "covid-19" not given to the public by our employees is criminal.  there's more than enuf to fill volumes let alone a large book.  our employees have become our employers.

Americans have been fooled about this "pLandemic" because it was politically weaponized and scaring the beegeezus out of honest citizens worked well, as they expected, and they learned the real value of psychological Control.

so ... to hunt or not to hunt?  to each their own.  if it was me, and i was ready to hunt, hells bells i'd be HUNTING.  and no, i do NOT wear a mask.

as they say, YMMV!  good luck!

IAM ~ The only government I trust is my .45-70 ... and my 1911.

Offline Rob DiStefano

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Contributing Member
    • Cavalier Pickups
« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2020, 12:44:16 PM »
it should be of great interest to see that an exosome is the clone image of a "coronavirus".

IAM ~ The only government I trust is my .45-70 ... and my 1911.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©