3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: SRF sight ?  (Read 840 times)

Offline MCNSC

• Trad Bowhunter
SRF sight ?
« on: August 19, 2020, 08:06:31 AM »
Thinking of trying one of these. Anyone that has one , how long is the threaded rod on these ?
"What was big was not the trout, but the chance. What was full was not my creel, but my memory"
 Aldo Leopold

"It hasn't worked right since I fixed it" My friend Ken talking about his lawn mower

Offline acedoc

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: SRF sight ?
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2020, 05:09:51 AM »
i have one and a love hate relation with it. the rod could be a bit longer and i keep loosing my groove with - probably because i don't practice enough with it ! when dialed in it is great but then so are my bows without the sight.

ymmv and i think a single pin sight would probably be better.
Toelke SS recurve
Toelke Whip
Sky Wildfire ilf with foam carbon xxl limbs

Offline MCNSC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2020, 01:29:05 PM »
I went ahead and ordered one, I saw where the threaded rod can be replaced if it’s not long enough but supposed to be 1 1/4 long which should be fine. I’ve been messing around with sights lately and made/ modified several , made a couple that had a reference line to allow me to cant the bow the same every shot. I agree that the single pin seems to work as well as anything although I soldered a peice of copper tubing to a sight pin with the dot in the center. Think I’ll be using it only because the tube protects the pin. Going to try the srf to see how I like it.
"What was big was not the trout, but the chance. What was full was not my creel, but my memory"
 Aldo Leopold

"It hasn't worked right since I fixed it" My friend Ken talking about his lawn mower

Offline longbowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2020, 01:49:11 PM »
What the heck is it?

Offline MCNSC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2020, 08:26:48 PM »
Longbowman, it’s a sight with a larger oval shaped opening. The idea being that your eyes will naturally center things. The oval allows you to learn the location to sight through it at different yardage’s. Anyway if you go to the Three Ricers site and search for SRF you’ll see them and there is a good explanation of their use.
 Aldo Leopold

Offline MCNSC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2020, 08:27:26 PM »
That’s Three Rivers.
 Aldo Leopold

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©