3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: FOC?  (Read 246 times)

Offline inthecrease

• Trad Bowhunter
FOC?
« on: April 19, 2008, 09:41:00 AM »
New to traditional archery. Been shooting a 66" 45#@ 28" for about a month now after 20 plus years of wheelie hunting. Started with an old recurve many moons ago when I was still just a pup and now that I am long in the tooth I wanted to get back to my roots. Anyway, been lurking out here a while picking up lots of helpful info. Im shooting Gold tip Trad. carbons @29" with 125 gr. tips. Is this too light? Seem to be getting good flight in the yard but my main focus is preparing for whitetail season. I also have a 53# @ 28" Maddog longbow on order that I think will be my main hunting bow. I will know in about 6 weeks when I receive it and see how it performs. Now back to the subject question... What is FOC or front of center and will that help in hunting situations? Any and all answers and advice is wanted and welcomed.Trying to learn and having a great time doing it!

Offline Dr. Ed Ashby

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: FOC?
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2008, 10:14:00 AM »
David, the entire "Prologue" to the 2007 Study Updates is devoted to FOC - what it is, what it does, what effects it has and the various methods used to measure it. You can find that article in the "DR. Ashby Reports" forum, right here on TradGang. It will give you a starting place.

Ed
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: FOC?
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2008, 11:09:00 AM »
You got it form the Authority David, the only thing I would add is those arrows seem mighty stiff off of a 45# bow with 125 up front. Put on at least 175, if not more and see how they fly. Iam sure you will be impressed. Shawn
Shawn

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©