3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: HIT insert problem...  (Read 321 times)

Offline carparcher

• Trad Bowhunter
HIT insert problem...
« on: April 19, 2008, 11:03:00 AM »
Hello all.  Recently hit a hog a bit high and spined it.  The broadhead broke and the threaded part of it is still in the arrow insert.  Problem is that I was using an Easton Axis w/ those HIT inserts that are down in the shaft.  The arrow is fine (and not cheap), so if anyone out there knows of a trick to get that out of there, I am all ears...  Thanks.

Offline MRD

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: HIT insert problem...
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2008, 01:56:00 PM »
If you take your time, you can drill a pilot hole into the insert and use an EZ Out screw remover.  Just make sure the pilot hole matches the size of the EZ Out.  Works most times for me.

Mark

Offline JRY309

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2008, 05:57:00 PM »
Like he said you can drill a small hole and use an EZ out screw remover.But also you could try drill it with a left-hand drill bit and it may come on out.And if that doesn't work,you'll have a hole for the EZ out.You can pick up a 5-pack of left-hand drill bits at most auto parts places.Remember put the drill in reverse with left-hand drill bits.

Offline hunt it

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2008, 06:03:00 PM »
Tim,

Get yourself a .17 calibre cleaning rod or a 8 or 9" piece of brass rod that fits inside shaft. Put insert end of shaft in some boiling water for 5 mins and then tap out insert with cleaning rod. Or if using brass rod you take knock out and put brass rod in shaft and flic shaft fast from overhead towards floor and insert should tap out.
hunt it

Offline carparcher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2008, 07:53:00 PM »
Thanks for the help fellas!  I knew I could count on you guys!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©