3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Limb clearance in elevated box type blinds (Redneck, Muddy, etc.)  (Read 586 times)

Offline dennis502

• Trad Bowhunter
Does anyone have any experience shooting traditional bows (ie a 60" recurve) from an elevated commercial box type blind?

I'm looking to purchase a couple of new blinds and am hoping they can pull double duty for archery season. Specifically, I'm looking at the Redneck brand Predator 360 5x6 blinds on 10' elevated stands. They show 80" of ceiling height, and with the 48" H corner windows they look like they will accommodate traditional equipment.

Nearest dealer is several hours away- I appreciate any first hand insight.

Online Friend

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Limb clearance in elevated box type blinds (Redneck, Muddy, etc.)
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2020, 04:22:24 PM »
Am also, interested in some pertinent feedback.

An very expensive endeavor....Was evaluating placing a Millennium mounted shooting house over next year's projected 3 1/2 acre new alfalfa food plot. The whole Millennium setup is less than the Muddy tower. While the Millennium is a soft shell, I was investigating the possibility of coating the soft shell with a do-it-yourself bed liner coating...could save over $2000 if successful.

One of the Millennium's is already mounted on the tower approximately 35"s away. Will be taking a 62" bow there to test it out.

>>----> Friend <----<<

My Lands… Are Where My Dead Lie Buried.......Crazy Horse

Offline GCook

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Limb clearance in elevated box type blinds (Redneck, Muddy, etc.)
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2020, 10:13:51 AM »
I've hunted out of them on some exotic ranches and they had plenty of clearance if you shoot sitting.   An adjustable (for height) office type chair with no arms is helpful as floor clearance is a consideration as well when elevated and shooting at that much angle.  I hunt out of Krivoman and Maverick blinds on our ranch but we have 6' platforms.  Plenty of clearance in them as well.
I can afford to shoot most any bow I like.  And I like Primal Tech bows.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©