3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: New Toelke Chinook. Wow!!  (Read 3614 times)

Offline Seth Stevens

• Trad Bowhunter
New Toelke Chinook. Wow!!
« on: September 16, 2020, 11:58:13 AM »
I have owned some some great bows over the years. I have always kicked myself, however, for getting rid of my Toelke Whips. In my mind, I shot them better than any bow I've had.

I made the mistake of looking at the stock bow page on the Toelke website. Low and behold, they had a Chinook in my exact specs and in the exact woods I would choose. I had to order it....it was meant to be....right?

After USPS misplacing it for a couple of days, It showed this morning. All I can say is wow! In half an hour I am shooting better than the bow I had been shooting. I am hitting everything I look at (which is how I remembered my Whips). The draw is incredibly smooth out to my 30" draw. The lack of noise in this bow is ridiculous! So quiet! And, it's fast. My 630gr arrows are hitting the target with serious authority.

It's a 60", 53#@28". It scales 59#@30". I put the provided string on and set the brace to the low end of Dan's recommendation. The first arrow hit just low of where I was looking. I smashed it with a bare shaft. Didn't have to touch the nock height, form where Dan had tied the nock.

The woods and finish are amazing. The picture on the stock bow page did the bow no justice. The myrtle is gorgeous!

« Last Edit: September 16, 2020, 02:53:05 PM by Seth Stevens »
Black Widow PCHX 60"

Online Roy from Pa

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: New Toelke Chinook. Wow!!
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2020, 12:20:23 PM »
Beautiful......

Offline joe vt

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2020, 12:54:27 PM »
Awesome!!! I love my Toelkes.

I see you grabbed the take down too, smart choice in my opinion. I want to try a Chinook or take a chance and just order one. 
~ joe vt  >>>~~~~~~~~>

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Cool Springer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2020, 01:05:35 PM »
VERY NICE!!

Please don't take the question I'm about to ask wrong.  You said you previously owned a Tolke or two, and you shot them better than any other bow.  Why did you part ways with them?  You're certainly not the first person to say they've sold or traded their best bow.  I guess I'm just trying to understand the thought process behind parting with the best shooting bow you own.  :dunno:
Javaman Elkheart, 58", 51 @ 30
Foley Longbow 53 @ 30
Allegheny Mountain Recurve 53 @ 29
Allegheny Mountain Recurve 61 @ 29

Offline doubleo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2020, 01:43:01 PM »
Sweet looking bow! I love his black risers! Does he make left hand bows? I never see a lefty on his stock page. :dunno:
Wisconsin Traditional Archers Member

Offline Seth Stevens

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2020, 02:09:16 PM »
VERY NICE!!

Please don't take the question I'm about to ask wrong.  You said you previously owned a Tolke or two, and you shot them better than any other bow.  Why did you part ways with them?  You're certainly not the first person to say they've sold or traded their best bow.  I guess I'm just trying to understand the thought process behind parting with the best shooting bow you own.  :dunno:

I guess you don't know what you like best until you try a bunch! When I had them, I was relatively new to trad. To your point, I should have kept one of them.
Black Widow PCHX 60"

Offline tzolk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2020, 02:30:54 PM »
Nice Seth! 59@30, I bet those arrows are cooking! My 51@30 Chinook is pretty speedy, can't imagine 59@30. Rocket launcher! That's a beautiful bow!!!! Truth be told, that model is now my fav. When it's strung up  and with a quiver on it, it's the most aesthetically pleasing trad bow to look at , IMHO. Helps that it's butter smooth, quiet and quick.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2020, 02:59:24 PM by tzolk »
64" Toelke SSLR
64” Toelke Whip SL
Great Northern Quivers only!

All the best!
Todd Z

Offline Trumpkin the Dwarf

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2020, 03:02:11 PM »
Nice Seth! 59@30, I bet those arrows are cooking! My 51@30 Chinook is pretty speedy, can't imagine 59@30. Rocket launcher! That's a beautiful bow!!!! Truth be told, that model is now my fav. When it's strung up  and with a quiver on it, it's the most aesthetically pleasing trad bow to look at , IMHO. Helps that it's butter smooth, quiet and quick.

You should see what the SS does with 61 @32"!  :readit:

Seth, that is a gorgeous bow, and some great shooting! I found the bow bolt added a little mass in just the right places on my Toelke SS.
Malachi C.

Black Widow PMA 64" 43@32"

Offline tzolk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2020, 03:04:09 PM »

Seth, that is a gorgeous bow, and some great shooting! I found the bow bolt added a little mass in just the right places on my Toelke SS.

61 @32?!?! Is that even legal!!!!! 😁 Wouldn't want to be in the way of that!
64" Toelke SSLR
64” Toelke Whip SL
Great Northern Quivers only!

All the best!
Todd Z

Offline Seth Stevens

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2020, 03:30:48 PM »
Thanks tzolk! Your post about yours is partially responsible for my pulling the trigger on it.

I keep running out (between work) and shooting it. Just can't get over how smooth and quiet it is. And yes, it's very quick. Now I just need a buck to cooperate!
Black Widow PCHX 60"

Offline Seth Stevens

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2020, 03:35:58 PM »

Thanks! I am very impressed with the bow bolt. very positive and a little mass in the riser.  61@32! You win!
Black Widow PCHX 60"

Offline Coach Jones

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2020, 08:01:50 PM »
I am getting ready to order one myself with the exact same wood combination as yours.  Mine will be a 58 incher 42@28. 

Offline Wudstix

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Wood arrows & D/R Longbows Rule!!!
« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2020, 08:45:52 PM »
Grip looks meaty enough.  Myrtle does look amazing.

:campfire: 
"If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space!!!" - Me

Psalms 121: 1-3 - King David

60" Big River 67#@28"              
60" MOAB D/R LB 62#@27"
60" Big River D/R LB 65#@27"
62" Kota Badlands LB 72#@28"
62" Howatt TD 62#@28
58” Bear Grizzly 70#@28”
62" Big River D/R LB 60#@30"
66" Moosejaw Razorback LB 60#@28"

"Memento Mori"
PBS - Associate Member
Retired DoD Civ 1985-2019

Online BAK

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2020, 09:44:04 AM »
Mileage may vary.  I've had mine 3 months now and still trying to get comfortable with it.
"May your blood trails be short and your drags all down hill."

Offline Petrichor

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2020, 01:51:40 AM »
Congrats!! Love mine.
Nothing clears a troubled mind like shooting a bow.
Fred Bear

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©