3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: The OFFICIAL 2020 kennym lease thread  (Read 12381 times)

Offline Cyclic-Rivers

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: The OFFICIAL 2020 kennym lease thread
« Reply #80 on: November 04, 2020, 12:40:38 PM »
I dont know kenny. We just get pictures of blood a d no stories.  Beginning to wonder if everyone who goes to your place simply cuts fingers off with sharp broadheads and then cant type afterward  :smileystooges:
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Offline Yellow Dog

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #81 on: November 04, 2020, 01:58:02 PM »
Jakes buck.....I need to transfer pics from my phone to my laptop so I can get a story up. My phone isn’t cooperating right now.

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline GCook

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #82 on: November 04, 2020, 05:17:32 PM »
I'm pretty sure that's what we needed to see.  Congratulations Jake!
I can afford to shoot most any bow I like.  And I like Primal Tech bows.

Online TIM B

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #83 on: November 04, 2020, 08:31:37 PM »
Yep good one jake!
Tim B

Offline Cyclic-Rivers

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #84 on: November 04, 2020, 08:54:49 PM »
Woo hoo congrats Jake
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Online kennym

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #85 on: November 05, 2020, 12:54:52 PM »
Pretty sure that was Jake's first buck with a trad bow, and it fell in sight!!  Bout as cool as it can get! :thumbsup:
Stay sharp, Kenny.

https://www.kennysarchery.com/

Online Roy from Pa

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #86 on: November 05, 2020, 03:13:29 PM »
Congrats Jake.

Offline Darrell M

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #87 on: November 05, 2020, 10:36:17 PM »
So we started hunting at Kennym on Saturday, by Monday morning David and Noah had already had great hunts and harvested a deer a piece.  Monday afternoon myself and my Son Luke were hunting just a 100 to 150 yards apart in one of our favorite spots.  By 3:30 I spotted a smaller doe slowly feeding her way toward me.  With Luke reaching the age to hunt 5 years ago it had been 6 years since I killed a deer and with the bow in my hand that David F had hand made for me and I had yet to harvest a deer with it and with a mess up on my part on a previous hunt I was more than ready to let an arrow loose and this deer looked just right. She slowly feed to a small opening through the tree branches to my left and I took the shot. I felt as if the shot might have been a little far back but she bounced a few yards off and stood behind a pin oak tree. A few minutes later she took a few more steps and started the wobbly leg dance.   Within the next 10 minutes I had climbed down and took some pictures.  It was still early and hey I was there to hunt. So I climbed back up in the saddle to enjoy the rest of the day and wait for help to arrive after there hunts.  I had no idea what was yet to come....

Online TIM B

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #88 on: November 06, 2020, 05:47:38 AM »
Nice one Darrell!
Tim B

Online Roy from Pa

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #89 on: November 06, 2020, 06:12:07 AM »
 :thumbsup:

Online kennym

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #90 on: November 06, 2020, 07:31:05 AM »
Way to go Darrel!!  :thumbsup:

Hint: this gets better even than this ... :bigsmyl:
Stay sharp, Kenny.

Offline Bvas

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #91 on: November 06, 2020, 04:55:13 PM »
Congrats fellas.

Nice to finally see some pics of what lies at the end of those blood trails.  :thumbsup:
Some hunt to survive; some survive to hunt

Offline Darrell M

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #92 on: November 07, 2020, 08:16:23 AM »
....so I settled back in my stand, with that good feeling of just putting a deer down. About and hour and 15min later I was looking forward to giving my story back at the camp and hearing the others when I heard something in the leaves. I take a look and there is a good buck coming in from the same way my doe had.  He was slowly feeding toward me as I was getting ready for him to step out into my shooting lane. As he got closer I could see he had tall tines. 3 on each side I could tell. I couldn’t quite make out any brows but knew they had to be there. He unfortunately didn’t come through my hole as he stayed out just in the cover where I didn’t have a shot. As he passed through he noticed a doe that was further away to my left.  Sure enough he took off to chase her. I thought to myself “well that was fun to see a good buck close” but  Graciously she led him right back to where I first saw him and that’s where he stopped and let her trot away. He then turned and headed straight back to me. This time he turned to my right to give me a 18-20 yard broadside shot but unfortunately there was one limb in my way. I needed one more step but he wouldn’t give it as he turned back behind the brush. To my surprise he then headed right toward my open hole that I had. This time he was nice enough to feed right out in my opening. Nice 10-12 yard shot.  He turned his head away and I zeroed in.  Arrow passed right through.  He ran off about 20 yards and stopped. I heard him cough that bad cough about 3 times and he started to walk away.  I quickly texted Luke as he was headed his way to tell him to watch for that buck and to not take his eyes off him. But it wouldn’t matter cause as soon as I finished typing I heard two more coughs and limbs breaking.  I looked up and saw that white belly.   I was so excited.  I have had so many missed opportunities with a good buck and to now have my first trad horns with that bow that David F built for me was the greatest feeling.  One hunt I will never forget.

Offline Bodork

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #93 on: November 07, 2020, 08:55:36 AM »
Wow! Blessed day!

Online Roy from Pa

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #94 on: November 07, 2020, 09:04:44 AM »
Awesome, congrats Darrell.

Online TIM B

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #95 on: November 07, 2020, 09:05:17 AM »
Ha that’s great....welcome to MO
Tim B

Offline Bvas

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #96 on: November 07, 2020, 09:51:21 AM »
Sweeeeet!!!  :thumbsup:
Some hunt to survive; some survive to hunt

Online kennym

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #97 on: November 07, 2020, 10:15:47 AM »
Great job Darrell!! Great pic too!  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Stay sharp, Kenny.

Offline David Flanrey

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #98 on: November 10, 2020, 11:58:33 AM »
As Darrell said, it was a great hunt.  When we were driving up Friday night we stopped to get a burger and talked about the oncoming hunt.  Luke wanted to know who everyone thought was going to get the first deer.  LOL like it was a given that someone was for sure going to kill one.  Eleven year olds are very optimistic, especially Luke.  Of course, I said "I am"!!

This was our 10th year in a row to hunt Kenny's lease.  Kenny is so good to have stands up for all the hunters to start out on or hunt the entire hunt.  We arrived at the cabin at straight up midnight and got up to hunt at 4:30 to get ready to hunt.  So we all sat on some of the stands Kenny had up.  I choose N1.  I love that spot and have taken deer there before.  It is a great spot to see alot of deer and see where they are going.  By 9:00 I had seen three doe.  One had been just outside my comfort zone so I let her pass.  About 9:15 I saw a deer come from the west at a fast lope.  It came straight to me.  Stopped at 15 yards but was still headed straight to me.  She turned to my left and went behind a small bush.  I drew and she was broadside at 8 steps.  I had already drawn my newly built longbow "Double Ugly" so I let the arrow go.  Dead center but through the shoulder.  She bounced out at about 20 yards and blood was gushing out of both sides.  The double bevel Grizzly did the trick.  She went another 10 yards or so and fell.  She got up and did a little spin and was dead.  SO, PaPa did kill the first deer on the trip.  A really big ole doe the I was tickled to death to take.

I saw many many more deer on the trip.  I had at least 10 more opportunities to shoot.  I missed a nice 8 pointer that was outside that comfort zone.  I passed many smaller bucks.  I saw at least 2 bucks in the 130"-150" range.  I was so excited for Darrell.  It was an afternoon he will never forget.  And yes, I was very proud of the fact that we all hunt with my bows.  I have Kenny to thank for that too.  He has helped me so much along the way.  I am going to ask Darrell to post some more pics of my deer.  Can't wait till next year to do it again.

Offline Darrell M

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #99 on: November 10, 2020, 12:05:06 PM »
David’s deer.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©