3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Supernatural experiance  (Read 3298 times)

Online 4dogs

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Supernatural experiance
« on: October 12, 2020, 04:31:27 PM »
If you want to read some really good stories search the thread here in Pow Wow called Supernatural experience......Tried to bring it to the top but it wont let me.
>>>---TGMM, Family of the Bow--->

Offline HOOSIERGRIZZ

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Supernatural experiance
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2020, 07:51:42 PM »
Glad you bumped that, it was good.  I never post, so I'll add one to the pile.  15-20 yrs ago I was camping alone (with only my chocolate lab) and bowhunting in the Hoosier National Forest in southern Indiana.  It was October and had been a dry fall.   I chose a camping spot  near the middle fork of the Salt Creek in a stand of tall River Birches.  The tall trees were spaced sufficiently that the area was very open.  Most of the leaves had already fallen and covered the ground thick.  You couldn't take a step at camp without the leaves crunching super loud.  The crunchy leaf field surrounded my tent almost 100 yards in every direction.

I'd been there a few days with a few more to go, and I do remember getting that freaky "Blair Witch" vibe a time or 2.  But I chocked it up go being alone (hadn't seen another soul the whole time) in the woods of fall.  Kinda liked it really--isn't that part of it?

Anyway, I'm bedding down for the night one night.  I'm in the tent, dog's in with me.  I'm reading a book by headlamp.  It's DEAD quiet.  No wind at all, no sounds.  I could hear the quiet hissing of the campfire coals outside the tent.  Suddenly I hear the distinct sound of someone walking VERY near the tent.  To clarify--this was a two legged animal for sure, the cadence was very distinctive in those leaves.  Whatever it was was already close (within a few yards I thought) and it sounded like it was getting closer--like it was walking straight toward the tent.  The dog starts raising hell.  I thought someone was making a very ill-advised entry to my camp in the middle of the night.

I jumped, up, grabbed the loaded shotgun next to me, tore open that tent fly, told the dog to "get him" and came out right behind him.  Dog ran around the tent twice.  I shined 50+ yards out 360 degrees around the tent immediately--nothing there, and now it's dead silent again.   From the time I first heard steps to the time I stepped out of the tent couldn't have been more that 10-15 seconds. Nothing in nature could've done that.  No idea what that was. We stayed there the rest of the week without incident.

Offline JonCagle

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2020, 08:52:10 PM »
I remember reading this thread a few years ago when I was going back through and reading some of the older posts here. It’s one of the best threads I’ve read on any forum ever, I wonder if a moderator or Terry had a way to bring it back to the front page

Offline TradBrewSC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2020, 09:18:18 PM »
I remember this thread to. Some really cool stuff in there. I have a few stories I need to articulate to share as well. I would love to see the original at the top too.

Offline Long Barrel Colt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2020, 10:02:43 PM »
40 years of predator hunting at night often by my lonesome in the deserts of California and Nevada I've had a few experiences especially up around the Area 51 Nevada test range.
Coyotes Shot No Waiting
Them Mountains For Animals And Savages
Bear Kodiak 59 Reissue #40
Black Widow PSR V #45
Black Widow PL V #50

Offline Yellah nocks

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2020, 12:25:38 PM »
Had just got out of the Air Force and was hunting in New Jersey. It was around 4 a.m. and was climbing up my treesteps in the dark. Looked up the trunk and saw what I took to be a satellite passing nearly overhead. As it got directly over the tree I thought, "How cool is that! That satellite is up there a hundred miles but I can see it!" I silently chuckled and more mouthed than whispered the words, "I can see you!". It stopped and I stopped climbing. It kind of whirled in a tiny circle the shot OUT into space fast enough that the flight path became an arcing line. I crawled the rest of the way into my stand and got tied in(before harnesses). I put an arrow on the rest and waited for daybreak wonderong what ELSE was I told didn't exist...really existed.

Online Keefer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2020, 03:53:18 PM »
   This “Really” happened to me and I’m sticking to it ....
About 20 years ago I was hunting a piece of State land here in Md. and I was sitting back off a CRP field back in the woods maybe 100 yards in a oak tree with my Summit deer stand or laggy Bayou can’t remember exactly which one but I been hunting the ground since that time.
  Anyway I was all by myself and as dark came I started to collect my belongings and start down the tree when I hear a voice of what sounded like a Lady .
   She said “Hello “ I stopped and listened and heard the same voice again say “What are you doing”?
   I said Hello back and shined my light down the hill to the bottom and nothing but the sounds of crickets .
 So I got everything packed up and started my way out of the woods and I heard the voice again say “ Who is it and what are you doing” so I stopped looked back and again the sound of “Crickets” .
  I then thought is there a women lost in the woods and following me so I kept looking into the woods as I walked a little faster back to my truck and again the voice started laughing at me and she said “What is that noise and what are you doing “?
  Well my mind started playing tricks on me thinking some woman was following me from the bottom in the woods that went somewhat parallel to the field and she might have a hatchet and want to chop me up like we used to do with chickens for dinner so I walked even faster and was nearing my truck as she kept speaking.
 I tossed my stand in the back and reached for my keys which were in my pants pocket but I had camo overalls on and I didn’t have the time to take them off so I had to unzip the thing to get my hands in and get the keys out my pant pockets but the zipper got stuck and I’m about to rip off my coveralls cause that women was still speaking and laughing at me .
  “What is that noise and what are you doing “ then who are you ?
  I about soiled my pants and finally got the zipper undone and reached in for my keys .
  I got into the truck and through it in gear spinning dirt And somehow the spirit of that woman got in my truck and she laughed once more and about then I felt her voice on my leg.
   I felt down and I had a spare pocket and there was an object in the pocket so I reached in and there was the woman who been chasing me .
   It was my Ex sister in law and when I was getting down from my stand I somehow called her on my cell phone and she was on there the entire time I walked / hauled @ss back to my truck .
  I held the phone up and said “Hello” Pam what’s up  ?   She said what was all that noise and I was like “oh nothing I was hung up in some briars” in the woods and the noise you heard was me getting poked with the thorns so I let out a scream every once in a while from the pain . :scared: :biglaugh:

« Last Edit: October 13, 2020, 03:59:20 PM by Keefer »

Offline SlowBowKing

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2020, 01:36:56 AM »
Dang it, y’all are gonna have me too spooked to get up and go hunting before daylight!  :o

Hadn’t thought about this in years until now....When I was younger, maybe 12-15, my dad and I hunted a property together. On multiple occasions over the years, when hunting in the afternoon (we were in the same natural ground blind), we would see this light in the sky. It would seem to sit in one spot for a while, maybe half an hour, then move off in an odd direction at an incredible rate of speed. All it ever looked like was the late afternoon sunlight reflecting off of something metal. I could never make out a definite shape. We live near Fort Campbell (Home of the 101st Airborne), so we always wondered if it was something military-related.

My dad also told me that when he and my mom were first married, they went to a high school basketball game one night. On the way home, they noticed a light in the sky that seemed to be following them, then it stopped and hovered over a field near their house. The next morning my dad got up to go hunting, and the light was still there. He said it followed him to the woods and he could see it from his stand, but that it left before first light.

If I hadn’t seen the first thing I described, I’d probably say my parents were crazy for that second story. Don’t know what either one of those lights was, but it ain’t right!
-King

Compton Traditional Bowhunters
PBS Associate Member

Offline Long Barrel Colt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2020, 03:11:59 AM »
Former Senate Majority leader Harry Reed recently said the US Government has been covering up the UFO phenomenon for a long long time...Either he's knows something or living in Searchlight Nevada as spooked him.
Coyotes Shot No Waiting
Them Mountains For Animals And Savages
Bear Kodiak 59 Reissue #40
Black Widow PSR V #45
Black Widow PL V #50

Online Eric Krewson

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2020, 09:20:22 AM »
My wife died of cancer 7 years ago, her sister told me about how much my wife loved our house and jokingly said she didn't want to leave.

Well, she didn't leave after she died, the paranormal stuff going on went out the roof.

I had to work on a leak under the kitchen sink the day after she died, it was flooding everything. I left the cabinet doors open to let everything under the sink dry out when I went to bed that night. The next morning these cabinet doors were closed. I thought I had closed them and didn't remember.

My wife got warm when she put on make-up so she had several small battery powered fans she would place next to the bathroom sink for her make-up sessions.

My dining room table was a typical catch all for bills, papers, magazines and such. The morning after the sink cabinet doors were closed I woke up to find all the junk on the dining room table pushed back and this little fan displayed there.

At this point I knew I had an active spirit in the house and to tell the truth it freaked me out at the time.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2020, 09:36:00 AM by Eric Krewson »

Online Eric Krewson

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2020, 09:35:06 AM »
Things happened daily, sometimes several times a day, stuff moved while I was watching it, lights and the TV would be turned on in the middle of the night, an invisible hand pinched me a couple of times, the first time raising a huge welt.

As freaky as it sounds you get used to it and even laugh out loud when a particularly large object tips over as you walk by, I would say "baby, that was a good one" out loud. These things would always startle me and give me chill bumps until I thought of something to say.

A year or so ago I brought my first real girlfriend since my wife died over to my house, this was a first. A few days later I was walking by a potted plant in the kitchen and it was not just tipped over but slammed sideways with a loud bang. Of course I complimented my spirit on catching me off guard. I went to bed that night and my spirit laid on the horn of my Honda out in the garage at 3 AM.

I guess bringing the girlfriend over rubbed my spirit the wrong way, honking the horn was her parting shot, nothing has happened since.

So many things happened over the years they would list in the hundreds, I saw them, guests in my house saw them. Some things were downright scary, some things touched my heart, like the time I was sitting in her favorite porch swing under a big oak tree in the yard; I looked to the left and back to the right and she was sitting right next to me, she was made up, very pretty and also a bit transparent, I could see through her and see the house behind her. Not knowing what to say I looked away for a second, when I looked back she was gone, never to return no matter how hard I tried to make it happen.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2020, 09:58:45 AM by Eric Krewson »

Online The Whittler

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2020, 10:03:17 AM »
When we had an archery club the 3d range was about 5 minutes from my house and there was always targets out so after work or anytime I was off I would go shoot.

One time I was maybe 10 or 12 targets in and I pulled my arrows and turned to go to the next target when someone said my name twice. I turned and no one was there. I looked all around and down the trail but there was nobody there.

When I got back out to my truck I was the only one there. Kind of makes you wonder and to this day I still do.

Online supernaut

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2020, 10:35:51 AM »
Stories like this have fascinated me form the time I was a kid, please keep them coming!

The only strange thing that ever happened to me when I was hunting: When I was a kid in the late 70's and early 80's we all trapped and ran coon with dogs at night. One night we were running dogs in the backwaters of the Loyalhanna Dam and came upon a group of what we assumed were Satanists. They were all dressed in black robes and were chanting around a fire. I don't think they ever saw us and we gathered up the dogs and lit out back to the truck. My dad was friends with a fella that worked for the Corps. of Engineers (they took care of the dam) and he called him to let him know what we saw. Apparently around that time in our area this kind of stuff was happening a good bit.

I was a funeral director back in the early 90's and I get asked all the time if I ever experienced anything strange. I was working at a funeral home in Lancaster and one evening my mom called me around 9pm. My mom's side of my family are Italian and superstitious. She proceeds to tell me that her and her sisters (my aunts) had just got back form seeing a psychic, someone they had never met before. My mom tells me as soon as she sits down the psychic says, "You have a son that works with the dead. I have spirits bombarding me with messages and they are all saying that they are constantly around your son and look out for him because he took such good care of them after they died.". I didn't think much of this conversation with my mom because I'm not very superstitious. Well, about 2 am that night I get a death call. I get my suit on and go pick up the deceased and head back to the funeral home to do the embalming like I'd done countless times. The prep room in the funeral was in the basement and it wasn't very big, maybe 10x15. I get the body on the table and all of a sudden it felt like there were hundreds of people in the room with me. I don't even know how to explain it. It was a feeling I never had before or after this. I said out loud, "I appreciate anyone that is around me and looking out for me but please don't ever make your presence known to me" and immediately the feeling of hundreds of people in the room with me went away. It was the strangest thing I ever experienced. I called my mom later that day and told her not to give me anymore "news" from any psychic visits.  :scared: :biglaugh:
Prayer changes things.

If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough.

Online blacktailbob

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
    • Island Graphics Inc.
« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2020, 11:03:26 AM »
Demons playing games with people.
Except for the cell phone in the pocket. That was funny.
[email protected]

Islandgraphicsfl.com

Online Roy from Pa

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2020, 05:10:42 PM »
I got a deer one time:)

Offline Yellah nocks

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2020, 07:10:20 PM »
Blacktail bob is right.

Online MCNSC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2020, 09:37:32 PM »
One morning I went hunting , by my self of course. I got to the parking area  plenty early and wasn’t in a rush to get to my stand. It was pretty windy, and I just was standing around ( it ain’t a good thing to just stand around, your mind starts playing tricks ) so , stepped away to relieve my self and had just made it back to the truck when I hear a noise like something scrapping across the ground I look back and something is coming straight for me. My heart felt like it stopped, although to my credit I don’t think I screamed. It turned out to be a big leaf that the wind was blowing. That’s the scariest thing to ever happen to me , other than the time I ran into two big dogs in the woods scouting , no weapon except a folding knife in a sheath. I was in the process of slowly getting it out while the closest dog was standing there growling. The dogs finally decided to leave. That was about 40 years ago, went and bought a handgun and have never been in the woods without one since.
"What was big was not the trout, but the chance. What was full was not my creel, but my memory"
 Aldo Leopold

"It hasn't worked right since I fixed it" My friend Ken talking about his lawn mower

Online Pine

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2020, 10:43:10 PM »
When I was in my late teens I headed out the back door of our house about an hour before first light.
My trusty K-Mag in hand with it's Kwiki Quiver on it and no flashlight.
I had about a quarter mile to walk and I could see the tree line in the sky as I made my way along the edge of the corn field.
I got to a fence line I needed to cross, you know the type, with tall grass and as I steped over the fence;  :scared:
A cock pheasant proceeded to explode straight up slapping my legs and chest on the way by as well as doing the all too familiar cackle cackle as it went up. :o
I'm going to tell you that woke me up better than sixteen cups of coffee.  :scared: :laughing:
It's easier to fool someone than to convince them they have been fooled. Mark Twain

If you're afraid to offend, you can't be honest.

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Duncan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2020, 10:56:25 PM »
My Dad was an occasional hunter and not really into it. My grandfather owned an island in coastal NC and had a house on it which burned down in the 1950's. In 1962 Dad decided build a new house and he and his brothers started work on it. We camped and often slept outside despite the insects during the build. Of course Dad had tons of scary stories to tell us kids around the fire, the Monkeys Paw or the Wendigo and one night after a lengthy tale of the Wendigo and how the light would come out of the marsh take you away we finally settled down to sleep. The fire died down and all the lamps were out and back then there was no development anywhere near for miles. It was dark dark except for the starlight. I woke for some reason and immediately saw a light in the woods. Dad was beside me and a shook him awake and I whispered to look right there, the Wendigo is coming. He got up with a start and looked and then started laughing. He got up an went over to it and called me over and I very cautiously followed to see what it was. It was foxfire on a rotten stump glowing in the dark. Not the Wendigo after all! And not supernatural, just natural.

But here's another story(not hunting but spooky nevertheless) that is my only brush with spirits that I know of and it still raises my hackles even now as I write this. My wife and I were on an Art Walk tour and there were alot of people every where going from building to building to view the various exhibits. We entered a building that had been a department store originally with multiple floors. The exhibit was on the ground floor. The building had been gutted for renovation so all the art was on the walls and a few tables in the center. We split up because we look at things at different speeds and I had wandered over to the tables and was looking at some paintings. No one was at the tables when I walked over but my sub-conscious was aware of people moving about but I was fully focused on the art pieces. I turned to walk on and felt as if I had bumped into another person or they had bumped into me. I felt them as they brushed past, the weight of them. I politely said Oh', I'm so sorry as I turned but you guessed it. There was no one there. In fact there was no one anywhere close to me but the closest ones heard what I said and were looking at me very oddly. Man, I hurry up and found the wife and said we need to go now. She said I'm not finished. I said lets go now I'll tell you outside. She actually wasn't surprised. Durham is an old town and has a lot of history.
I'll tell you this the sensation was one of mischief like a child playing among racks of clothes in a department store. I've never been back in that building.

OK, one more. The wife and I have lived here for close to 40 years and while we don't really think anything is here there does seem to be a lot of activity in the laundry room. We use some of the shelves for extra pantry and we both have picked up our share of cans that have fallen off the shelves over the years.
Member NCBA

Offline Soonerlongbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2020, 11:28:47 AM »
Was out hunting with my mom during the spring turkey season here in OK. Back then I lived in all the exact opposite side of the state: both in local and terrain. We were walking up the “mountain” on some property my grandfather owned in SE OK adjacent Sardis lake. We noticed several bobcat tracks moving up the old logging road in the same direction, looking like 2-3 cats. As we got closer to a blind bend/switchback the track veered off down the mountain and we heard a truck driving down. We sat and talked with the guy about hunting and what all he’d seen lately. He gave us some good info on where he’d been hearing some birds recently but also mentioned that there was a small cave a bear had been using just down from permanently stationed camper my grandfather had moved there years before. After he left we waited for a little bit and walked back down since the direction he said was another logging road further back down. While going back down we found fresh bobcat tracks where they had come back onto the road and headed downhill as well. But this time they were not alone, a set of massive cat prints were on TOP of my tracks going uphill. The hairs on the back of our heads stood out a bit more at the realization of what had happened, and we both were looking for large tan kitties more than we were thunder chickens the rest of the time.

Also during spring turkey a year later, but closer to home around McAlester. We had gotten out to the hills just west of town that were family owned. Was at the base of a decent size hill with lots of rocky outcrops called Pile Mountain. My grandmother had grown up out here and had sworn for years that back when she was a kid that mountain lions were out there. And there’s been stories and rumors that the government had reintroduced them onto McAAP several times before. She would tell of them making the sounds of a woman crying to get attention, & said to be very careful out there. Well, it’s dark, no moonlight, a little cloudy so no stars, you know, DARK! We had just walked towards the back of the property along an oil & gas road when we stopped to use a locator call. While waiting for a return we heard several owls laughing nearby. You could even tell they were changing positions every so often. Just then, the loudest shrieking sound I’d ever heard happened just a couple feet above our heads! We both backed away, half expecting a 70# cat to jump onto us from the tree. But when our lights went on and looked up it was that dang owl!

After September 11 my reserve unit was activated and I spent some time doing standard garrison MP duty on Ft. Sill. One night I was on patrol with a friend of mine and he was the kind that liked to explore while on mid shift. He was our TAI guy that night and since our Traffic section had a Jeep Cherokee we decided to have some fun. For those that don’t know, Ft. Sill has lots of ghost stories. From the Indian hidden under the general’s porch to various stories about Geronimo’s grave. Well, we went driving around and found this old road that had grown up on both sides, the Johnson grass was as tall as the Jeep roof and enclosed most of the road. From the outside there was a cedar tree with a couple strips of cloth tied in the tops of the tree probably 15’ off the ground but at the limb tips. When we got back in further we found a picnic table with what looked like a stone altar a few feet away. The two more cedar trees, but these were loaded with cloth and handkerchiefs! Often the cedar directly above Geronimo’s grave is decorated in a similar fashion, so we thought it might be a place used by the local tribe when they came out, heck, it wasn’t very far away anyway. So we backed out and left, my partner wouldn’t even get out of the Jeep as he was a superstitious guy. As we backed out down the dirt road we stopped for a minute and shut the vehicle off. The spot was between the thick grass and the picnic area in the woods and it opened up a bit. As we were sitting there the outside of our windows began to fog up with a pulsating fog. Had it been low on the windows I would have suspected a prank, (young MP’s like to play practical jokes) but this was eye level and a little in front of my seat. My partner turned on our alley lights and I shone my flashlight down the outside of my side of the Jeep: nothing! Suffice it to say we left in a hurry!
PSE Legacy 55@28
Diamondback Venom 55@28

US Army MP 2000-'08

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©